Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side View

Unread 10-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #286
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Went and got my subs installed, very pleased with them.. Had the guys install a control knob for the sub right by the cup holders, easy to access and has an intensity light to show how much power its using. Also had the amp installed on the back of the rear seats because the rear seats fold down flat.. so that wasnt an option. Its a good spot, being that I can still keep the rear covered in summertime with my trunk cover top I made.

I dont think ill get new speakers, they are pretty good paired with the sub. Overall, happy! Cant believe I waited this long for them.

Picture because.. You can kinda see the amp back there

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #287
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Some more detail pictures of the sub and amp install. Guy did a really nice job!

Also, the gf and I went to the coast for our day off and found a spot to park on the beach and watch the sunset. She was taking pictures of the sunset, while I was taking pictures of my jeep haha. We both got what we wanted so it worked out good

Control knob for the subwoofer only

Mounted on the back of the seat

All stuffed, under the carpet.

And the beach

Before the sunset, claimed my spot

Minuted before it went down

She also bought me some grab handles! Will get those soon hopefully

Unread 10-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #288
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Awesome jk. I love the color
Unread 10-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #289
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
Thanks! I like the color too

Installed Yakima 42" roof rail kit yesterday. Install was easy! Just took my time with the directions and made sure the holes lines up for when I was drilling. Took a little bit of gut to drill into the hardtop but I got over that quickly. I also got a 40" Fairing for wind noise, plus its a spot for all the stickers! Wil be putting locks on it later too, they are around $50 bucks so its just cheap insurance I think. Overall very happy. And it doesnt leak either!

The fairing overlaps maybe an inch over the freedom panels but it moves up and down easily when you need to take them off or put them back on. So Im not too worried about it. Also left about equal distance on the hardtop riff line both front and back just to make things look balanced.

Everybody needs one of these! They also are removable from the rack rail so thats convenient for parking garages and when your not using it.

Unread 10-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #290
blackwhiteriot
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12
that's sick john. I was thinking of doing this. Just too scared to drill threw the hard top. Lol
blackwhiteriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #291
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhiteriot View Post
that's sick john. I was thinking of doing this. Just too scared to drill threw the hard top. Lol
Ill help you out if your interested. I just took the top off and worked on it in my front yard. Its way worth it, and on your jeep you can get the 54" track system where its a little bit longer so you have room to adjust the rails. Well worth the money IMO!

And thanks by the way

Unread 10-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #292
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post

She also bought me some grab handles! Will get those soon hopefully

15th st in Lincoln city I see.
If you would have been north a few more blocks you might have seen my jeep parked above a cliff with the top popped. Haha

brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #293
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjw View Post
15th st in Lincoln city I see.
If you would have been north a few more blocks you might have seen my jeep parked above a cliff with the top popped. Haha

Hahah that would have been sweet! Looks like a different day though? Are you parked by the sight seeing area where there is two lots to park in? Looks like your not in either of them anyways

Unread 10-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #294
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn

Hahah that would have been sweet! Looks like a different day though? Are you parked by the sight seeing area where there is two lots to park in? Looks like your not in either of them anyways
I was there Saturday through Monday. By the looks of your pics, you were there Friday or Saturday night?

I was parked at my sister in laws place which shares a lot with a vacation rental. Nice and quiet, slept with the beach side open and listened to the ocean all night.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #295
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

looks real nice man, love the subs, really need to upgrade mine soon
Unread 10-26-2013, 01:06 AM   #296
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjw View Post
I was there Saturday through Monday. By the looks of your pics, you were there Friday or Saturday night?

I was parked at my sister in laws place which shares a lot with a vacation rental. Nice and quiet, slept with the beach side open and listened to the ocean all night.
Oh ok, lucky you! There are some nice spots over there for rentals. Ive always wanted to rent out a house there. Sleeping in a jeep tent is pretty sweet though, I think I'd chose that over the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
looks real nice man, love the subs, really need to upgrade mine soon
Thanks man, the subs made all the difference. The speakers are actually pretty good for what they are, and I dont really listen to them loudly, just enough to be noticeable. Id like the keep my hearing as much as possible, which is impossible being that I work in construction.

The AEV drop brackets showed up today, will probably tackle that tomorrow morning. Looks self explanatory. Any tips on which ones to disconnect first?

Unread 11-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #297
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Found a deal on craigslist today for a built dana 30. Had upper and lower C gussets, inner sleeves, and 5.13 gears. Now its time to start a fund for the rear axle re gear to 5.13

Unread 11-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #298
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Scheduled appointment for 5.13 gears for the rear axle by six states. Finally going to do my first re-gear in my 3rd jeep lol

Unread 11-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #299
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Picked up the axle yesterday, really nice guy and has a Jeep Klub (JK )

Axle has..
- 5.13 gears, he said they had 40k miles on them
- Upper and lower C gussets
- LCA skids
- Inner Sleeves
- Synergy Ball joints
- Riddler Diff Cover (going to replace it with my Solid cover to match the rear)

All for $200

Set it up on some jacks and started doing some light cleaning to just give it a good coat of black. Gears look to be in good shape

Any help on which armor kit its got would be awesome, just to know whats on there..

Unread 11-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #300
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

maybe it was a DIY or home made armor for the axle…no clue. now your jeep is 5.13 times better than mine! nice score on the axle. I miss craigslist and america
www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.