Most popular JK 4DR. lift kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Most popular JK 4DR. lift kit

Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday SaNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-23-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
hawkzrno1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Most popular JK 4DR. lift kit

What is the 4" lift kit of choice
for all you guys.
Won't be offroading and hope to go
to a more offroad tire and smaller rims this fall that will still be good
on the highway as I commute 35mi. a day.

Thank's in advance, Craig.
Sometimes I think some of my questions
are a little off the wall.
Daddy said "you don't know if you don't ask" so...

Unread 06-23-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
themaniam1
2006 LJ Wrangler 

There are so many heights that a JK can be lifted and there are sooooo many lift manufactures that your question cannot be answered.

Now you did ask for advise so you may get that. He is mine; sounds like you want to keep it a daily driver and the lift is more for looks then wheeling. With that assumption (yes I know what that means) keep your rim size what it is now and go to a taller tire like a 33” but no taller. The extra sidewall will give you a better ride and keeping the tire at 33” will not sap your power so no regear will be needed. Re-gearing = $1000 roughly. Just do a small lift, I suggest a 2” spring spacer, that way it will not look goofy with a tall lift and small tires. Also the taller you go the stiffer the ride because your control arms will have a steeper angle which will cause a stiffer ride.

Not very specific but should give you some food for thought.
Unread 06-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #3
JC KJ
2007 JK Wrangler 

Depends on your Budget If you are low on funds but want a REAL Good Lift get the ZONE 4" Lift. If you want go WILD get the RUBICON EXPRESS Long Arm Lift. Itís a about MONEY!
JC KJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #4
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

Any lift will impact your commute btw.

Since you don't plan to do any offroading and this is more cosmetic, I'd actually recommend the 2" lift from the dealership. You'll be able to run bigger tires for the "look" you want, but it won't be too extreme as a DD and will be covered under warranty.

Lot's of assumptions here on my part, but like the other poster said, this is a pretty general statement so ahrd to nail down.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.