Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #181
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleZJ View Post
Looks good. You should think about painting the grill
I know, I've thought about it but I like the colored front end. Too much black i think..

Unread 06-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #182
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn

I know, I've thought about it but I like the colored front end. Too much black i think..
Try plastidip brah
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #183
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Damn moony that's a sexy jk. I followed your dub build back when I had my zj, you got nice taste. I was wondering how long the kia was gonna last lol
Unread 06-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #184
platinum5.9
Web Wheeler

2003 WJ 

John I like the way they look painted..... I considered painting mine!
03 Grand Cherokee Limited-White/Agate-4.7HO/QD-OME HD springs-1" spacers-MX6 shocks-OME SS-IRO rear links-255/75/17 BFG muds-JK Moabs-Muffler Delete-Magnaflow Cats x3-V3 Projectors 35w 5000k HID and High/Low harness w/relays-IRO Premium Sliders-SOLID D30 Cover-Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs/3/4" black shackles http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...1/#post9902192
--Enchanted Mountain Off-road Crew--Olean NY
enchantedmountainoffroad@gmail.com
platinum5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #185
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleZJ View Post
Try plastidip brah
My buddy chad (blackwhiteriot, I dont know if you remember him from the grand side), he has/had a black grille and went back to normal. Maybe Ill try it on

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
Damn moony that's a sexy jk. I followed your dub build back when I had my zj, you got nice taste. I was wondering how long the kia was gonna last lol
Hahahah I really dont know why I bought that car, but it was nice saving gas money wile I had it. And thank you! I like to do the things I like the way I want the first time. Ive learned throughout the past couple jeeps. JK stuff adds up real quick, lots of aftermarket compared to what Im used to haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum5.9 View Post
John I like the way they look painted..... I considered painting mine!
Its all about the way you want your jeep to look. More sophisticated or more bad ***. I chose bad ***

Heres a better shot with my 50mm 1.8 lens. The other lens is taking a dump on me

BTW, My Solid Diff cover should be here tomorrow for the 44

Debating if I want a matching front or if I want one from BTF or someone with that kind of bulky style. Cant beat Solid's price though
Unread 06-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #186
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn

My buddy chad (blackwhiteriot, I dont know if you remember him from the grand side), he has/had a black grille and went back to normal. Maybe Ill try it on

Hahahah I really dont know why I bought that car, but it was nice saving gas money wile I had it. And thank you! I like to do the things I like the way I want the first time. Ive learned throughout the past couple jeeps. JK stuff adds up real quick, lots of aftermarket compared to what Im used to haha

Its all about the way you want your jeep to look. More sophisticated or more bad ***. I chose bad ***

Heres a better shot with my 50mm 1.8 lens. The other lens is taking a dump on me

BTW, My Solid Diff cover should be here tomorrow for the 44

Debating if I want a matching front or if I want one from BTF or someone with that kind of bulky style. Cant beat Solid's price though
I have a solid for my 8.8 and I'm getting a btf for the front from a buddy. Nothin wrong with more protection. And yeah I remember chad, I think you'll like the black
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #187
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Got the cover installed, always have liked their product. Damn UPS man didnt show up until 7:30 though! Time for a matching 30 now! Im now starting to want to beef the axles now

Unread 06-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #188
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Picked up a couple things.. Got new headlight bulbs, i chose the silverstar ultras 4000k bulbs. Its amazing how much brighter these are over the stock yellers. I dont even need to run my fogs now, speaking of which now I need some for them too. Also picked up a fire extinguisher, for the future camping trips and hot summer days. You just never know when you might need one! I picked one up at home depot for 20 bucks, and made a velcro strap and a couple zip ties until I get a mount for it here soon.

Coming on order soon!

- Solid 30 cover
- ARB 12v mounted air compressor w/ their orange hose
- Coverking front and rear seat covers, couldnt pass up the sale they were having on quadratec!

Going wheeling tomorrow, should be some pictures in the future as well

You can see how much whiter they are compared to the fogs

Tada!

Unread 06-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #189
Erbo1Kanerbo
2008 JK Wrangler 

You rockin a hard top too?

ZJ's: If you dont know what it is you cant afford it.
Erbo1Kanerbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #190
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbo1Kanerbo View Post
You rockin a hard top too?
Yessir! I love it but am thinking about the Bestop Trektop NX soft top, just because the hardtop is a two person job. No one is buying hard tops right now though, so Ill have to wait to get it.
Unread 06-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #191
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Uh oh! Wheeling took a small beat on the jeep.. Easy fix!

Thats not right

This is

Unread 06-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #192
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Added the B&M transmission cooler today. It was low 90s today so working with sweaty hands and transmission fluid sucks. I was cringing when I was cutting the hose the first time haha. All turned out good. Only a couple things to look out for. They only give you 4 hose clamps, when really you need 6. The other two I used on the cooler itself. So just something to look out for, because you will need 4 at where you make your splices. Also, needed 3 feet more line, worked out perfectly and only had less than a foot of hose leftover.

Also, make sure that the hose splicers are tight, i had a leak in no time so I added some thread sealer on the supplied parts and it seemed to fix the problem. All in all, it would be a really easy project if it wasnt so damn hot outside! Now I need a temp gauge. I know for sure that the tranny didnt like this hot weather and hills, it was shifting a little slow and searching too much.

Hope this helps anyone whos looking to do this to theirs as well. Id recommend it for only less than 70 bucks! Cheap insurance.

Unread 07-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #193
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Picked up my ARB compressor today with their hose line. Stoked on it, just need to get a switch panel and a mounting bracket for the compressor. I think ive seen that most people go with one that mounts to the brake booster. Any other options?

Unread 07-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #194
platinum5.9
Web Wheeler

2003 WJ 

Looks good.... Where did you get it and how much$$$?
03 Grand Cherokee Limited-White/Agate-4.7HO/QD-OME HD springs-1" spacers-MX6 shocks-OME SS-IRO rear links-255/75/17 BFG muds-JK Moabs-Muffler Delete-Magnaflow Cats x3-V3 Projectors 35w 5000k HID and High/Low harness w/relays-IRO Premium Sliders-SOLID D30 Cover-Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs/3/4" black shackles http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...1/#post9902192
--Enchanted Mountain Off-road Crew--Olean NY
enchantedmountainoffroad@gmail.com
platinum5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #195
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum5.9 View Post
Looks good.... Where did you get it and how much$$$?
Thanks man, got it for $326 at a shop local to me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.