Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread

Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!GenRight Offroad at CCOR! 706-207-4140Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 01-28-2013, 05:23 AM   #16
johnmc89
2002 WJ 

Man sweet color been thinkin of goin to a jk from a wj also

Unread 01-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #17
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum5.9 View Post
Moony glad to see you back into the jeep seen. Can't wait to see what you do with it! Sub'd...
Thanks man! It wont be as quick of a build as the wj but when the funds allow for some fun, it will be for the jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggoofy View Post
Oh **** here we go again. That's a clean rig man 3.5 and 37s all day
Couldnt do it man, jeeps are forever. Im looking at those 37's, but I want the 35's first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODMODEX View Post
Bet it'll be nice getting a 2.5 budget boost, trimming some disposable fenders and slapping on some 35's, especially after coming from a wj! I'm getting a 6 lift to clear 33s.. hope to follow suit in a couple years when I'm out of school and get a jk! I want one so bad
It will be a huge pleasure knowing that. Im just debating what style I want my jeep to be. More aggressive or casual.. 35's will be the first set I buy no doubt though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleZJ View Post
About damn time Moony
Yeah yeah buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmc89 View Post
Man sweet color been thinkin of goin to a jk from a wj also
Keep the wj man, I only got a jk so i didnt have to drive the stinkin kia. So much better man..

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #18
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Looking at something that wont drain the tax return funds, so I was looking at bumpers. So far ive come a big fan of the LoD Stubby Short front bumper with the hoop bar, not the stinger style.. or the hanson bumper. Any other brands worth looking at? Theres like, thousands of brands to choose from.

EDIT: Holy canoli, the poison spyder bumpers are killer! Especially for the price!

Unread 01-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #19
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

there are alot of good brands out there, also look into local shops. i got my full 1/4" recessed winch mount stinger stubby for 200 bucks. this thing will last way longer than the jeep will.
Unread 01-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #20
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
there are alot of good brands out there, also look into local shops. i got my full 1/4" recessed winch mount stinger stubby for 200 bucks. this thing will last way longer than the jeep will.
Wow that's a good price! But anything will outlast a jeep

I had a buddy build my last bumpers, and they were stout! I really like the aftermarket selection, and you can't get one like it for a couple hundred bucks. I wis , but I'm picky about small details, therefore it will be an expensive build :/

Unread 01-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #21
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

i know how you feel, im very picky in what i get, this is why im planning on major mods this summer.
Unread 01-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #22
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
i know how you feel, im very picky in what i get, this is why im planning on major mods this summer.
Oh really? I see your signature, tis a big step! I think ill be keeping mine stock height for a while, going to armor up and maybe get wheels. I dont feel like spending a fortune on tires for an 18" rim lol. Might just do it anyways, but I might bite the bullet. Was hoping to get the MB72 in black, but they dont make 18's.

Looking at these..

http://www.americastire.com/dtcs/fin...2560&rc=ORPINT

Really like these..

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/D5...HTD53118902645

Unread 01-31-2013, 11:53 AM   #23
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Oh really? I see your signature, tis a big step! I think ill be keeping mine stock height for a while, going to armor up and maybe get wheels. I dont feel like spending a fortune on tires for an 18" rim lol. Might just do it anyways, but I might bite the bullet. Was hoping to get the MB72 in black, but they dont make 18's.

Looking at these..

http://www.americastire.com/dtcs/fin...2560&rc=ORPINT

Really like these..

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/D5...HTD53118902645
those rims are pretty nice, ive always been a fan of a smaller rim, especially for offroading. so i went with black rock 909 d rims in 15". love them so far! if you wait a few months ill have my black rocks for sale. and 60s was a buddies idea, while helping him with building his 1st gen last week he mentioned he got his 4.10 60s for 200 rear and 300 front. spents a little and ends up with nice axles under a grand. i asked if they made them in 4.56, thats when i decided to go for it. now just to find them, not worried i have a few months. anyways good luck with what you get, ill stop blabbering.
Unread 02-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #24
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
those rims are pretty nice, ive always been a fan of a smaller rim, especially for offroading. so i went with black rock 909 d rims in 15". love them so far! if you wait a few months ill have my black rocks for sale. and 60s was a buddies idea, while helping him with building his 1st gen last week he mentioned he got his 4.10 60s for 200 rear and 300 front. spents a little and ends up with nice axles under a grand. i asked if they made them in 4.56, thats when i decided to go for it. now just to find them, not worried i have a few months. anyways good luck with what you get, ill stop blabbering.
Haha nah man blabbering is fine..

I agree, I also looked at the price for a 18" offroad tire and it was 400 a piece per tire. Ef that, im going to paint mine black for now to tie me over and then save up for 17's when its time to lift. Bummer part is that it will basically be stock until I get a 3.5" kit and my wheels and tires.

For tax returns wise, I decided on the poison spyder bumper.. Pure sex

http://shop.poisonspyder.com/JK-Braw...10-b.htm#ps-pd

And winch if Im feeling like dropping more coin. Ive had the XRC8 on my WJ and no problems with it. Only issue I had was the casing broke on it which was a defect in the product so warranty took care of it. Plus that synthetic line and the hawse fairlead included in the price is hard to beat.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Winches-W..._pn=S%2fB98281

That covers it for now, but im also having a steering wobble when at around 65-55 when braking. Im wondering if my brake rotors are warped, or if it could be something worn out. Its not death wobble cause i can go over any bump and nothing shimmys. Dont know?

Unread 02-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #25
blackwhiteriot
2007 JK Wrangler 

that poison spyder bumper is siiiick
blackwhiteriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #26
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Get some 12x12 bmf rims

Sent from my iPhone5 using JeepForum

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #27
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Must be nice to actually have bumper options...

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #28
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhiteriot View Post
that poison spyder bumper is siiiick
Yeah man, im really stoked on it. It was one of those things where you first see and you know thats what your getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
Must be nice to actually have bumper options...
Dude its actually a headache, too many to choose from. All are really good, just slight differences. Lifts too, lots of brands. Pretty much anything you want, theres atleast 5 of each.

Couldnt take the bling, so I solved that problem. This will hold me over until I get my lift, wheels and tires all at once which wont be for a while. I dont think it looks all that bad!

Also over the weekend my jeep got some dents. Some people had a brawl outside my friends house over the weekend and ended up fighting on the side of my jeep. Have 3 half dollar sized indents and my front fender on the inner corner by the front of the hood is cracked. Pretty pissed and im more upset that I wasnt there!

Unread 02-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #29
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

when you feel the shimmy is it your actual car wobbling? an uneven rotor usually causes a pulsation in the pedal unless it is in an extreme case. even then the pulsation in the pedal will exist along with wobble. only other thing i can think of is un even clamping, which is rare with rotors.
Unread 02-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #30
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Its seems like its the braking and not the steering. Cause I dont feel anything while driving normally, only at high speeds braking. Ill be driving it later tonight and ill feel for a pulsation in the pedal. I dont recall there was one but i may just not pay attention to it. It didnt do this when I first bought it, so im scratching my head what made it kick in all the sudden. Steering components looked intact, no broken tie rod ends and the balljoints look new. Infact, everything looks new still

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.