Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread - Page 29 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-25-2014, 09:00 AM   #421
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum5.9 View Post
Looks good!! Why did you ditch the be flares?
Going to change it up, want something thats gonna be stronger and i can paint to match. Everyone runs bushwackers, so I sold them and then took the flares he was running to use in the meantime. I cant decide on which flare, I like the looks of the MCE flares and they are fully flexible and paintable + affordable

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2014, 12:28 PM   #422
Flexin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Just read this whole thread. Nice JK. Damn you can find some deals.

It is driving me nuts reading this. I have been looking for an 08 Rubicon Unlimited for about 5 weeks now. Almost had one but couldn't agree on a price before they upset my wife so I moved on. They are hard to find.

James
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #423
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Front driveshaft finally went, was getting a chirping sound when driving and I couldnt tell where it was coming from.. so I went under and just started looking at things. Found the front driveshaft near the TC left a spin mark of gunky grease. So I could only assume that the sound is from the bad joint. Might as well upgrade now!

Whats the cheapest/best aftermarket shafts? Thinking tom woods.. or having a shop around me build one

Unread 06-10-2014, 10:33 PM   #424
PhatBasturd
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Front driveshaft finally went... Whats the cheapest/best aftermarket shafts? Thinking tom woods.. or having a shop around me build one
Same thing just happened to me after almost 3 years no problems on 3.5" lift. I went with an Adams 1310 and new yokes - haven't installed yet...
PhatBasturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2014, 11:25 PM   #425
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatBasturd View Post
Same thing just happened to me after almost 3 years no problems on 3.5" lift. I went with an Adams 1310 and new yokes - haven't installed yet...
Yeah its weird, my buddy has had his stock on his 2 door for 4 years on 4 inches and still has his lol. Did yours make any sounds?

Unread 06-11-2014, 10:47 AM   #426
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

just go 1310 from tom woods!
Unread 06-11-2014, 01:18 PM   #427
PhatBasturd
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Did yours make any sounds?
Not yet and mine has not thrown as much grease as yours. I think my case is just the beginning of bigger things to come. I'll be changing it out by the end of the month.
PhatBasturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2014, 07:24 PM   #428
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatBasturd View Post
Not yet and mine has not thrown as much grease as yours. I think my case is just the beginning of bigger things to come. I'll be changing it out by the end of the month.
I see.. Well I think the noise im getting is not driveline related. Its like, right where the evap is, its a really strange spot. The sound could be bouncing off something making it seem like its right there, but I only get it when im driving really slow and im not accelerating like when im coming to a stop or something. Its loud too, like its a loose fan belt sound. I hate it, trying to figure it out lol

Unread 06-15-2014, 06:43 PM   #429
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Ended up finding that terrible sound, my welds broke on the exhaust hanger

Girlfriend for our 1 year anniversary got me a VDP overhead console. She secretly snagged one of my quadratec catalogs and found something for the jeep! Sneaky one she is.. Im surprised more people dont have these! They dont lock which is the only downside, but I might find a way to make them lock. Otherwise, really happy with it! Also added some LED markers.

Unread 06-30-2014, 07:27 PM   #430
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Got my new switches in, no more random unlabeled colors. OCD perhaps?

Unread 06-30-2014, 08:10 PM   #431
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Looking good, where did you get them?
Unread 06-30-2014, 09:39 PM   #432
Flexin
2012 JK Wrangler 

That looks good.

James
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2014, 11:44 PM   #433
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks guys, I got them at a shop on ebay. Guy from australia sells them, I just like how they matched the ARB compressor. The blue is more blue but, now im being picky

Unread 07-02-2014, 07:46 AM   #434
tonkatrucksryan

2014 JK Wrangler 

How hard was it to install the led marker lites?? and where did you get them?? Thanks

26 Years USAF Retired 1MAY14

Past Jeeps:
04 TJ Rub,05 TJ, 75CJ5, 88YJ
tonkatrucksryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #435
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkatrucksryan View Post
How hard was it to install the led marker lites?? and where did you get them?? Thanks
Super easy, drill 3/4" hole anywhere and cut off the existing side marker harness and splice the wires. Test them to see if they match white-white black-black. I had to switch mine white w/ black.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.