Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 02-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #76
platinum5.9
2003 WJ 

Moony Jeeps looking real nice. Let me know how you like the tires off road. I am looking to put them on my Wj.

03 Grand Cherokee Limited-White/Agate-4.7HO/QD-OME HD springs-1" spacers-MX6 shocks-OME SS-IRO rear links-255/75/17 BFG muds-JK Moabs-Muffler Delete-Magnaflow Cats x3-V3 Projectors 35w 5000k HID and High/Low harness w/relays-IRO Premium Sliders-SOLID D30 Cover-Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs/3/4" black shackles http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...1/#post9902192
--Enchanted Mountain Off-road Crew--Olean NY
enchantedmountainoffroad@gmail.com
platinum5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #77
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Got the lift installed, pictures later after work

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #78
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
IS WORK OVER YET!!

Sent from my socks.
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #79
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Some nice pics you got there! Which lift are you installing?

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #80
TheBoss
malt, hops, yeast, water

2012 JK Wrangler 

Pi ct ur es pl ea se .

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #81
awinski
i like turtles

2012 JK Wrangler 

we are waiting! lol
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #82
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
Some nice pics you got there! Which lift are you installing?
Thanks man, im installed the AEV 2.5 dualsport w/ bilsteins. Very very pleased with the lift quality, was pretty easy to put in too. I started at 430 yesterday and got done at around midnight with my brothers help at around 8am.

Heres some ok pictures, ill get some better ones later.

I feel I got a bit more than 2.5", which is great

Unread 02-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #83
TheBoss
malt, hops, yeast, water

2012 JK Wrangler 

It's starting to look like a Jeep now!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 06:33 AM   #84
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I feel I got a bit more than 2.5", which is great
Good work! I think your killing the grass...

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #85
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
Good work! I think your killing the grass...
My bad, totally my fault

Better pictures of the AEV 2.5 Dual Sport kit, comes with pretty much everything you need. I ordered a front track bar thats coming in the mail, but it really does drive like it doesnt need it. Overall, the quality of the lift is amazing and for the price at this height, I dont see why you would look past this lift. Rides better than stock, going over bumps you can hardly tell. Going to go flex it here to check the bumpstops with my flares so hopefully I dont rub with the sway bar off. Heres some better pictures for you guys

Shinyy

Unread 02-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #86
awinski
i like turtles

2012 JK Wrangler 

she looks damn good! really love that color
Unread 02-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #87
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Looks good. Perfect amount of lift for those tires.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #88
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
she looks damn good! really love that color
Thanks dood! The color grows on me more and more, looks good with black accents too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
Looks good. Perfect amount of lift for those tires.
It actually is perfect. My rear tire has less than a fingers width before it hits the flares. Have yet to test the front but im sure it would be ok. I need to disco the front sway bar before i go wheeling this sunday!

Looking at the synergy front bumper with the KOH race hoop. I havent seen anyone run one, and the only pictures I find is the 2 pictures they have with their own rig. I think the hoop looks super badass

http://www.offroadpowerproducts.com/...FQxxQgodWDMAaA

Unread 02-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #89
platinum5.9
2003 WJ 

Moony take a look at this bumper....big fan! http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ductid=FBB8200
03 Grand Cherokee Limited-White/Agate-4.7HO/QD-OME HD springs-1" spacers-MX6 shocks-OME SS-IRO rear links-255/75/17 BFG muds-JK Moabs-Muffler Delete-Magnaflow Cats x3-V3 Projectors 35w 5000k HID and High/Low harness w/relays-IRO Premium Sliders-SOLID D30 Cover-Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs/3/4" black shackles http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...1/#post9902192
--Enchanted Mountain Off-road Crew--Olean NY
enchantedmountainoffroad@gmail.com
platinum5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #90
awinski
i like turtles

2012 JK Wrangler 

both of those look sick, but not as sick as this, too bad the shop takes forever to make them!
sickest-stinger.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.