Mopar 4.5 factory Lift kit - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mopar 4.5 factory Lift kit

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 05-12-2008, 08:13 AM   #16
G16
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryfter View Post
^Look at it this way.... 5500 plus labor? or a voided lifetime warrenty.... I'll choose the former....

Thats assuming the warranty remains valid after the installation of the lift. If I was 100% certain of that I might consider it. Otherwise I think I agree with Brent_f70

G16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2008, 08:27 AM   #17
G16
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent_f70 View Post
THATS INSANE
Brent_f70

I'm assuming yours is a great combination of gear and tire off road, but how do you like the 35 inch tires and 5:13 gear combination on the highway? Do you feel it's over geared? How was your gas milage affected? How does it perform driving up a hill like Eisenhower tunnel? Do you feel it's a good everyday driving vehicle still? Thanks.
Unread 05-12-2008, 08:38 AM   #18
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryfter View Post
^Look at it this way.... 5500 plus labor? or a voided lifetime warrenty.... I'll choose the former....
Installation of a lift does not void your warranty.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2008, 11:00 AM   #19
BRICKTOP2
Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr

2008 JK Wrangler 

the lift

Retail on the lift is about $5300. It does include driveshafts, shocks, and everything else you need.
After I had the guys in the shop install it I took it over to 4 Wheel Parts to get their opinion. They said it was a very clean install and a great lift. That said, it really is the same as the RE kit as far as I can tell.
The ride and drive is amazing. Freeway driving is unbelievable and with the 6 speed manual transmission I don't feel the need to regear. I only use 6th when I'm going down a slight grade, but 5th will do anything I need it to do anyways.
No ESP light going off, drives perfectly straight....I LOVE this lift.

JK Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/3...-build-545214/
TJ Tub Trailerhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f104/...tj-tub-568873/
BRICKTOP2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2008, 03:08 PM   #20
G16
2007 JK Wrangler 

So I've been doing some digging. Yes it seems the Mopar 4.5 inch kit is identical to the Rubicon Express kit at $3300. Except... you don't get the replacement drive shafts or shocks with the Rubicon Express kit. You have to buy them separate, at least according to what I see on the RE website.

Start adding the costs for those two sets of parts in addition to what ever else is missing in the RE kit and your rapidly approaching the same costs as the Dealer price for the same kit, but complete.
Unread 05-12-2008, 03:11 PM   #21
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

Both DS are under $1k so you are still more than $1k over the RE price.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2008, 03:26 PM   #22
wrnglrguy
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Both DS are under $1k so you are still more than $1k over the RE price.
Yep. Driveshafts from RE run about $350 a piece. That would make the total package $4000 if you bought it straight from RE. $1300-$1500 less than getting it from Mopar, which could go to the install, or other mods.
wrnglrguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2008, 04:43 PM   #23
G16
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrnglrguy View Post
Yep. Driveshafts from RE run about $350 a piece. That would make the total package $4000 if you bought it straight from RE. $1300-$1500 less than getting it from Mopar, which could go to the install, or other mods.

That still leaves the cost of the shocks depending on what you choose. I'll have to look at the prices for RE shocks.

Thanks for all the input guys.
Unread 05-12-2008, 05:00 PM   #24
wrnglrguy
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
That still leaves the cost of the shocks depending on what you choose. I'll have to look at the prices for RE shocks.
True, but even then, a set of 4 should be less than $400.

Keep us posted.
wrnglrguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2008, 05:55 PM   #25
BRICKTOP2
Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr

2008 JK Wrangler 

nice dealer?

maybe you can find a local dealer who is a good guy. my guess is that they might be making a couple bucks at the $5300. maybe they'll cut you a bit of a break to get the pricing a little closer?

JK Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/3...-build-545214/
TJ Tub Trailerhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f104/...tj-tub-568873/
BRICKTOP2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2008, 06:34 PM   #26
DiscoBayJoe
Beer is Food!

2008 JK Wrangler 

Mopar Part Number

Bricktop: Did you use the Mopar part number P51557075 ?

My local dealer can't find the kit in their system.
Unread 05-14-2008, 10:32 AM   #27
redrock4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by G16 View Post

Thanks for all the input guys.
FYI we offer the RE Long Arm Kits packaged with drive shafts and/or shocks here:

http://www.redrock4x4.com/shop/categ...5_570_573.html

Total price for the RE kit w/ drive shafts and shocks with the discounts we're running is $3819.90 shipped.

My understanding is that the Mopar and RE kits are the same except for the rear track bar bracket. Mopar's bracket ties into more places for additional strength, which RE didn't feel was necessary on their production kit.

Both kits should drive and perform identical.
redrock4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #28
DiscoBayJoe
Beer is Food!

2008 JK Wrangler 

I have confirmed the part number is P5155075 (4.5 inch lift kit with Shocks & Drivelines)

My Local Dealer quoted me $5340.00
I've found it online for $4650.00 http://www.jeepconnection.com/parts/index.html

A quick google search shows a few dealers in the $4700 range on promo. So $900 more + Shipping and/or Tax than the RedRock RE deal.

While my dealer indicated the lift would not void or be covered by the Lifetime Drivetrain, additional changes (gears/tires) could present an issue. Factory Tires w/4.5" lift would be silly. Based on this issue, it significantly reduces the value of the $1000 in extra expense to go Mopar.

Hmmmmm......
Unread 05-27-2008, 10:14 PM   #29
planman
Thanks to all Mod erators

2007 JK Wrangler 

The kit is from Mopar Performance, not the regular Mopar. This is why most dealers will question its existence when you tell them it is a Mopar kit--it is not.

The proper installation of a Mopar Performance kit vs. a Rubicon Express kit will have the exact same affects on your factory warranty.

The actual Mopar Performance kit is not warrantied by Chrysler. It would be warrantied by Mopar Performance--the same way that the Rubicon Express kit is warrantied by Rubicon Express.

The installer should warranty correct installation--be it a dealer or offroad shop.

Failure of factory parts directly caused by the installation of the kit--either the Mopar Performance or the Rubicon Express kits--will not be covered by your Chrysler factory warranty.

If you read your warranty manual that came with your jeep, it clearly states that the installation of performance and aftermarket parts does not by itself void the factory warranty. However, failure of factory parts directly caused by the performance and aftermarket parts will not be covered under the factory warranty.

When dealers do submit work for warranty claim reimbursement on a modified jeep, they usually have to document (including digital photos) the failure, the modifications, and the reasoning why the modifications did not directly cause or contribute to the failure. Even then, Chrysler may try to deny reimbursement. Many dealers don't want to take the extra time and hassle to try to fight with Chrysler for warranty claims on modified vehicles. So, they tell incorrectly their customers that any modification voids the warranty.
planman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2009, 08:39 AM   #30
GraysonJeep

REALLY OLD thread being dug up, but you can now buy the 4.5 MOPAR lift for about $3000 (we have 3 kits) with driveshafts. MSRP is $5475

Last edited by GraysonJeep; 10-17-2009 at 07:48 AM..
GraysonJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.