Mopar/Jeep add-ons and accessories...? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mopar/Jeep add-ons and accessories...?

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-30-2006, 08:37 PM   #1
doojer

Mopar/Jeep add-ons and accessories...?

Okay, so I've got a $500 credit that my dealer gave me as reconciliation for a certain button on a certain part of my JK that doesn't actually do what a certain salesman said it did . Now I'm wondering...

I don't want to just blow it all on things that are made better by 3rd parties, and the dealer is way too far away from home to use the credit towards service.

My first thought was the Mopar Rock Rails w/ tubular rub rails (not the Rubi ones)... but how are they? Are they worth blowing my credit on or is it better to go the route of a bunch of cheaper stuff (windows bag, jeep cover, external mirror mounts, etc...) and get protection and guards from 3rd parties? And what about the floor liners? Anyone used 'em?

What would you get?

[B][URL="http://my.project-jk.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=9"]2007 JK Unlimited Sahara[/URL][/B] - [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Jeep Green[/B][/COLOR], Auto, 4:10, D30 front/D44 rear, RockCrusher Diff Covers
doojer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2006, 08:42 PM   #2
surfcaster
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Well as a person who has had Sirius for two years now with the plug and play radios mounted externaly, it is definately nice to have it built in to the radio itself. So, I would upgrade the radio or go with the GPS nav kit. Just my thought.
surfcaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2006, 02:19 AM   #3
Poor Boy
All Around Nice Guy

2007 JK Wrangler 

for armor and accessories, you are generally going to get a better deal from aftermarket third parties. you'll have to wait for them to catch up, but it shouldn't be too long. so i guess my vote is for the radio/gps. or maybe a vacation in cancun. or use it for trail fees
Feed my girlfriend.

Follow my girlfriend

Brew what you drink, drink what you brew

USN Hull number 54
Poor Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2006, 11:50 AM   #4
fraynes1

How much would it cost to upgrade the stereo to the integrated Sirius? Does anyone have a picture as well?

Thanks fraynes1
Unread 12-01-2006, 04:06 PM   #5
surfcaster
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraynes1
How much would it cost to upgrade the stereo to the integrated Sirius? Does anyone have a picture as well?

Thanks fraynes1
If your head unit has the SAT buton on it, then it is satelite ready and all you need is the tuner-$125.00. If you need the satelite ready radio, then it is $400 from the dealer. It includes the tuner and install.
Unread 12-01-2006, 05:37 PM   #6
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfcaster
If your head unit has the SAT buton on it, then it is satelite ready and all you need is the tuner-$125.00. If you need the satelite ready radio, then it is $400 from the dealer. It includes the tuner and install.
Aren't all three factory head units (RES/REQ/RER) satellite-ready?
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2006, 05:41 PM   #7
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doojer
Okay, so I've got a $500 credit that my dealer gave me as reconciliation for a certain button on a certain part of my JK that doesn't actually do what a certain salesman said it did .
what happened?

Gone - 2000 Sport, 1987 YJ, 1997 SE
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2006, 08:07 PM   #8
doojer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondTJ
what happened?
They just made a big deal over the u-connect function on the radio when I test-drove it, but the u-connect isn't functional (and may never be). First they offered to install the missing part for free, but when it turned out Mopar may not make it they offered an equivalent credit.

They did the honorable thing. I wouldn't have felt entitled to anything if they hadn't clearly made it sound like something I was paying for when we negotiated the price. They agreed.
[B][URL="http://my.project-jk.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=9"]2007 JK Unlimited Sahara[/URL][/B] - [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Jeep Green[/B][/COLOR], Auto, 4:10, D30 front/D44 rear, RockCrusher Diff Covers
Unread 12-01-2006, 08:11 PM   #9
doojer

Thanks for all the replies, folks. I'm pretty happy with my radio and I have more GPS receivers than anyone needs, so I think I'm gonna go with things like seat covers, windows bag, etc... and then get armor and whatnot through 3rd parties.

I'm still open to any suggestions.
Unread 12-02-2006, 12:09 AM   #10
csmith46

I got the mopar chrome tubular side steps and really like them. About what your credit is and they are well made.
csmith46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2006, 01:42 AM   #11
IMYY4U
2008 JK Wrangler 

Definitely do seat covers and radio. Cause with satellite radio, when offroading, it doesn't jump and nothing gets in the frequency's way. And if you do offroad, you'll notice your seats take quite a beating too, so seat covers I found were very useful. As with Upgrades, definitely do third party upgrades. Your dealership should also be able to order the parts for you and have them sent to the dealership. There, the dealership will call you to tell you the parts are in and they will install them for you as well. Which is great cause than no warranty is voided and everything is covered. If anything you'll just have a pretty expensive install fee, but it's a worth it I think. If you're dealership refuses to order parts for you that are third party, than they suck! Cause my dealership (Airpark Chrysler) is awesome and always help me out. But when I came to college and wanted a couple parts installed, at (Jim Click) they refused to order them, and then when I did manage to get the parts, they refused to install them. But with upgrades, defintely go third party and the dealership you bought your Jeep from should take care of you.
IMYY4U is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2006, 06:51 AM   #12
surfcaster
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyc
Aren't all three factory head units (RES/REQ/RER) satellite-ready?

No. It must have the SAT button.
Unread 12-02-2006, 07:49 AM   #13
Rokitt

Be carefull with the seat covers. My Sahara came with side air bags which are built into the sides of the seats.
That is the only option that I wish mine did not have.
Rokitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2006, 04:22 PM   #14
Motocane
Jeepster

Remote start. Love mine.
Motocane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2006, 07:06 PM   #15
fraynes1

Can you have a remote start with the 6 speed?

FYI, my first Jeep ever and with every passing second of every day I am loving it more and more!! I should have good one years ago!!!

fraynes1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.