Mopar Classic 5 Hole Black Wheels - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mopar Classic 5 Hole Black Wheels

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 07-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
SoCal_HEMIHead
2008 JK Wrangler 

Mopar Classic 5 Hole Black Wheels

I've got an '08 Rubicon Unlimited and I'm researching bigger wheels and tires. I love my existing Rubicon wheels that I painted black, but I'd rather not run a spacer, so I'm thinking I need to buy some new wheels.

My stock Rubi wheels are 17" and I really like the look of the new Mopar Classic 5 hole wheels. However, I don't like the price tag ($250 /ea). Any recommendations of similar wheels I should consider? My backup option would probably be the Crager soft 8's or similar.

P.S> I'm probably planning to run a 33-34" tire about 12.5" wide on a Tereflex 2+" lift. 90% on road use. Goal is to gain the shoulder look, retain good road manners, and have added off-road clearance.

SoCal_HEMIHead is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #2
TOK

Are they just rebranded AEV Savegre's? Thats what they look like.
TOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
SoCal_HEMIHead
2008 JK Wrangler 

Score! That is the same wheel and AEV's are a few bucks cheaper. Thanks for the tip.
Unread 07-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
TOK

No problem, post some pics when you get it done.
Unread 07-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #5
Jiblet
2008 JK Wrangler 

seem to have different backspacing...
Jiblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #6
COStrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_HEMIHead
I've got an '08 Rubicon Unlimited and I'm researching bigger wheels and tires. I love my existing Rubicon wheels that I painted black, but I'd rather not run a spacer, so I'm thinking I need to buy some new wheels.

My stock Rubi wheels are 17" and I really like the look of the new Mopar Classic 5 hole wheels. However, I don't like the price tag ($250 /ea). Any recommendations of similar wheels I should consider? My backup option would probably be the Crager soft 8's or similar.

P.S> I'm probably planning to run a 33-34" tire about 12.5" wide on a Tereflex 2+" lift. 90% on road use. Goal is to gain the shoulder look, retain good road manners, and have added off-road clearance.
I was not a fan of wheel spacers but got them for my JKUR. They have been flawless since I got them 20,000 miles ago. Went with Spidertracs due to US product and reputable quality etc. Was looking at the same wheels you are looking at but once I saw them in person I did not like them at all compared to seeing them in a magazine. Just some more input for you to chew on. Quadratec ships free to some of the jeep forum members too if that helps ya?!
COStrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #7
SoCal_HEMIHead
2008 JK Wrangler 

So it seems for the extra few bucks per wheel, I get less backspacing and the Jeep logo. That actually seems like the better way to go.

I'm happy with my stock rubi wheels, but I'm on the fence with spacers. I've heard good things, but then I've also heard some tire shops will give you a hard time with them, etc.
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #8
Butterjeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

I was hesitant on spacers too, but I did some research and have been running them on my JK since I bought it over a year ago. I run Spidertrax. I would never encourage someone to use or not use them at this point, but they work well for me and allowed me to run oem JK wheels, which saved me some money.

FWIW, I do love those AEV wheels you are considering.
Unread 07-15-2013, 11:05 AM   #9
TOK

I didn't realize these wheels were physically different. Decent wheel spacers are around $100 a pair, might as well just get the more expensive wheels if the backspacing is correct.
Unread 07-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #10
COStrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_HEMIHead
So it seems for the extra few bucks per wheel, I get less backspacing and the Jeep logo. That actually seems like the better way to go.

I'm happy with my stock rubi wheels, but I'm on the fence with spacers. I've heard good things, but then I've also heard some tire shops will give you a hard time with them, etc.
Discount tire has been back and forth on wheel spacers. Now they will rotate tires/wheels with them.
COStrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #11
Butterjeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by COStrider View Post
Discount tire has been back and forth on wheel spacers. Now they will rotate tires/wheels with them.
I have found it also seems to vary per location. YMMV.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.