Mom reversed into a pole! '12 JK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mom reversed into a pole! '12 JK

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
CAPITAFTW

Mom reversed into a pole! '12 JK

Hey guys,

Unfortunately my mom reversed into a pole and dented the right rear quarter panel. The light seems fine and untouched everything is just pushed in. It is starting to rust so I want to get it fixed sooner than later.

Any idea of what we would be looking at cost wise for repair and would anybody have any recommendations for repair in Toronto, Ontario.

CAPITAFTW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
OlivergreenCJ7
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Honestly, I would look into trail corners if you plan on keeping the jeep or ever wheeling it. They would cover the damage and offer a layer of protection in case she does it again. They would be a lot cheaper than getting it fixed. I bet that's in the $1,000 range. Most places will give free estimates.
Unread 12-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #3
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

well first off I'd hit it with some compound and some wax to remove/protect against more rust. It looks pretty creased, so unless you are planning on replacing the whole rear fender, you may want to consider rear corner armor.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
CAPITAFTW

Thanks for the prompt responses. Which corner armour would you recommend?
Unread 12-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
CAPITAFTW

What do you guys think of the Bushwacker ones? http://www.justjeeps.com/product.php...at=8554&page=1
Unread 12-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #6
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPITAFTW View Post
Thanks for the prompt responses. Which corner armour would you recommend?
AEV Corner Guards are THE way to go. Best such product on the market. They go for $300/pair, plus shipping and tax as appropriate.

As it so happens, I have a pair I can sell you. One is used, slightly. The other is brand new, never installed. I will sell for $175, which includes the $50 it will cost me to ship them. If you are interested, let me know.
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #7
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Poison Spyder has nice corners as well, however at almost twice the price of AEVs apparently.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #8
Doctor7474
2013 JK Wrangler 

Get an estimate from a body shop?

Needs the rear corner piece, used or aftermarket tail lamp on the cheap, detrim the rt side of the tub and the whole tail gate,R&I bumper, blend rt side tub and tail gate, reassemble.

Just a guess here with local labor rates...

30$ tail lamp
50$ corner piece from Chrysler
2.5 hour replace corner piece
2.0 detrims
3.0 refinish time
0.5 ri bumper

So 5.0 body labor at 42$ an hour here = 210$
3.0 refinish at 42$ an hour = 126$
3.0 at 28$ per hour for paint materials = 84$
84$ paint materials + 80$ in parts = 164$ in taxable parts at 7% tax rate = 11.48$ taxes
Total = 511.48$ to repair it or there abouts as I guessed on part prices and labor.
Doctor7474 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 06:40 PM   #9
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubAtomicGenius View Post
Poison Spyder has nice corners as well, however at almost twice the price of AEVs apparently.
Plus they have a stupid looking spider cut into them.
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #10
GeorgiaJK07
2007 JK Wrangler 

Damage looks bad but definitely a easy fix. Remove the light. Pull it back out and slap some body filler on it. Primer and paint. That is a SUPER small area if its just that corner panel. And def not a $1000 fix. Try less then half that at most. I'm a body and paint guy myself but not in TN.
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #11
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

River Raider has some nice looking corners also.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #12
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

I hate to say it but i did the same, long story, luckily it hit the spare so only the spare tire carrier got cracked.
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:04 PM   #13
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboarder View Post
Plus they have a stupid looking spider cut into them.
Think you can order them without the spider, but otherwise I'll agree! lol
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 03:03 AM   #14
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

P.S. tell mom to be more careful in the future !

Dan
djm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 04:34 AM   #15
GeorgiaJK07
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicwaste29
I hate to say it but i did the same, long story, luckily it hit the spare so only the spare tire carrier got cracked.
My spare tire carrier must be a beast then, motorcycle trailer came loose after going over RR tracks and slammed into the spare tire. Everything was fine, Trailer was Fd up pretty good. It WAS a V nose.

Tags
wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.