MOPAR Offroad Bumper CHOP! Lots of pics! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > MOPAR Offroad Bumper CHOP! Lots of pics!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
alexkemple

2010 JK Wrangler 

MOPAR Offroad Bumper CHOP! Lots of pics!

I went out to Shiloh Ridge in Alto, Texas a few weeks ago and experienced the worst rubbing of my life with the 37" Toyos and my front bumper (Mopar Offroad Bumper)...
Here's what it looked like beforehand...

This was just unacceptable, so a friend and I went about modifying the bumper, instead of buying a new one. personally I think it looks 100% better than stock, and it will never rub again! Here's how it went...

We started out drawing lines and plasma cutting it... I wanted something that would look semi factory, so we cut it at an angle, then we torched it...

Next we took the torched ends, and drew up a new end cap for the bumper, and cut it out of the metal...

after that we ground out 45* angles in the bumper ends and end caps, and cleaned up the lines from the plasma cutter...

next we welded them on...

then we went about grinding out the welds and smoothing everything to prep it for paint...

Added a coat of Rustoleum Bedliner and Viola! better than ever! I am extremely happy with the result, and if you have this bumper and inter to do any real wheeling then I highly recommend the mod. we weren't working hard or fast and it only took us about 4 hours to do!

It's sturdier and looks much more beefy... I can't wait to wheel with it

*Quick tip* When working with angle grinders, plasma cutters, and a MIG welder, FlipFlops are a MAJOR No-No... learned that the hard way!

Alex

alexkemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Don't think too much about the bumper or the mods - but your headlights look interesting. Is it just a photo-effect, or do you have something non-stock in there, and if so, what?
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
alexkemple

2010 JK Wrangler 

Truck-lites 7" round LED headlights. The old model. They're great. My fog light locations have Rigid Duallies as well as the windshield
Unread 07-21-2012, 11:08 PM   #4
tinyjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Should have drove over when Dj texted me, that looks so much more fun than moving.
Unread 07-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #5
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkemple View Post
Truck-lites 7" round LED headlights. The old model. They're great.
Thanks (:
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 11:24 PM   #6
alexkemple

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyjeep
Should have drove over when Dj texted me, that looks so much more fun than moving.
It was a lot if fun. We took our time and played around and DJ was DJ as always hahaha
Unread 07-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #7
Butterjeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

Nice work looks great!
Unread 07-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #8
alexkemple

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterjeep
Nice work looks great!
Thanks!

Tags
bumper , chop , mopar , offroad , stubby

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.