Mopar Lift kit question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mopar Lift kit question

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 03-12-2009, 09:02 PM   #1
bendoon
2008 JK Wrangler 

Mopar Lift kit question

I have an 08 two door Rubicon. I was at the dealer today and picked up the wrangler mopar accessories catalog. I've been back and forth trying to decide what I want to do. My first question pertains to the 4.5" lift they advertise. Does this kit come complete with everything to run 35's? will I have to change anything ie: gears, cv's, drive shafts etc? or is it safe to say I can have the dealer install this lift with 35's on and life is good with no other add ons to make this run smooth? I'm the only stock Jeep with the guys I wheel with, everyone is running 35's and up and so far the stock Rubicon does well, but life every red blooded male you always want bigger and better. I've also been contemplating just running a 2 or 2.5 inch lift and rolling with 33's, because from what I've read it is a lot more simple with less sress on parts. I do not want to have any issues with my warranty or my dealer blowing me off if something breaks because of mods. I like to wheel but i'm also not into thrashing my rig like my buddies as it is new and its my daily driver. I fear that 35's will compromise too much and cause too much wear and tear. What are your thoughts?? thanks...

Jeep or die.

bendoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #2
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

you named just about everything that is recommend, will need new gears if you want it to have any power at all going up a hill. Will need new driveshafts at some point, mine went out after 5k miles of flat driving. Would not recommend going over 2.5" lift and 33"s unless your willing to dump some cash on other things. Ive had my 35's for about 10k miles now and love them, but did have to upgrade the gears and driveshaft to make it enjoyable.

I did run the 35's on it for about 5k miles without the gears and the 4.10 are just barrelly tolerable with a 6spd. Pulling anything, head wind and even small hills would bog the engine.
07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
Warlord2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2009, 04:53 AM   #3
Existence
2007 JK Wrangler 

The Mopar lift is the Rubicon Express lift with the stickers removed. Go to RE's website and pick up the full specs there.
Unread 03-13-2009, 06:09 AM   #4
bendoon
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks guys, I think that pretty much sold me on just going with a small 2.5" and some good 33's. Cash isn't the issue, but I'm not into replacing perfectly good drive shafts and other parts just to fit tires a few inches bigger. Like I said, the rubicon is a beast in stock form compared to most vehicles, 2.5" good 33s good driving skills (most important) should keep me going and happy. thanks for the info. any more opinions is welcome.
bendoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2009, 06:13 AM   #5
03rubiconMG
2003 TJ Wrangler 

you will be able to go more places with your rubicon on 33s than your friends jeeps on 35s if they are not locked.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3374/...376a0a33_o.jpg
03rubiconMG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2009, 06:16 AM   #6
Jerzjeep
2009 JK Wrangler 

that is the combo I am using. Leaving in 15 minutes to get the wheels and tires mounted. You can go 35's if you want with the 2.5 lift. It rubs only at full flex and if you aren't an extreme wheeling kind of guy you will be fine.
Unread 03-14-2009, 12:19 PM   #7
Summit Jeep
2008 JK Wrangler 

The Unlimited Rubicon comes with LT255/75/17 which is a 32.05" tall tire according to BF Goodrich site. Through other sites, discussions, and friends I have heard that the Rubicon can tolerate 35" tires with no problems. It is when people go up to 37" and beyond that the OEM Dana 44 axles start showing problems. I know this might not be exactly what you guys were discussing but I thought it might give some examples of tolerances on given axles, tire size, and OEM set up.
Summit Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.