Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread

87K views 455 replies 58 participants last post by  sadass 
#1 ·
Hello to all in the JK section.. I rarely am over here but when I was, the drooling never stopped. So I suppose I can give a small background on my jeep history!

Ive owned a ZJ, and a WJ. Loved them both and they impressed me beyond my expectations. I favored the WJ, mainly for comfort and space while having the v8. Also heated seats and a sunroof while wheeling was nice too ;)

Anyways, I sold the jeep to my parents for a down payment on my Kia, decided that I didnt like it enough to make payments on it for 5 years so I traded it in today for a preowned 2008 JK 4 door sahara with 18k miles on it. Very, VERY satisfied with the quality of the rig, sound system is awesome and everything is perfect from a wrangler.. definitely not what I expected. Overall, very happy so far! Heres a picture at the dealer today as I was signing papers. Very clean, and yes I like my rigs in good shape so expect offroading but then a clean rig after haha

More than likely will be a slow build, but I will be getting new wheels and tinting my windows here pretty soon around tax return season.

Other than that, nice to meet y'all! :2thumbsup:

See less See more
#308 ·
Oh ok, how do you like the JKS ones? Are they pretty easy to use?

I hated those brackets and didn't install them with my 2.5" lift. I moved the rear links up front and installed longer links on the rear.
Yeah I was never a fan either myself. I ended up being lazy about it and got other stuff instead. Now it seems I must fix that problem haha. IIRC I got new links for the rear in the lift kit, and they gave me brackets. Which means I have links laying around somewhere..

#307 ·
MoonyJohn said:
Some pictures because I know you all like pictures. Turns out I need new sway bar links, the AEV brackets dont fit with the c gussets. Time for an early christmas present for the jeep! http://s297.photobucket.com/user/MoonyJohn/media/null_zps23346ff3.jpg.html http://s297.photobucket.com/user/MoonyJohn/media/null_zps50cd0607.jpg.html http://s297.photobucket.com/user/MoonyJohn/media/null_zps9d66e940.jpg.html
I hated those brackets and didn't install them with my 2.5" lift. I moved the rear links up front and installed longer links on the rear.

#318 ·
Thought Id get a better picture of the bumper and lights on. I accidentally switched the bracket the wrong way on one side, so one is lower than the other. It is now fixed, I was wondering "why is that one lower"

Im trying out image shack cause photobucket is dumb and redid everything now I cant upload :(

#322 ·
Thankyou! No not really, It wasnt my taste after a little while. Not durable steel, wasnt holding a winch or lights, just didnt fit me. I wanted the ARB earlier before I got the 10a, so this worked out great.

Yeah I had to go 17s because I'm upgrading the brakes. Tires are a lot more expensive though haha
Yeah, but 17s are the size of those atx slabs ;)

Supposed to snow this friday on ground level, im just a little bit excited.. Girlfriend thinks that my headlights look funny with my ridgids on, "I think you need those blue headlights to match your new lights, maybe Ill get you some for chirstmas"

If shes a jeeper, shes a keeper :thumbsup:

#323 ·
Picked up some rigid spot duallys. Freaking love them! The spot is really nice for long distance. I mounted them with some smittybilt windshield mounts. Turned out good!

It was dark at the RC track, so I lit it up!

Will get some better pictures later with the Nikon instead of the crap iphone

#327 ·
I like how its a combo of flood and spot. Looks like a new product?

Took some quality pictures with the Nikon. I hate using my iphone for pictures, but thats what being lazy gets you. Im using a 50mm 1.8 all manual lens on my Nikon D90. Love the combo!

#336 ·
I know right? Got pretty lucky on this one. Another guy actually wanted to trade the same winch, and an optima yellow top battery for the rc. But his **** was way more beat up than this guys haha. Cant wait to test it out! Going up wheeling this saturday :)

#341 ·
Received my Warn Cast Iron Hawse Fairlead for my steel cable line. Sucker is heavy! Well made product.

Also used my christmas present today working on the air filter and throttle body cleaning. Its an LED light and can rotate 360 degrees and pivot. Makes for a good hood light!

Before:

After:

#343 ·
Maybe a little bit. It didnt really idle rough or anything, but im sure others with more miles would notice it alot. I also changed my air filter for the first time with a K&N reusable filter. The old one was like a shop vac filter, very dusty. Im sure that there is a little bit better gains, but nothing by what I can feel. I just feel better knowing that it is cleaned up alot!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.