Montaska's Build! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Montaska's Build!

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 08-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #16
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Always liked silver.. Looks good even with the small tires haha

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 03:29 AM   #17
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

lose the "X" on the sides of the jeep and do the black high temp spray paint mod on the muffler. thats sum cheap mods
www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #18
Montaska
Mountains & Beer

2007 JK Wrangler 

I'll debadge the Jeep this weekend, and am also focusing on getting the front shocks replaced. Really a crappy location for the top shock bolt.

Anyway, I installed my 55w KC long-range lights, today. Wired the switch to my center console. They are angled out so I can see the ditch on my way home at night and can avoid the typical deer, pronghorn, foxes, coyotes, and porcupines, that like to jump out.

Larger Tires will come this winter.

Montaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 05:27 AM   #19
Repauli1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaska
I'll debadge the Jeep this weekend, and am also focusing on getting the front shocks replaced. Really a crappy location for the top shock bolt.

Anyway, I installed my 55w KC long-range lights, today. Wired the switch to my center console. They are angled out so I can see the ditch on my way home at night and can avoid the typical deer, pronghorn, foxes, coyotes, and porcupines, that like to jump out.

Larger Tires will come this winter.
If you take a four inch grinder with a worn down cut off wheel (about 3") you can stick it right in that pocket and grind the shaft off the shock, then poke it up and out! Took me five minutes each to remove. Then on new shock wrap a couple turns of electrical tape around a vice grip, and clamp high as possible on shaft, that will allow you to prevent it from turning while putting top nut on. Tighten until the rubber bushings bulge a little! Cheers!
Unread 09-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #20
Montaska
Mountains & Beer

2007 JK Wrangler 

I got it back from the body-shop and took it for a drive through the prairie.
Kenwood head unit and Sirius/XM should be here, Thursday.

Unread 09-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #21
HAFICON

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaska View Post

That is a nice point of view.. Not to much like there were I am from one benefit of being in the Coat Guard I get to live in different places. Big downfall, cant settle into a hose and shop like I want... 7 more years I can retire.. Nice jeep love the scenery.
4.88's and TNT truss.
My build thus far.
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/blues-jeep-build-lots-pictures-1509366/[/url]
HAFICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #22
Montaska
Mountains & Beer

2007 JK Wrangler 

I can't stand my JK's small tires. I'm planning on getting the TeraFlex JK 2.5" Kit and throwing 33" tires on there. Then, later on down the road, I'll upgrade my lift.
Unread 10-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #23
ferninaz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaska
I can't stand my JK's small tires. I'm planning on getting the TeraFlex JK 2.5" Kit and throwing 33" tires on there. Then, later on down the road, I'll upgrade my lift.
If you can afford it, I would get 35" tires. 33" tires will look and feel small and you will regret wasting the money on the 33" tires. I am sure you already know this but I thought I should repeat it.
ferninaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #24
Kiriesh
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferninaz View Post
If you can afford it, I would get 35" tires. 33" tires will look and feel small and you will regret wasting the money on the 33" tires. I am sure you already know this but I thought I should repeat it.
I don't really mind the look of my 33's and with 35's you start needing regearing/aftermarket tire carrier which adds up fast
Kiriesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #25
Psycho-X-Jeep
Free hugs <<< just ask!

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferninaz View Post
I disagree. I have a 2.5" lift and am running 285/70/17s (32.7"). I think it looks great. But it's just my opinion.

Psycho-X-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 05:49 AM   #26
Montaska
Mountains & Beer

2007 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the input, guys. I'm going to go with 33's for now. We had our first snow today and I'm sliding all over the road with my baldish tires. Leaving for a week-long business trip but getting those new tires when I get back.
Unread 02-19-2014, 12:20 PM   #27
Montaska
Mountains & Beer

2007 JK Wrangler 

Sorry for the lack of updates. I got a new job back in the town I moved from six months ago and have been packing and being excited and all. Anyway...

I got the AT/S tires but they ended up being about 32.5" which is fine for me. I'm abandoning my lift, for now. I'd rather spend that money on something more effective for me.

Thinking about getting Rusty's Cherry Bomb Off-Road Exhaust but I don't want to be the obnoxious guy who wakes the neighbors up at 2am. I also PM'd Kolak to see if he makes anything for the JK as I loved his ZJ exhaust. I just have a hard time spending $400-$600 for bent pipe and a fancy name. Suggestions on a cheap exhaust that wont rust, instantly?

Going to get tube doors as soon as it goes warm and go topless - can't wait!
Unread 02-19-2014, 03:39 PM   #28
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaska View Post
Sorry for the lack of updates. I got a new job back in the town I moved from six months ago and have been packing and being excited and all. Anyway...

I got the AT/S tires but they ended up being about 32.5" which is fine for me. I'm abandoning my lift, for now. I'd rather spend that money on something more effective for me.

Thinking about getting Rusty's Cherry Bomb Off-Road Exhaust but I don't want to be the obnoxious guy who wakes the neighbors up at 2am. I also PM'd Kolak to see if he makes anything for the JK as I loved his ZJ exhaust. I just have a hard time spending $400-$600 for bent pipe and a fancy name. Suggestions on a cheap exhaust that wont rust, instantly?

Going to get tube doors as soon as it goes warm and go topless - can't wait!
I just bought the cherry bomb muffler and put it in place of the stock resonator than took off the huge one in the back. Fore warning even with the tail pipe it's still loud as hell
Unread 02-20-2014, 09:07 AM   #29
Montaska
Mountains & Beer

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
I just bought the cherry bomb muffler and put it in place of the stock resonator than took off the huge one in the back. Fore warning even with the tail pipe it's still loud as hell
Thanks, man. I think I'll forgo it and see if our local exhaust shop can fab me something for a good price. My former mechanic had advertised he did custom exhaust pipe bending but wanted $800... just to bend some pipe and weld in a cat. No way! But I had our local exhaust shop weld my Kolak ZJ exhaust and it was a great price. I'll check him out. Otherwise, I'm going to go with the MBRP off-road exhaust. My exhaust is completely rusted and the hangers are starting break, hence my need for a new exhaust.
Unread 02-21-2014, 09:06 AM   #30
Gojo03
2007 JK Wrangler 

i have the MBRP setup with the muffler under the driver seat. It doesn't sound bad, definitely isn't loud. It is tucked up pretty high, I like it
Gojo03 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.