Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread - Page 19 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread

The Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 09-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #271
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangFoo View Post
Wow, Jeep is looking very nice - excellent setup you have going there.
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjilla View Post
bumpers in the near future?
Sometime hopefully. Id like to find a deal on craigslist, my buddy found this one a couple days ago so.. well see if I can swing it here this coming week. I would definitely chop it to make it a stubby

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/4069875366.html

Unread 09-22-2013, 11:01 PM   #272
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

if you havent. invest in a welder and some spare metal. give some custom fab work a try and see what you can come up with. there are tons of DIY bumper threads on the internet nowadays. Is the one on criags list solid? or is it half plastic?....regardless, it still looks pretty clean. if its 550 for a half plastic bumper then id say there are better deals out there for solid steel ones. it would look good on your jeep though.
www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #273
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjilla View Post
if you havent. invest in a welder and some spare metal. give some custom fab work a try and see what you can come up with. there are tons of DIY bumper threads on the internet nowadays. Is the one on criags list solid? or is it half plastic?....regardless, it still looks pretty clean. if its 550 for a half plastic bumper then id say there are better deals out there for solid steel ones. it would look good on your jeep though.
Its AEV I believe, which is all steel IIRC. Most expensive bumper pretty much. It would look good chopped as a stubby IMO. There is another deal that I might swoop on instead, but you will have to wait
Unread 09-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #274
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Well, I cant keep a secret. Picking up some 10A bumpers and rock sliders this wednesday.. Oh yes!
Unread 09-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #275
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet man. Those will look really nice.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 01:36 AM   #276
PhatBasturd
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn
Its AEV I believe...
Yep. AEV's COD MW3 bumper but the light bar has been added.

Sent from my over priced iPhone.
PhatBasturd is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #277
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
Sweet man. Those will look really nice.
Yeah I decided Im just going to run the sliders and the front bumper, and then sell the back bumper to a buddy of mine cause he wants it more than me. Pretty excited on it, hes also got brand new wheels and tires from the 10A but I dont need those.. Sure would be kick *** if I could swing them some how and buy some upgraded tires for them but theres a slim chance!
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #278
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Got the sliders mounted along with the front bumper, installed in less than an hour.. Sold the rear bumper to my buddy so Ill have a different routine there. Love the look! Damn front bumper is stout too!

Also, need help hooking up the fogs. Ill have to add a different bulb harness connector or something. I think the fog bulbs are H11? Any input?

Unread 09-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #279
blackwhiteriot
2007 JK Wrangler 

Looks awesome john. Thanks for the hook up on the rear.
blackwhiteriot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #280
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhiteriot View Post
Looks awesome john. Thanks for the hook up on the rear.
Yeah man no problem! Glad it worked out for the both of us

Ordered a set of Warn W350F Wireless lights to replace the fog lights in the 10A. Winter is coming up so I'm going to be needing some nice driving lights for going up to the mountain. Debating on putting an HID kit in there too, either 4500K or 3000k I like the yello fog look. The yellow output when I had my ZJ worked really well in the snow. Suggestions?
Unread 10-06-2013, 01:14 AM   #281
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Hooked up the lights today since it was nice out. Had to make a little tab/bracket to hold the new warn lights in the stock fog light location. Took no more than a few hours for install. Having no switch is nice, but the wireless remote is pretty dull and you need to be pretty close to the sensor wire for them to turn on (which is under the hood ) but other than that they are way whiter and brighter than the stocks. Almost too bright, im going to use them often to see if people flash or not, its hard telling when your alone staring into them at night in the dark parking lot. They are a little brighter than the headlights, which are upgraded silverstar ultras. Overall, pleased. Only bummer is the remote. Could be stronger. Recommended though to anyone!

Heres just the fogs

Fogs w/ Headlights

Fogs w/ Headlights on bright

Unread 10-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #282
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Those look like they're throwing a proper fog pattern, so they shouldn't be blinding to other people. Correspondingly, running them with the high beams is counter-productive. It throws too much light too close and kills your distance vision. The bit of a hole in the high beam pattern is actually there for a purpose.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 09:19 AM   #283
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
Those look like they're throwing a proper fog pattern, so they shouldn't be blinding to other people. Correspondingly, running them with the high beams is counter-productive. It throws too much light too close and kills your distance vision. The bit of a hole in the high beam pattern is actually there for a purpose.
Oh ok perfect! I also took the covers off of them too cause I hardly got any light out of them. I would eventually like to get some driving lights when i get a hoop for the bumper, but these are very nice compared to what I had before. JK's dont have very good driving lights lol
Unread 10-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #284
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Picked up some subs today for a good deal from a co-worker of mine. Sub, and soon to be wiring and amp all for 300. Good deal if you ask me. Later down the road will be speakers and maybe a new head unit, but this is all its lacking in my opinion

Also a shot of the lights

Where the remote is at easy access and where it also picks up a signal. Should have just gotten regular lights lol

Unread 10-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #285
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Went wheeling this last weekend with my brother and both of our girlfriends up at browns camp. Didnt run many trails because they have a main trail closed for maintenance. Still was fun, pretty sloppy up there! Also let the girlfriend drive, she didnt do bad so I was happy

Minus the goofy face, she is pretty normal

Now this is me haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.