Move from N. California to Texas!Oil still full. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Move from N. California to Texas!Oil still full.

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Closed Thread
Unread 12-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #31
MYounts
2014 JK Wrangler 

You seemed surprised at the lack of oil consumption. I've notice mine has used a little over a quart in the 3K miles between changes. That seems high to me for a car with 17K miles. Most of the cars I've had didn't use any oil between changes until well over 100K.

MYounts is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 07:04 AM   #32
Sidgmc
1984 CJ8 

Funny story about "oil consumption." My buddy from MI had a Prism which he drove back and forth to school out here in PA, about a 12 or 14 hour trip. Now, when he was here, it wouldn't use a drop of oil, but after he drove for about 3,4 or 5 hours he would somehow loose all of it. Almost simultaneously. He ended up just grabbing a case or two of oil before every trip just to get home. He made over half a dozen trips like that. I don't he ever even found out what was wrong with it either.
Sidgmc is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #33
JeepinTopless
2009 JK Wrangler 

Welcome Back!!!
JeepinTopless is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #34
trw
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjw View Post
Sad that someone started a thread just to say their jeep does NOT burn oil.
I've had fords with over 150k miles and VWs with over 200k miles, none of them burnt or leak any oil on cross country drives or otherwise. I recently drove my f150 on 35s 2600 miles across the country at 80mph, with a slide-in cabover camper and pulling a cargo trailer and it didn't use any measurable oil whatsoever.
Just because someone started a thread on it doesn't mean its an issue like you're implying? Last I remember, oil consumption was an issue on 07-08 JKs, and JKs with bad PCV valves, which seemed to occur until Chrysler went through bankruptcy.

my '11 burns no oil, 32k miles, don't know of any other JKs personally that burn any oil.
1978 Jeep CJ-7 - 304 V8, TH400 auto and quadratrac
2007 Jeep Liberty - Mother's Jeep, BFG ATs and....mud?
trw is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 07:36 PM   #35
nwpipelayerxj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRodriguez
Just wait till you pay your property taxes. How do you think that all the illegals get their medical visits payed for?
Come to Oregon we have higher property taxes and state income tax is higher too.
nwpipelayerxj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #36
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Somebody needs to spend some time in Panama City, Florida. They don't call it LA (Lower Alabama) for nothing.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #37
azgurney
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRodriguez View Post
Just wait till you pay your property taxes. How do you think that all the illegals get their medical visits payed for?
So you are saying this does not happen in California?
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.