Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread - Page 21 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 11-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #301
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjilla View Post
maybe it was a DIY or home made armor for the axle…no clue. now your jeep is 5.13 times better than mine! nice score on the axle. I miss craigslist and america
Could be, he said it was a shop that did it, so you never know.. lol

Psh, enough! Any jeep that is red rock color is a winner

Craigslist is my savior, ive gotten a few things off of there like the front bumper, and rubicon sliders, now these.. all good scores too. This one is the best find though, literally cant beat 200 bucks. Now only if it were a dana 44

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #302
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Went to six states yesterday and got 5.13 gears installed in the rear 44.. All I can say is I will thoroughly enjoy driving anywhere now. Its effortless getting up an incline and merging with traffic. Im doing the break in period with them now, but so far its got its power back. Cant wait to put the front axle in this weekend!

Perfect!

Unread 11-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #303
blackwhiteriot
2007 JK Wrangler 

congrats bro. now im going to need to test drive it.
blackwhiteriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #304
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhiteriot View Post
congrats bro. now im going to need to test drive it.
Your welcome to tomorrow!

Got the front axle swapped in, took about 7 hours total after tuning the steering wheel which took forever. As soon as I got it "perfect" it seemed, it would move on me again. Overall, happy. Glad I got some gurth under there now! Its not a 44 by any means, but its perfect for what Im doing. So now I officially have 5.13 gears. After putting almost a couple hundred miles on them, Im super pleased with them. Cant wait for my 35s to burn up so I can get some 37s

Unread 11-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #305
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Some pictures because I know you all like pictures. Turns out I need new sway bar links, the AEV brackets dont fit with the c gussets. Time for an early christmas present for the jeep!

Unread 11-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #306
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

The JKS links work with my Synergy gussets which look similar to yours. I would like to run with a non greasable link though if I ever change them out.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #307
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn
Some pictures because I know you all like pictures. Turns out I need new sway bar links, the AEV brackets dont fit with the c gussets. Time for an early christmas present for the jeep!
I hated those brackets and didn't install them with my 2.5" lift. I moved the rear links up front and installed longer links on the rear.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #308
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
The JKS links work with my Synergy gussets which look similar to yours. I would like to run with a non greasable link though if I ever change them out.
Oh ok, how do you like the JKS ones? Are they pretty easy to use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
I hated those brackets and didn't install them with my 2.5" lift. I moved the rear links up front and installed longer links on the rear.
Yeah I was never a fan either myself. I ended up being lazy about it and got other stuff instead. Now it seems I must fix that problem haha. IIRC I got new links for the rear in the lift kit, and they gave me brackets. Which means I have links laying around somewhere..

Unread 11-17-2013, 05:33 AM   #309
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

They are easy to use , but use grease sparingly or it tends to fly down the sides of the Jeep. I use some Teraflex mounts that attach the the body mounts to hold them up when disco'd.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #310
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
They are easy to use , but use grease sparingly or it tends to fly down the sides of the Jeep. I use some Teraflex mounts that attach the the body mounts to hold them up when disco'd.
Oh ok, ive just heard people complain about they are difficult to line back up or something. I usually just use zipties haha

Got my snowboard rack on. Im ready!

Unread 11-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #311
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Found a guy who wanted to trade bumpers. Now I have a winch ready bumper without spending 300 bucks for getting the winch plate

Unread 11-26-2013, 02:00 AM   #312
AveCat
MacGyver

2012 JK Wrangler 

Looks great man!
Unread 11-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #313
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Thanks man!

I'm thinking of hardwiring my wireless lights. I lost the remote lol. Lesson learned don't ever buy anything wireless!

Unread 11-27-2013, 12:31 AM   #314
AveCat
MacGyver

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Thanks man!

I'm thinking of hardwiring my wireless lights. I lost the remote lol. Lesson learned don't ever buy anything wireless!
Love the wheels too. Got 17" of the same ones.
Unread 11-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #315
pmraider12
2012 JK Wrangler 

love the build. nice and simple. like the cover you made.good work!
pmraider12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.