Mom reversed into a pole! '12 JK - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mom reversed into a pole! '12 JK

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 12-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #16
OlivergreenCJ7
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaJK07
Damage looks bad but definitely a easy fix. Remove the light. Pull it back out and slap some body filler on it. Primer and paint. That is a SUPER small area if its just that corner panel. And def not a $1000 fix. Try less then half that at most. I'm a body and paint guy myself but not in TN.
PO, at least this sounds more reassuring. I just figured the cost of replacing the corner piece and not just pulling and using body filler. I thought this was going to be an easy fix and it was a 5,500 estimate... Thank god for insurance.

image-2564039661.jpg

Just get estimates from local shops before you commit to anything, but if this is not a insurance claim I'd still lean towards corner armor to cover the damage. You could still clean and paint the rusted area and cover them right up. $175 for corner is a better deal then $500 dollars all day long. If you plan to one day resell then I would get the area fixed correctly.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.