Mpg? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mpg?

ENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTIEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSmittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Closed Thread
Unread 08-16-2006, 02:47 PM   #1
FanAholic
2007 MK Compass 

Mpg?

I know this has been mentioned several times but does anyone have any hard numbers on MPG? Will it be better then the TJ? If so then by how much? This is going to be a deciding factor for me, i dont see any other reason to add more years to paying for vehicles.

Unread 08-16-2006, 03:03 PM   #2
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

MPG will be the same as the TJ.

Rocky529 shot a pic of the JK window sticker at Camp Jeep. Check the link below.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...3&postcount=11
Wheelin98TJ is online now   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2006, 03:23 PM   #3
cab76
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ
MPG will be the same as the TJ.

Rocky529 shot a pic of the JK window sticker at Camp Jeep. Check the link below.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...3&postcount=11
The mpg on that window sticker is not the same as the TJ. Numbers shown were 16 city, 19 hwy for a JK Unlimited Rubicon. The EPA numbers for the TJ Unlimited Rubicon are 14/18, so 16/19 would be an improvement.

These numbers have also not yet been confirmed. It is possible that the sticker shown was not correct (it was incorrectly posted on a 2-dr and it shows an incorrect price for the nav system). They may just be placeholders for the actual numbers. That may be wishful thinking, but you asked for hard numbers and as far as I know, no one knows for sure what the mileage will be yet.
cab76 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2006, 03:26 PM   #4
FanAholic
2007 MK Compass 

Ok i wasnt sure, but if its only 1mpg, thats not enough to git rid of my TJ.
Unread 08-16-2006, 04:46 PM   #5
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanAholic
...but if its only 1mpg...
2 in the city!!
scottyc is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2006, 05:02 PM   #6
FanAholic
2007 MK Compass 

Ok my bad, 2mpg thats still not enough. You would think how advanced we are in technology, that they could make engines get better gas milage.
Unread 08-16-2006, 06:20 PM   #7
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanAholic
Ok my bad, 2mpg thats still not enough. You would think how advanced we are in technology, that they could make engines get better gas milage.
Even if the MPG gain was 10 MPG, that would still not convince me to trade up for a JK.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2006, 06:29 PM   #8
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky529
Even if the MPG gain was 10 MPG, that would still not convince me to trade up for a JK.
I'm starting to get the feeling you don't like the JK!!??

You're like the kid in high school who was dating a fat chick but would take every opportunity to say how ugly the homecoming queen was.
Unread 08-16-2006, 06:58 PM   #9
FanAholic
2007 MK Compass 

I like the JK its got the mechanical advantage over the TJ and I dont mind the looks,but It would be easier to make a TJ far superior, and will be for a while, so ill stay where im at.
Unread 08-16-2006, 07:00 PM   #10
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyc

You're like the kid in high school who was dating a fat chick but would take every opportunity to say how ugly the homecoming queen was.
I don't hate it. I spent 3 days straight with it. It has nice features... but it's not catching me yet. I still can't stand the fenders for one thing... I hate the curved windshield along with all the body lines. So many nooks and crannies. The only thing I like about them is the 3 piece top.

The Rubicon's disconnect motor is front and center behind a plastic "guard"...right below some massive plastic bumpers. The non-Rubicon version is not nearly as peppy as my TJ Sport is off-road. I hate the V6. I kept saying I'll wait until I see it in person and drive it until I judge it. Well, I saw it and drove it... and that's what I think.

Unread 08-16-2006, 07:54 PM   #11
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
...I hate the curved windshield...
This does seem like something that would be really hard to judge without seeing it in person. I hope I don't have the same reaction you did.
Unread 08-16-2006, 08:43 PM   #12
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
This does seem like something that would be really hard to judge without seeing it in person. I hope I don't have the same reaction you did.
It looks nice, it just doesn't belong on a Wrangler. Maybe I am too "old school".. and used to the only thing the Wrangler has seen, flat windshields.

Unread 08-16-2006, 08:51 PM   #13
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
If you really wouldn't get one if there was 10mpg increase then I'm sorry but you're not too bright... I would kill to have a Jeep that got 25mpg.

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2006, 08:53 PM   #14
TheBluePill

Quote:

OWNED!
TheBluePill is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2006, 10:45 PM   #15
Bighaeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob
If you really wouldn't get one if there was 10mpg increase then I'm sorry but you're not too bright... I would kill to have a Jeep that got 25mpg.
What do you mean he is not too bright. Maybe that is the problem. Automakers know that people will settle for just 1,2 or a 3 MPG increase. 10 MPG would still be crappy for a vehicle this size and the advanced technology that has come our way in recent years. I'd be impressed when the window sticker says 26 city 32 hwy or better. You'll see why I'm saying that by the end of this year.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.