Mopar 4.5 factory Lift kit - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mopar 4.5 factory Lift kit

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 09-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #31
4x4jeepcrew
2004 WJ 

why not get teraflex 6" lift for under 4 grand. and then just buy your driveshafts seperately?

4x4jeepcrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2011, 04:42 AM   #32
USAFPJ69

MOPAR 4.5" Lift Kit

Well MOPAR makes a nice kit and it's covered by them for 3yr/36k but if you get a BDS LiftKit it has this warranty:

No Fine Print Warranty:

If you are the original purchaser of any BDS product and it breaks, we will give you a new part. Period.

Shock and Stabilizer Cylinders Limited Lifetime Warranty
BDS Suspension Co. warrants to the original retail purchaser that its shock and stabilizer cylinders are free from defects in material and workmanship for so long as they own the vehicle. Excluded from this warranty are the finish of the product and mounting bushings. Defects in material and workmanship do not include such things as dented cylinders or bent rods caused by obvious side impact, rust, worn or deformed bushings. A shock absorber is a wear item and over time will experience diminished damping resistance due to normal component wear. This is not a defect in material or workmanship and is therefore not warrantable.

BDS Suspension's obligation under all warranties is limited to the repair or replacement, at BDS's option, of the defective material. Any cost of removal, installation or reinstallation, freight charges, incidental or consequential damages are expressly excluded from these warranties.

If you can find a better one you let me know but this so far is the BEST on the market.

USAFPJ69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2011, 06:16 AM   #33
Washi
Rockbiter

2009 JK Wrangler 

Holy thread revival batman!
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Washi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2011, 07:01 AM   #34
2012Rubicon

this is impressive.continue.

[[OLD]] 2007 Jeep Wrangler.....2.5 TF Coil lift...TF Quick Disconnects...Bilstein 5100's...35's....Rancho Front/ Rear tire carrier...hi-lift jack..
2012Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 01:28 PM   #35
BRICKTOP2
Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr

2008 JK Wrangler 

Since this thread
Came from the dead
I figured I'd reply to what's been said
Been 3 years, since I said
I like this lift, so I'll go ahead
And tell anyone, who's read the thread
That I still like it so it can be put to bed.

(I have a 4 and a 1 year old. Any guesses on what kind of books they like me to read to them lately?)

JK Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/3...-build-545214/
TJ Tub Trailerhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f104/...tj-tub-568873/
BRICKTOP2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #36
deerassassin22
2011 JK Wrangler 

Bringing it back alive again batman, here is the price on quadratec.com

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16170_1006.htm

since i Just bought my Black OPS was thinking about getting this kit what else would it need?
deerassassin22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #37
BRICKTOP2

2008 JK Wrangler 

The Mopar kit is not available at present due to RE's restructuring. You can go with the RE kit. I think I may still have one or two in stock if you're interested. Same lift.

Unread 03-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #38
deerassassin22
2011 JK Wrangler 

I spoke with my dealer it has to have MOPAR on it and proof that its a MOPAR product for my waranty to still be okay. I will continue to research and get back with you trying to figure out what else I have to do to my RIG if I get a lift.
deerassassin22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2011, 08:57 PM   #39
BRICKTOP2

2008 JK Wrangler 

There's a little more to it than that technically, but if that's your dealer's feeling, they're the ones who will be able to make things easier on you if you have a claim so it's not a bad way to go. I can get you a deal on the Mopar kit too if you go that direction, assuming Rubicon Express gets their situation all ironed out in the next couple months. The lifts ship direct from them.

Unread 05-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #40
Higgs98XJ

2001 WJ 

Nice to see this thread come back to life. I actually work at a Jeep dealer now and these kits have been getting a huge response.

It's to my understanding that the kit is warranteed under Mopar so which dealer you go to shouldn't matter (some just may not want to admit it). The tech that installs our kits has been doing it for a while now and the service department definitely stands behind both the parts and install. We haven't had any claims come in, but I know any problems would be honored under warranty if the situation arouse.

We haven't had any hold ups on ordering kits, regardless of RE's situation. Any updates on their standing as a company?

Past: '98 XJ Sport
Higgs98XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 08:23 AM   #41
KPJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryfter View Post
^Look at it this way.... 5500 plus labor? or a voided lifetime warrenty.... I'll choose the former....
If you read the warranty information on the Mopar site you will note that the lift a) doesn't come with one and b) reads with the inference that its instalation voids the factory warranty.

So, it seems that its back to the dealer by dealer situation, with some providing a warranty and not voiding the oem warranty and some not. I gotta think the dealer that sells and instals the lift would have to honor the oem warranty and can spell out any warranty they provide for the lift itself.

FYI, you can now order a Jeep with AEV's lifts and gear intalled oem - from a dealer, through Chrysler/Jeep. I think everything but the Hemi is offered.

The Jeep ends up wth a window sticker reflecting the installed AEV options.

I haven't read up on warranty implications, but it be darn hard for a dealer to deny warranty on a vehicle acquired through the Jeep/Chrysler oem system.

JPK
KPJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 08:38 AM   #42
KPJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

I checked and the Hemi options are available through the dealerships. Wow.

Here is a link to the AEV order form available through Jeep dealers, with the packaged options codes of JK231, JK231S, JK231R. Additioanl options are also available, and the Hemi falls into that catagory, along with other dear, such as drive shafts, etc, etc,.

Link to the form: http://dnxhosting.com/files/AEV%20Je...ons%20List.pdf

I've seen photos of Jeeps at dealerships with the additional AEV window stickers, I'll try to find one later.

JPK
KPJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #43
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Whatever it is you think might break because of the lift, you can buy 3 of for the extra cost of the lift. That is why it works for the dealer. They are just taking your money upfront. And the aftermarket part will be better.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #44
LTGreek
2013 JK Wrangler 

http://www.mopar.com/shop/lift-kits/...-and-warranty/

According to this, I would just replace my entire suspension with rock krawler, bds, and anything else with an amazing warranty so you don't have to worry about it. Also, if they try to void anything else because of your lift kit, by law they have to prove that the lift kit made that part break down.
LTGreek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #45
JKommuter
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washi View Post
Holy thread revival batman!
Now it's a double revival. Two 2 year revivals in a single thread!
JKommuter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.