Mopar Speed Control Install? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mopar Speed Control Install?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.com

Unread 03-20-2008, 08:01 PM   #1
Kastiron
2008 JK Wrangler 

Mopar Speed Control Install?

Has anyone tried to install one of these yet? http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=15952#
Mopar Part #82210216

I am thinking of adding it to the 08 JK with the 6 speed.

The same part on quadratec sells for much more, but has a difficulty level of "easy".

According to the picture, it looks like it may be pretty straightforward, nearly plug and play. Would it require a trip to the dealer to get flashed, or would it goof up some warranty?

EDITED TO ADD: Search is my pal, found the answers and plan to try it soon.

Last edited by Kastiron; 03-20-2008 at 08:31 PM..
Kastiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2008, 05:20 AM   #2
Impster
2007 JK Wrangler 

I installed this yesterday in my 07 X

I am not sure on the warranty. It's a mopar part, so I don't think it should void it.

After installing, it worked without a problem. No need for a trip to the dealer.

Here is a decent write up of the install:
http://jk-forum.com/showthread.php?t=14412

A quick search on this forum showed no results for a write up of the install.

They are not kidding when they say use a "stubby" screwdriver. I didn't have one and ended up destroying the plastic cover (which is replaced with the install anyway) to get at the airbag clips.
Impster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2008, 11:42 PM   #3
ogre45
2007 JK Wrangler 

I got mine off ebay for about 185 shipped.
X2 on the airbag clips and no need to go to the dealer. definitley make sure the battery is disconnected messing with the airbag was a little nerve racking for me even with the battery disconnected.

07 Unlimited X, Red Rock, Daystar upper & lower dash panel, RR side steps, Delta fogs, Skid Row front skid & engine skid
ogre45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2008, 09:31 AM   #4
sightor
2007 JK Wrangler 

I installed the Mopar unit on my 07 X. Plug and play when you finally get the center section of the steering wheel off that contains the airbag.
sightor is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.