most popular lift kit ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > most popular lift kit ?

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-21-2008, 10:11 AM   #16
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

Truthfully, I didn't measure. I can tell you that for a little guy (I'm 5'6), and being my first ever lifted vehicle, this thing is like a monster truck to me. If anyone would like to measure a bone stock (on the tiny wheels and rubber) JK X 4x4, I'll give an 'after' measurement.

I'm very happy with the lift. Lifting sure seems easier and less troublesome than lowering, which is what I've always done in the past.

ge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2008, 11:05 AM   #17
FatBuoy

Ge2- That IS a helluva nice looking truck! You are making me reconsider possibly. I have a Rescue Green on order, but could go buy black today on a lot. What size wheels do you have there, 18s? I love black but they are such a headache to keep clean. Man, decisions decisions....

So far: Rugged Ridge front bumper, rear bumper/tire carrier and side armor, 37" Toyo Open Country MTs, Argent AEV Pintlers, AEV hood, 5.13 gears, Teraflex 4" Long Arm lift, JE Reel front shaft. Flat fenders-Bushwacker. Superchips Flashpaq

Waiting to be installed: Nuttin!

On order: Nuttin!

Some day: I may grow up, but I seriously doubt it. Oh, and a Hemi!
FatBuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2008, 11:11 AM   #18
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

I came to this Jeep from a long listed of lowered vehicles that were washed at least 1 time, and typically 3-4 times per week. I've had black and swore I'd never get black again. My wife's commander does still require washing (it's black) regularly, but it's easy.

My JK hasn't been washed since I bought it The heavy Seattle rains rinse it from time to time, and I may try and wash it this week, but I'm not too particular about cleanliness anymore.

The wheels are 18s, yes. That's the smallest diameter that KMC offers in the Rockstar.
Unread 01-21-2008, 11:25 AM   #19
FatBuoy

So....why did you go back?

So far: Rugged Ridge front bumper, rear bumper/tire carrier and side armor, 37" Toyo Open Country MTs, Argent AEV Pintlers, AEV hood, 5.13 gears, Teraflex 4" Long Arm lift, JE Reel front shaft. Flat fenders-Bushwacker. Superchips Flashpaq

Waiting to be installed: Nuttin!

On order: Nuttin!

Some day: I may grow up, but I seriously doubt it. Oh, and a Hemi!
FatBuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2008, 11:44 AM   #20
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

LOL-- well, truthfully, I design a ride in my mind before I buy it. Usually I start ordering my mods before I buy it too. With the offered colors in the Jeep, there just wasnt' one that fit with what I wanted it to look like. I was 100% certain that I wanted a monochromatic thing going on. So if it was any other color than black, I'd either be guying the sahara and painting the hardtop to match, or buying a rubicon or X and painting the hartop AND the fenders. That narrowed it down for me. So it would have either been silver or black. There were two things that kept me from doing silver over the black. I love the look of the painted hardtop and fenders, but I was honestly pretty excited about the thought of hard plastic that I didn't have to worry too much about-- I toss the t-top thingys around in the back of my rig, and never worry about scratching them-- but I would if it was painted and smoothed.

The other thing was that my last 2 rides were silver, and I love the all blacked out look.
Unread 01-28-2008, 08:36 PM   #21
RedBarron
1998 TJ Wrangler 

JK lift over 2.5 might void warranty

Dealer just told me any lift over 2.5" on a new JK voids the warranty on the drivetrain. And that is a Jeep policy. Ordering my 08 Rubi tomorrow and limited to 2.5 terraflex, as that is what they use to maintain warranty.
RedBarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #22
Key
2008 JK Wrangler 

I went with Teraflex's 3 inch and am pleased. I can't tell you that it is better than any other lift, nor can I tell you which one you should go with. This is an educated decision you need to make on your own. Popularity is one thing, a company with a high quality reputation is another.
Are you installing the lift yourself? If not, make sure you purchase a lift that whoever is doing the work has installed several before yours (dont be the test subject!)
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 11:00 AM   #23
ctown67
2007 JK Wrangler 

i have a dealer installed 4" skyjacker and owned it for almost a year. they have honored all warranty issues from jeep and have also re installed the front drive side shock as the nut backed off. so check with the dealer about that warranty issue. also talk to other jeepers about how it behaves under heavy braking. some wander more than others. the skyjacker pulls a little but downshifting tempers it a bit. good luck
ctown 67
07 jk
4" lift
35"toyo
warrior rack
ctown67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 11:59 AM   #24
Keene YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

2.5" Teraflex budget boost will get you on some 35's and save you alot of money.

This is mine with 33's

-08 JK /-Mickey Thompson 285/75/16 MTZ's /-D1ck cepek DC1 Black wheels /-TeraFlex 2.5" BB
Keene YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 12:08 PM   #25
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

That looks GREAT! ^^^^^
Unread 01-29-2008, 12:10 PM   #26
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM98WranglerSpt
Dealer just told me any lift over 2.5" on a new JK voids the warranty on the drivetrain. And that is a Jeep policy. Ordering my 08 Rubi tomorrow and limited to 2.5 terraflex, as that is what they use to maintain warranty.
Tell him to show you in writing that policy. I say he is fullof crap.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2008, 08:26 PM   #27
cmyjeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

i went with the Teraflex's 3 inch and i got just a bout 4" of lift.it rides better then stock

cmyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2008, 02:45 PM   #28
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

I went with the Pro Comp 4" with the HD control arms. Good kit. However, depending on the rims you have, you will need to replace them with this kit, because the rear control arms are bigger than the stock ones and aren't bent.

The Rubi rims have 6" of backspacing and the Pro Comp kit won't handle anything with more than 5" of backspacing. No issues if you also upgrade rims (I went with 4.5"), but just something to be aware of if you choose that kind of kit.

FWIW, I've never been a fan of the Fabtech kits, because I think they skimp on the quality of their parts, but they are popular, so take that for what it's worth. On other Jeeps, I've always ended up with Rubicon Express kits and I love them - only reason I tried the Pro Comp was because I got a good deal, and so far very happy with them.

One thing to add is that the shocks will make a world of difference even on the same kit.
Unread 01-31-2008, 03:53 PM   #29
Brent_f70
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM98WranglerSpt
If your dealer told you this, you need to order from a different dealer. My dealership installed the 4 inch tera-flex and put the 35's on mine before I ever drove off the lot with it. And it is ALL covered.
6.7 HEMI, ProRock 60's, Atlas 4 speed t-case, on board air, Teraflex long arm plus ACOS, 37 inch Maxxis Trepadors, 5.38 gears, AEV bumper, Custom AEV hood, Warn 9.5, Nemesis aluminum sliders and fenders, Or-Fab front cage, Poly Performance rear cage, Hutchinson Beadlocks, PJ rear bumper, HD Teraflex track bars, tantrum rock lights, woods shafts, corbeau LG-1 seats, Chaser Trailer........TIME TO PLAY!!! Colorado Jeep Club member #177
Brent_f70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2008, 07:35 PM   #30
GlennH

when going with a teraflex 3" kit and 35's on a 2dr auto X do you gotta worry about driveline vibes?

I dont hear much about SYE/CV's on the new JK's. Whats up? I havent been reading much on them but I want to learn cuz I think im buying one.
GlennH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
JK Wrangler , lift advice , lift choices , lift oppinions , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.