Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Moony's "Big Red" 08 JK Build Thread

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!

Unread 04-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #136
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

The original trimmed fenders looked wicked. Sucks about your laws. So glad I ain't got to put up with that around here.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #137
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
The original trimmed fenders looked wicked. Sucks about your laws. So glad I ain't got to put up with that around here.
I know man, super bummed about it.. I spent a lot of time on those too..

I bought some 3/4" led side markers lights but in red and I'm going to put them in the rears. This it will look sick.

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 11:03 PM   #138
john304
2010 JK Wrangler 

Sucks you did all that work on the stock fenders only to have to cops catch you. They looked freakin' awesome too. The Bushwackers look good too, though. I noticed in the pic the rear fender-well looked black, did you bedline it or get a liner for it? I know Rugged Ridge makes one for their flares and it looks pretty good.
john304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #139
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by john304 View Post
Sucks you did all that work on the stock fenders only to have to cops catch you. They looked freakin' awesome too. The Bushwackers look good too, though. I noticed in the pic the rear fender-well looked black, did you bedline it or get a liner for it? I know Rugged Ridge makes one for their flares and it looks pretty good.
I know man, its the way life goes sometimes haha

Its actually the stock inner fender, just trimmed to fit. Same with the fronts too..

Unread 04-07-2013, 05:54 AM   #140
platinum5.9
Web Wheeler

2003 WJ 

Moony bushwackers look real nice! Almost looks as if you could fit 37's on there Jeep is looking really nice. Let's get some pictures of the JK and WJ together.
03 Grand Cherokee Limited-White/Agate-4.7HO/QD-OME HD springs-1" spacers-MX6 shocks-OME SS-IRO rear links-255/75/17 BFG muds-JK Moabs-Muffler Delete-Magnaflow Cats x3-V3 Projectors 35w 5000k HID and High/Low harness w/relays-IRO Premium Sliders-SOLID D30 Cover-Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs/3/4" black shackles http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...1/#post9902192
--Enchanted Mountain Off-road Crew--Olean NY
enchantedmountainoffroad@gmail.com
platinum5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #141
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum5.9 View Post
Moony bushwackers look real nice! Almost looks as if you could fit 37's on there Jeep is looking really nice. Let's get some pictures of the JK and WJ together.
Haha thanks dude

Someday 37s, but for now it will remain. I'll get a photo shoot here when the weather clears up, which could be a while

Unread 04-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #142
Erbo1Kanerbo
2008 JK Wrangler 

Aye! Nice to see some of the old zj guys in here i just got me a jk the other week and am loving it so far. You build some beautiful jeeps sir

ZJ's: If you dont know what it is you cant afford it.
Erbo1Kanerbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #143
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbo1Kanerbo View Post
Aye! Nice to see some of the old zj guys in here i just got me a jk the other week and am loving it so far. You build some beautiful jeeps sir
Oh really? I feel like everyone will be a JK person at some point, only took a few years to get the price down lol

Took some better pictures, BTW I love these flares. The lights are so nice, and I adding the rear some 3/4" LED's here soon. Anyone have an idea what wire is for the rear tail light running lights? Im going to tag them into them.

Unread 04-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #144
john304
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Oh really? I feel like everyone will be a JK person at some point, only took a few years to get the price down lol

Took some better pictures, BTW I love these flares. The lights are so nice, and I adding the rear some 3/4" LED's here soon. Anyone have an idea what wire is for the rear tail light running lights? Im going to tag them into them.

It's starting to look like a machine more and more.

Sub'd.

I want Bushwacker's now.

Now I need more money.
Unread 04-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #145
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
It's starting to look like a machine more and more.

Sub'd.

I want Bushwacker's now.
Thanks man it'smore like a jjeep you mean?

I'm going to be honest, the flares I didn't care much for but when I got them on my opinions changed. Probably my favorite mod so far

Unread 04-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #146
platinum5.9
Web Wheeler

2003 WJ 

Me like.....
03 Grand Cherokee Limited-White/Agate-4.7HO/QD-OME HD springs-1" spacers-MX6 shocks-OME SS-IRO rear links-255/75/17 BFG muds-JK Moabs-Muffler Delete-Magnaflow Cats x3-V3 Projectors 35w 5000k HID and High/Low harness w/relays-IRO Premium Sliders-SOLID D30 Cover-Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs/3/4" black shackles http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...1/#post9902192
--Enchanted Mountain Off-road Crew--Olean NY
enchantedmountainoffroad@gmail.com
platinum5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #147
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Put an LED side marker in the rear flares today, just hooked up the wiring to a ground and the hitch running lights. Looks slick and matches the front stock markers of the bushwackers. Took a couple minutes to prepare drilling into the flares haha

Unread 04-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #148
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Took the sahara trim off, looks better all black. Makes it look like its aftermarket... almost

Unread 04-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #149
john304
2010 JK Wrangler 

Looks better every time I check the thread. I'm gonna take my trim off as well as the Sahara decals.

Now I need more money.
Unread 04-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #150
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Looks better every time I check the thread. I'm gonna take my trim off as well as the Sahara decals.
That's my goal! Right now I'm thinking about waiting on the aesthetics of the rig and getting drive train done. Looking at getting Xgussets aand inner tubes with diff covers, driveshaft, balljoints, gears and lockers.. Yada yada

I think taking the trim off makes it look was cleaner being that it's a darker color.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.