Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperCyber Sale on RUBICON EXPRESS - Short Arms, Long Arms, Tra

Unread 02-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #46
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhiteriot View Post
I have the rc 3.25 lift and have been completely happy with it. I've had it for almost three years 0 issues. I clear 35's easy. I bet I could clear 37's if I trimmed a little.
So are your axles aligned pretty good then? Also I was going for the 3.5 since you have a 2dr so mine might settle more. How are the shocks that come with it?

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #47
blackwhiteriot
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn

So are your axles aligned pretty good then? Also I was going for the 3.5 since you have a 2dr so mine might settle more. How are the shocks that come with it?
My axles are good. The shocks are alright. Not great or terrible.
blackwhiteriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #48
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
My axles are good. The shocks are alright. Not great or terrible.
Ok, ill try them out. Bilsteins or other options are always available!

Got my sliders mounted up, took maybe 3 total hours. Longest part was bolting the pinch seam up, and being smittybilt the holes didnt line up perfect but we got them in! Beefy and look sleek, just wish they stuck out more.

Unread 02-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #49
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Took the jeep for its first wheeling trip, and probably the first time its ever seen mud. It did pretty well for being stock, mainly the tires were holding it back and ofcourse the low belly, but other than that it maneuvered well! I found out that the sliders are a rare occasion, I think I only hit them maybe once. I bottomed out multiple times which werent really a big deal, but the lift will be nice right about now. Took some pictures, and most dont do justice but some things were pretty sticky. I went with my brothers WJ (Badmoony), and a buddy with a lifted jk on 35s (blackwhiteriot).

Bottomed out here, in the second picture

Heres my brothers WJ

And Chads JK

Unread 02-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #50
shooKyaa
1999 TJ Wrangler 

That is some beautiful scenery! Jeep looks good as well, I love that color! Can't wait to see you shape it!
shooKyaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #51
cobra_4
2010 JK Wrangler 

Great pics! Love the shot of all three wheels.
Unread 02-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #52
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra_4 View Post
Great pics! Love the shot of all three wheels.
Thanks guys! It was alot of fun and it was nice to get back on the trails after over a year.

Ordered my wheels and tires, went with 35" km2's with the 15" level 8 trackers. Only ordered 4 for now until I decide to get a matching spare (just to save some money). Also deciding on the AEV 2.5" coil lift with bilsteins. Looks like a good quality lift and it includes bilsteins. So look forward to some changes here soon!

Unread 02-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #53
blackwhiteriot
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks guys! It was alot of fun and it was nice to get back on the trails after over a year.

Ordered my wheels and tires, went with 35" km2's with the 15" level 8 trackers. Only ordered 4 for now until I decide to get a matching spare (just to save some money). Also deciding on the AEV 2.5" coil lift with bilsteins. Looks like a good quality lift and it includes bilsteins. So look forward to some changes here soon!
Hurry up and get it on! I wanna go to browns!
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #54
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Hurry up and get it on! I wanna go to browns!
The waiting for parts begins. I ordered the 3.5 rubicon express lift. Want tohhelpme trim my ffenders Chad so I can run the 35's, right away?

Unread 02-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #55
blackwhiteriot
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

The waiting for parts begins. I ordered the 3.5 rubicon express lift. Want tohhelpme trim my ffenders Chad so I can run the 35's, right away?
When are you trying to cut them?
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #56
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
When are you trying to cut them?
Maybe this weekend, depends if my wheels come in soon

Unread 02-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #57
blackwhiteriot
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Maybe this weekend, depends if my wheels come in soon
Idk if I can this weekend. I'm pretty busy. Maybe next weekend I could.
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:46 PM   #58
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Ordered originally a RE 3.5 lift kit and it was all backordered, so i started rethinking a different route. I went with the AEV 2.5" Dualsport XT Lift with a Rock Krawler front adj. track bar since the kit didnt include one and I knew the inch difference in the way the axle sat would bother me.

Next on the list will be my wheels and tires, ill let you see them when I get them here soon. Will be rolling a stocker with 35s here shortly lol

Way stoked, will be a killer setup with bushwackers some day. Ill get the AEV module here sometime too for recalculating the speedo

Unread 02-14-2013, 10:34 PM   #59
blackwhiteriot
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Ordered originally a RE 3.5 lift kit and it was all backordered, so i started rethinking a different route. I went with the AEV 2.5" Dualsport XT Lift with a Rock Krawler front adj. track bar since the kit didnt include one and I knew the inch difference in the way the axle sat would bother me.

Next on the list will be my wheels and tires, ill let you see them when I get them here soon. Will be rolling a stocker with 35s here shortly lol

Way stoked, will be a killer setup with bushwackers some day. Ill get the AEV module here sometime too for recalculating the speedo
Should of tried RC.
Unread 02-15-2013, 07:05 AM   #60
TheBoss
malt, hops, yeast, water

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post

I see you reconsidered your options JK
You'll like the ride of the AEV. It flexes prety good disco'd as well. Did you end up getting the control arm drop brackets. They hang down a bit ,but I feel the difference in handling with mine. Glad to see your build coming along and your getting her dirty.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.