Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo

Unread 02-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #61
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
I see you reconsidered your options JK
You'll like the ride of the AEV. It flexes prety good disco'd as well. Did you end up getting the control arm drop brackets. They hang down a bit ,but I feel the difference in handling with mine. Glad to see your build coming along and your getting her dirty.
I did haha, spent a little more coin to get a good start up kit that I can add too eventually. I wanted the bilsteins, didnt feel brave enough to wait for the backordered shocks to turn out they are junk. Everything is in order for the AEV so hopefully will have it soon!

And ofcourse I had to take it stock wheeling just to see how it handled. Did ok with street tires, but definitely could use some extra traction lol

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #62
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Took another wheeling adventure, and this time was more of a challenge. Didnt get many action pictures cause most of them are blurry, but we got plenty video of snow which we got stuck in for a while. Heres some pictures to hold you off until I get a few videos up. Went up with my brother "Badmoony"

Then we found snow, wet snow

Videos soon

Unread 02-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #63
blackwhiteriot
2007 JK Wrangler 

Damn dude. Would of loved to go. What trail has the tree?
blackwhiteriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #64
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

My brother

Pulling my brother out

Unread 02-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #65
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhiteriot View Post
Damn dude. Would of loved to go. What trail has the tree?
It was crazy up there, lots of snow. That trail is cedar tree, its 3 times longer than powerline. Shoots you around firebreaker 5 area, we got really familiar with the roads now so it should be easier now

Unread 02-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #66
blackwhiteriot
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn

It was crazy up there, lots of snow. That trail is cedar tree, its 3 times longer than powerline. Shoots you around firebreaker 5 area, we got really familiar with the roads now so it should be easier now
When's the next time you're going? I want in for sure.
blackwhiteriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #67
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhiteriot View Post
When's the next time you're going? I want in for sure.
Probably when I get the lift and tires on. Kurts girlfriend came and she loved it, more people the better!

Unread 02-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #68
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Got better versions of the videos, photobucket is terrible at uploading videos

Unread 02-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #69
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Got a couple things for the jeep these past few days. Picked up my new wheels and tires, 35/12.5R15 KM2's with Level 8 trackers. Changed the stance completely (in a great way ofcourse), also picked up a bushwacker hood scoop. Also trimmed the bumper, will definitely be keeping the stock bumper and getting a winch plate and making my own hoop with light mounts. Functionality over looks at this point. No sense in buying a $600+ bumper for supporting a winch.

Pictures for everyone!

Lift couldnt take any longer to get here

Unread 02-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #70
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

It's sad you can fit 35s stock

Sent from my iPhone5 using JeepForum

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #71
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

It's only sad for everyone but us. I'm still trying to figure out what I want for my jeep. So much aftermarket support that it gives me a headache.

I'm only lifting it to 2.5" so that's not too bad

Unread 02-20-2013, 06:41 AM   #72
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Those tires look good , that should help you out alot. Notice any power loss?

Keep an eye on that pinch seam ,you may need to trim it.
dsc_0091_zps6d345283.jpg

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 06:51 AM   #73
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Great wheeling videos man! Pretty sweet that you are able to wheel with your brother and the WJ stays in the family! Sub'd
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #74
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
Those tires look good , that should help you out alot. Notice any power loss?

Keep an eye on that pinch seam ,you may need to trim it.
Thanks man, it sits more stout for sure! I noticed my mileage, and on the freeway it goes in overdrive alot but city driving it's really not that bad. I've noticed it rides more rough though. The jeep overall iis just rougher, i dont mind though

I'll definitely lookout for that pinch seam. Nothing a dotco can't take care of!

Unread 02-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #75
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Great wheeling videos man! Pretty sweet that you are able to wheel with your brother and the WJ stays in the family! Sub'd
Thanks! It's really nice to see it wheeling right behind me, plus it's good to see my brother wheeling in general so overall it's a good time

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.