Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread - Page 24 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-07-2014, 07:38 AM   #346
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

I noticed a drop in RPMS when I cleaned my TB. I think Winsky means to be sure that you let it dry after you service the filter.

Unread 01-07-2014, 08:24 AM   #347
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
On right? Did I forget something?
oh no i'm just making sure, a lot of people don't use those filters correctly, and there fore their engine suffers in the long run
Unread 01-07-2014, 09:01 AM   #348
Kyle08JK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Before:

After:

Looks familiar.

Did you reuse the stock rubber(ish?) white gasket? I've heard of some buying a new seal and others reusing the old.
Kyle08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2014, 12:18 PM   #349
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle08JK View Post
Looks familiar.

Did you reuse the stock rubber(ish?) white gasket? I've heard of some buying a new seal and others reusing the old.
Don't need it, if you don't badger it up when removing.
Unread 01-13-2014, 07:01 PM   #350
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Took the jeep for alot of driving this weekend! Had an awesome mountain trip on saturday, its been pretty dry up here lately in the PNW for snow. It ended up snowing close to 24 inches of snow this weekend, so it was a good time to go up. First time taking a crew up with me, held 4 people quite comfortably and the KM2's did pretty well. I did take it easy though, and getting out of control was definitely a high probability. The gears were really nice climbing the hill getting up there. OD off was really handy!

Sunday we went wheeling with my girlfriend and my buddy blackwhiteriot. Hes got a sweet 2 door! Found a few trails, and a big mud pit at the end. Worth it, thats all I have to say lol

Heres some mountain pictures

Her posing shot

Running the trail called Cedar Tree

And then we found mud!

Gotta love the logging roads sometimes

Unread 01-16-2014, 09:47 PM   #351
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Just ordered my dash light LED stuff. Going to take the boring white dash lights out and putting red ones in. Going to follow the wrietup here.. Also my buddy Chad, blackwhiteriot is going to do it as well.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/d...hange-1287564/
Unread 01-17-2014, 12:02 AM   #352
GODMODEX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hey man, just thought I'd ask, how are the 3.73's and the 35's? I know you regeared but I'm looking into getting a 2dr JK, and putting it on 35's. Of course I will regear later, but how were the 3.73's and 35's? what sort of mpg do you get? do you leave overdrive on or off?
Unread 01-20-2014, 07:31 PM   #353
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODMODEX View Post
Hey man, just thought I'd ask, how are the 3.73's and the 35's? I know you regeared but I'm looking into getting a 2dr JK, and putting it on 35's. Of course I will regear later, but how were the 3.73's and 35's? what sort of mpg do you get? do you leave overdrive on or off?
They werent that bad. Around town it was more normal, but highway I just usually kept it on od off all the time. Sometimes id get away with od on but mostly just ran without it. Also wheeling with the new gears its not as spacy on the speed. I can actually maintain a speed easier, instead of jerking the throttle all the time. Its just better to regear haha
Unread 01-20-2014, 10:53 PM   #354
GODMODEX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah for sure, I plan on some 5.13's, and I actually just helped my friend rebuild his diff on his dodge, didn't change the shims but did bearings etc and it was super easy, so I might just regear myself. Saves me $700 towards other mods
Unread 01-21-2014, 05:24 PM   #355
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODMODEX View Post
Yeah for sure, I plan on some 5.13's, and I actually just helped my friend rebuild his diff on his dodge, didn't change the shims but did bearings etc and it was super easy, so I might just regear myself. Saves me $700 towards other mods
Nice! I didnt want to mess with that kind of stuff. Dont have the proper tools and its cold outside. Dont like the cold
Unread 01-26-2014, 11:56 PM   #356
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Upgraded the headlights this weekend. Found a place that sells HID kits for a pretty good price and warranty so I wanted to try them out. I wanted to save up for the truck lites, but my buddy has been running his hids for almost 3 years now and has no complaints. I think that its night and day difference! I got the 55w version in 6000k. Its an ice white color, I didnt want the ricer blue. The match my rigids too! I know alot of people frown upon these, but I have them aimed down alot and ive driven a car infront of my jeep with someone else driving and they are just like any other hid factory cars ive seen. There is actually a little bit of a cut off too, which helps the glare a ton!

Unread 01-27-2014, 05:40 AM   #357
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Upgraded the headlights this weekend. Found a place that sells HID kits for a pretty good price and warranty so I wanted to try them out. I wanted to save up for the truck lites, but my buddy has been running his hids for almost 3 years now and has no complaints. I think that its night and day difference! I got the 55w version in 6000k. Its an ice white color, I didnt want the ricer blue. The match my rigids too! I know alot of people frown upon these, but I have them aimed down alot and ive driven a car infront of my jeep with someone else driving and they are just like any other hid factory cars ive seen. There is actually a little bit of a cut off too, which helps the glare a ton!
I've had hids on my tjs, and I kept having problems with the right light ballast failing. I'd constantly have to disconnect the harness and reconnect it. Where did you buy from? I agree the output is unbelievable
Unread 01-27-2014, 08:10 AM   #358
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Not looking too shabby at all John. I know you're running the AEV Dualsport lift, but what flares are those? Probably selling the ZJ in a year and doing a 2010 on 35s (getting a bit tired of older vehicles haha).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #359
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
I've had hids on my tjs, and I kept having problems with the right light ballast failing. I'd constantly have to disconnect the harness and reconnect it. Where did you buy from? I agree the output is unbelievable
Hmm, thats odd. I had problems with my 35w ballast so I just upgraded to 55w and its been fine so far. I just wish that i didnt have my headlights turn on when I unlock the jeep with the remote. I dont think I can disable it either.

I got them from a place that only does lighting upgrades, reasonably priced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
Not looking too shabby at all John. I know you're running the AEV Dualsport lift, but what flares are those? Probably selling the ZJ in a year and doing a 2010 on 35s (getting a bit tired of older vehicles haha).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Haha for sure man.. new is pretty nice. Eventually everything starts going out at some point, thats where I was at with the WJ. The flares are bushwackers. under 500 bucks for the front and rears.
Unread 01-31-2014, 05:44 AM   #360
tonkatrucksryan

2014 JK Wrangler 

I just spent the morning reading your build. Wow you have Great taste, skills, and boy you can find deals. I wish I could find the deals you do on craigslist. Keep up the great work. I will surely be watching and admiring!!!

Friday beer day
tonkatrucksryan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.