Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Mopar BBK and Factory 17" Rubicon (non-Moab) Wheels

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  AftonJeeper 
#1 ·
I just ordered the Mopar Big Brake Kit for my '13 JKU Rubicon. I am still running the factory 17" Rubicon wheels (new style not Moabs). It's documented that the factory Moab 17" wheels will interfere with the BBK calipers on the backside of the wheel and require wheel spacers. Does anyone know if the newer style factory 17" Rubicon wheels will clear the Mopar BBK? I am trying to determine if I need to buy wheel spacers before I start the install.

#2 ·
Does anyone know if the newer style factory 17" Rubicon wheels will clear the Mopar BBK? I am trying to determine if I need to buy wheel spacers before I start the install.
I don't have specific knowledge, but their co-marketing suggests that they would tell you if it doesn't fit

#3 ·
Update! Finally got around to installing the kit. It does fit the factory Rubicon wheels without any modification. It's a tight fit. There's probably less than 1/16" between the caliper and stick-on weights on the inside of the wheel... Braking performance/feel is easily twice as good as the factory brakes. I don't have to put near as much pressure on the brake pedal to stop. Activating ABS on dry pavement is easy with only moderate brake pressure. The brakes now hold the Jeep with confidence on steep grades in 4:1 low. It's a must do upgrade! You don't know how much brake you are missing until you experience great brakes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.