Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-03-2014, 08:11 PM   #361
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Looking good john. I start looking for my jk next week. Hopefully I'll have one by the end of the month. How you like the arb bumper?

RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 04:12 PM   #362
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZJ View Post
Looking good john. I start looking for my jk next week. Hopefully I'll have one by the end of the month. How you like the arb bumper?
Thanks man, joining the jk side? Haha

I like it alot! Very nice design, its simple, stout, compact and it looks good. Has lots of options for mounting lights. Overall very happy with it.
Unread 02-04-2014, 05:10 PM   #363
STORM_JK
2013 JK Wrangler 

So what's next on the to do list?
Unread 02-04-2014, 05:35 PM   #364
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORM_JK View Post
So what's next on the to do list?
Right now my buddy is hooking me up with some "dynamat" and were gonna do the whole floor with it, other than that I'm deciding whether I wanna get the EVO d rings for the back, or get a new bumper. JCR is just now coming out with some sexy looking products that I might have to bite into. Also might trade the HID's for some trucklites. Well see!
Unread 02-04-2014, 06:29 PM   #365
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Right now my buddy is hooking me up with some "dynamat" and were gonna do the whole floor with it, other than that I'm deciding whether I wanna get the EVO d rings for the back, or get a new bumper. JCR is just now coming out with some sexy looking products that I might have to bite into. Also might trade the HID's for some trucklites. Well see!
evo d rings are nice, i think ill be welding mine in though when i make my own rear bumper/cross member soon
Unread 02-04-2014, 06:40 PM   #366
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
evo d rings are nice, i think ill be welding mine in though when i make my own rear bumper/cross member soon
Home come? Couldnt you just make your own and weld them in for cheaper than buying some? Or is that what your doing haha
Unread 02-04-2014, 07:54 PM   #367
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Home come? Couldnt you just make your own and weld them in for cheaper than buying some? Or is that what your doing haha
well they're only 100$ and by the time i go two 1" thick pieces of steel and cut them, it wouldn't be worth it, plus i already have them. i could sell them but i probly would only get like 50 bucks. so not really worth it
Unread 02-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #368
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
well they're only 100$ and by the time i go two 1" thick pieces of steel and cut them, it wouldn't be worth it, plus i already have them. i could sell them but i probly would only get like 50 bucks. so not really worth it
Oh you already have them.. how do you like them? Alot of people complain about how they dont sit flush with the frame rail. Why doesnt evo just remount the hole more towards the rear to push it out more? Seems like they could have solved alot of peoples problems, without having to cut into the weld that holds the crossmember..
Unread 02-04-2014, 11:54 PM   #369
zerocool1

awesome build
Unread 02-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #370
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocool1 View Post
awesome build
Thanks!

Small update, the NW got some "unexpected" snow this weekend. Jeep performed great! Aired the tires down to 15psi and it chugged along anywhere I wanted to go. I had to shuttle my girlfriend to work two days in a row, and my friends mom to the airport! I dont mind being a taxi haha.

Only frustration was my 2 month old bosch icon wipers.. top of the line right? Worst wipers ive ever owned. The streaked within the first month, and dont have any sort of pressure on the outsides/middle. Therefor, I couldnt see anything! I managed to get to autozone and they recommended some insights. Never heard of them, but he put them on for me before I bought them and they were the best wipers ive ever seen. We fit 16" blades too instead of 15" if anyone wonders.

Exciting build when you talk about wipers.. but whats the point of winter driving if you cant see ****?

Pictures to come.
Unread 02-10-2014, 06:10 AM   #371
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks!

Small update, the NW got some "unexpected" snow this weekend. Jeep performed great! Aired the tires down to 15psi and it chugged along anywhere I wanted to go. I had to shuttle my girlfriend to work two days in a row, and my friends mom to the airport! I dont mind being a taxi haha.

Only frustration was my 2 month old bosch icon wipers.. top of the line right? Worst wipers ive ever owned. The streaked within the first month, and dont have any sort of pressure on the outsides/middle. Therefor, I couldnt see anything! I managed to get to autozone and they recommended some insights. Never heard of them, but he put them on for me before I bought them and they were the best wipers ive ever seen. We fit 16" blades too instead of 15" if anyone wonders.

Exciting build when you talk about wipers.. but whats the point of winter driving if you cant see ****?

Pictures to come.
Wipers are my best mod to date! Mine are good so far, maybe it needs a month or two.
Unread 02-10-2014, 05:07 PM   #372
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
Wipers are my best mod to date! Mine are good so far, maybe it needs a month or two.
I noticed you added some, maybe I just got a bad set. I also drive alot of back roads and mountain roads so maybe the rock they lay down has something to do with it. I did like them though at first, but progressively got worse?

Heres a couple pictures. This was when the snow started, its now a melting mess around here. Also got my first rock chip in the windshield. Its right where I cant really see it, but it will definitely crack over time im thinking. Its on my side too lol.

Unread 02-10-2014, 06:32 PM   #373
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Why did you air down to drive on road? I've driven in a lot of snow with my JK and never did that. Just curious I guess.

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2014, 07:05 PM   #374
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler View Post
Why did you air down to drive on road? I've driven in a lot of snow with my JK and never did that. Just curious I guess.
Well compared to my WJ, this handled like a turd. I dont like the 4wd at all, its jerky and the traction control can go to you know where for all i care. My grand had the 247 2wd-4wd TC and I never slipped once in that thing. I had such great control in that jeep, and this one is complete opposite. It didnt do great with it aired to 28, so i dropped it to 15. It helped a ton, but it still aint no WJ

The road was covered in 6-8" of snow
Unread 02-10-2014, 07:06 PM   #375
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

first pics looks great, yea i wondered that about evo, i think they make great strong products but seem to do some dumb stuff. oh well ill probably just be drilling my own holes when the time comes to make my own rear bumper anyways.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.