Mopar Speed Control Install - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mopar Speed Control Install

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 10-11-2010, 05:58 PM   #16
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord2 View Post
hey, that looks pretty nifty. That option has been really the only thing that Ive been missing on my jeep. I wanted to know if the speed control works even when you are at 3500+ rpms? Ive had some vehicles that stop working at a certain rpm and I have a high crusing rpm after the regear.
It will.

Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 06:44 PM   #17
tavic
2010 JK Wrangler 

If Chrysler hasn't changed it, the cruise will not work under 35mph.
tavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #18
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavic View Post
If Chrysler hasn't changed it, the cruise will not work under 35mph.
I use mine at 25...I think it doesn't work below 25.

The manual does say though:

When engaged, this device takes over the accelerator
operation at speeds greater than 35 mph (56 km/h).
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #19
ve7it
2010 JK Wrangler 

Airbag removal tool

I just completed installing the cruise control option using the parts as above.

Notes:
  • Take an old screw driver and bend it just past 90 degrees as shown in attached picture. Mine broke, so i re-bent it and ground a flat tip with the angle grinder. Heat will help.
  • Use a mirror and flashlight to look into the opening on the bottom back of the steering wheel. You will be able to see the wire loop you are trying to release.
  • Park the jeep with the wheel straight and level before you disconnect the battery. This makes things more intuitive when putting the wheel back on.
  • Release the loop at the 6 o'clock position first... it is the easiest one. With the bent screwdriver, the loops are quite easy to release. As you release the loops, dont let the airbag fall off and damage the connections.
  • I just cut a slot in the plastic trim piece instead of buying a new trim piece. Saves $8 or so. You need about 1/8" (3mm) clearance around the control shaft so the control can move up, down and toward the driver without binding on the plastic trim piece.
  • Control and wiring harness cost just over $100Cdn from dealer parts desk with new owners 10% discount.
  • After you remove the steering wheel bolt, look carefully at the 12 o'clock position at the spline... there is an arrow on the steering wheel center casting and a punched dot on the steering column shaft.. makes things easy to line up again.
  • Cruise will engage at 40kph(25mph) or greater on my 2010 model.
  • cruise control lever: Mopar 4671929AB list $33.15Cdn
  • horn switch harness: Mopar 68003477AA list $75.40Cdn
  • wheel cover trim: Mopar 1GA31XDVAA list $ 7.45Cdn Not needed, check color

Last edited by ve7it; 10-16-2010 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: picture not working, added mph conversion, added part numbers and prices
ve7it is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 04:01 AM   #20
3S00W
2009 JK Wrangler 

How do I verify that the engine needed components are there before doing this? Did all the engines come preinstalled and just needed this to complete it? The ECM alrdy programmed too?
3S00W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 04:43 PM   #21
ve7it
2010 JK Wrangler 

The new wranglers are already fly by wire. (you will not need under hood parts like the old throttle servos). The ECM seems to be quite happy without any programming. In my 2010, the throttle control arm plugged in and worked.
cheers
ps, in the post a couple of items up, the picture of the bent screwdriver seems to have been deleted.... any old flat blade driver with the shaft bent at 90 degrees should work... once you find the wire loops to release, the tool required should be obvious.
cruisectrl.jpg

Last edited by ve7it; 03-05-2014 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: attached picture
ve7it is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise control , installation , installation kit , JK Wrangler , troubleshoot , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.