Mol is the Winner of The 2012 JK of the Year Contest! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mol is the Winner of The 2012 JK of the Year Contest!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

View Poll Results: Vote Here for the 2012 JK of the YEAR!
Mol 34 22.08%
BlkOps2011 17 11.04%
jmars07 5 3.25%
DrHolliday 9 5.84%
XFLSTL 31 20.13%
jeeperjk---------DISQUALIFIED---------- 31 20.13%
alexkemple 2 1.30%
JTPhoto 3 1.95%
Wildthang54 2 1.30%
Hokies2010 2 1.30%
ArticRubi 15 9.74%
GeorgiaJK07 3 1.95%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 12-31-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Mol is the Winner of The 2012 JK of the Year Contest!

The 2012
JK of the Year Contest
Starts Now!

Mol
(A.K.A. molshove)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Mods:

Driveline
3.8L V6
NGC370 6-speed transmission
NV241 Rock Trac Transfer Case

5.13 Superior Gears
Front D44, with Teraflex inner axle sleeve and upper C gussets
ARB Diff Cover
RCV Axle Shafts
Rear D44, heavily welded differential after breaking stock plug welds
ARB Diff Cover
Alloy Chromoly Axles
MBRP Offroad exhaust

Suspension/Steering
Frankenlift -
4" Currie springs
BDS front lower flex arms
BDS rear lower flex arms
BDS rear upper flex arms
Reid HD High Steer Knuckles
Offroad Evolution Drag link flip kit
Moog Drag Link End
Currie HD Tie Rod
Synergy Ball Joints
Teraflex Monster Front Track Bar
BDS adjustable rear track bar
Teraflex rear trackbar relocation bracket (at axle)
Teraflex Steering Stabilizer
BDS VSS 9550 Shocks

Wheels/Tires:
Raceline Monster Beadlocks
Maxxis Trepador Competition Compound 37x12.50x17

Recovery:
Warn 9.5CTI
straps/snatch block/hi-lift etc.

Armor:
River Raider full skid system
Poison Spyder evap skid
Poison Spyder BFH rear bumper
Poison Spyder brawler lite front bumper
Offroad Evolution tube fenders
Offroad Evolution fender mounted swingaway tire carrier
Teraflex rock sliders

Accessories:
Offroad Heros dual tops (slant back and cargo top)
sPod
Tuffy flip-n-lock Mygig cover
Tuffy Security deck enclosure
Cobra 75WX CB radio w/ 3' firefly antenna
Teraflex tailgate CB antenna mount
Line-Xed tub
KC Hilites 130w long range mounted to rugged ridge windshield brackets
Warn 6" Fogs, bumper mounted
Rugged Ridge dual battery tray
Two Sears Diehard Marine batteries
Teraflex grab straps
Daystar hood wranglers

Audio:
MTX re-Q sound processor
Polk Audio components in-dash
Polk Audio speakers in roll bar
JL audio 8" shallow mount sub in factory enclosure
Polk audio 4-channel amp
Polk Audio mono channel amp

STORY

My 1990 YJ was the gateway to my addiction to everything that is Jeep, and the introduction to this wonderful forum that has afforded me the courage to learn to tool on my own vehicle, as well as the opportunity to learn, and meet some great folks in the process. I began my build at my dealership, where I was a sales manager (recently left the auto industry) and had access to our service department, and a few of the tech's tools. After building past the basic suspension/bumpers phase, I started developing my driving skills different trail rides with the guys at Trail Quest. Growing my confidence as a driver, and breaking parts one by one, I moved my build over to Trail Quest Inc, a Jeep specific shop in Central Ohio. Two of my good friends run this shop, and put up with my shenanigans - They live and breathe everything CJ, YJ, TJ, but only had limited experience with the JK before I started showing up, using their tools, and making them conform to the words of the ever-powerful internet Stefan and John have helped me to learn a great deal more as far as tooling goes, and my build continues in the way of their daily business. My wife jokes (I think) that I should pay rent out there, and visit home every now and then for fun Thanks for your participation in my build!

BlkOps2011

Year & Model: 2011 JK Wrangler Rubicon Call of Duty Edition

Engine: Stock - 3.8 Liter V6

Transmission: Stock - 6 Speed Manual

Transfer Case: Stock Rubicon - Rock-Trac Heavy Duty

Front Axle: Stock Rubicon - Dana 44 Heavy Duty

Rear Axle: Rubicon stock - Dana 44 Heavy Duty

Gear Ratio: Rubicon stock - 4:1

Mods:

Suspension Lift: Rock Krawler 2.5" max travel w/ RRD Racing Shocks Front and Rear, RC Dual Steering Stabilizer

Wheels & Tires: 35x12.50R17 Goodyear Wrangler MTR w/ Kevlar on Pro Comp Alloy Flat Blk, 17x9, 5x5 bolt, 4.75 Back Space Rims

Recovery Tools: Warn M8000 Winch w/synthetic line, Recovery bag w/ shackles, straps, snatch block, shovel, etc., Hi-Lift Jack

Armor: PSC Brawler Lite Front Bumper, Rear Brawler Bumper w/ swing mount, Body Armor, Rocker Knockers w/ sliders, Skid Plates, Aluminum flat fenders

Exhaust: RIPP LT SS headers, MBRP Off-road SS Exhaust w/ Flow Master Resonator

Accessories: PIAA Fog Lights, Wet Okole seat covers, Safari Straps full cage cargo net, RR Tube Doors, Billet Shift Knobs

Our Story:

To celebrate an empty nest and 25 years of marriage we decided to gift ourselves with a new 2011 JK. We both had jeeps before we married, had jeeps together, and then went Jeepless for a few years to raise kids. We wanted a Rubicon and loved the stealth markings of the COD. Our mods were meant to be dual purposed, making it capable off road but keeping it stable and comfortable on road. We can’t claim to be the most active and productive contributors to the Jeep Forum (haven’t taken the time to document mods)… but we CAN claim to passing on the love of Jeeps and Four Wheeling to the next generation; 3 of our kids now own Jeeps (1 GC, 2 Rubis)!

jrmars07

2010 JK Wrangler Sport

3.8 Liter V6 Automatic

Dana 30 Front Axle:

RCV Axle Shafts, Teraflex Sleeve & Gusset, ARB Air Locker, 4.88 G2 Gears, Bluetorch Diff Cover (Mango Tango), Tom Woods 1310 Driveshaft

Dana 44 Rear Axle:

US Alloy Chromoly Shafts, ARB Air Locker, 4.88 G2 Gears, Bluetorch Diff Cover (Mango Tango), Tom Woods 1310 Driveshaft

Suspension:

Pro Comp 2.5” Springs, Pro Comp Front Adj Trackbar & Brace, Pro Comp Rear Adj Trackbar Brace, JKS Quick Disconnects, Fox 2.0 3” BDS Shocks, Teraflex Steering Stabilizer, Teraflex Front Lower Control Arms, Rear Upper Control Arms

Wheels & Tires:

285/75/16 (33”) BFG KM2’s on Pro Comp 7069 Series 16”x8” Wheels

Recovery Tools:

Warn 9.5 TI Winch w/ 3/8" X 100' Orange Viking Winchline w/ Safety Thimble and Daystar Synthetic Rollers, Viking Tree Strap, ARB Snatch Strap, 3/4” D-Shackles

Armor and Bumpers:

Rubi Rails, Rugged Ridge RRC Rails, AEV Premium Front Bumper,

Lighting:

Rally Lights H4 Conversion, IPF 900 Driving Lights

Tops:

Stock Hard Top, Bestop Bikini, Duster, Wrap-around Windjammer

CB:

Midland 1001Z, 3’ Firestik

Other Mods:

Superchips Flashpaq, Rock Hard License Relocate, Daystar Center Counsel, Mango Tango Dash Bessel, DIY Grill Mesh, Angry Eyes

I bought my first Jeep shortly after getting my first job out of college in 2010. I had always wanted a Jeep and finally had the opportunity. Within the first hour of having it I was topless and heading north for camping and had it covered in mud the next day. A couple of months later I put a lift and tires on and that was the best/worst thing I ever did. Now I can’t stop upgrading it and going on any trail rides with some great people I have met along the way.

DrHolliday

Mods:

Rock Krawler 3.5" X-factor Mid arm lift

Cut stock fender flares

River Raider Off Road Skid plates

RRoR Evap skid,

Rough Country Hybrid Stubby bumper w/ fog lights

MBRP D-ring shackle mounts

Smittybilt XRC8 winch w/ under hood solenoid mount

17x8.5" Black MB72's

35x12.50R17 Cooper Discoverer STT's

Before the Wrangler I had a 2005 Jeep Liberty diesel. The trans went out and My wife and I decided to trade it in on a new wrangler. We decided on the Rubicon. It quickly went from being my wife's daily driver/ commuter to my off road rig. I took it off road completely stock and decided I was going to get a budget boost and call it good. After some research that turned into the Rock Krawler lift. Every time I take the Jeep out I figure out something else to put on it. My wife has been getting a little tired of all the money going into the Jeep so every mod I do has been researched and done to get the Job done in the best and most affordable way. I've done that by making my own CB mounts and such, cutting my stock fenders, and picking up the burnt up XRC8 and spending $50 to rewire it and get it working again. The Jeep is one of my favorite vehicles and I can't wait to see what it looks like in a year or more!

XFLSTL

Mods:Viair Super Duty On Board Air System , PSC Front Flares, PSC Rear Flares, PSC Rocker Knockers, PSC Rear Corner Crushers, RCV Front axle shaft, Axle Sleeve's and Gusset's, 17x9 Crager soft 8 Beadlock Rims, HID Headlights, JE Reel Front& Rear Drive Shaft, Skyjacker 6" coil spring's, JKS Front and rear adjustable track bars, JKS rear swaybar links, Rock Krawler Front swaybar links, Body armor front and rear bumper /w tire carrier, Cooper 37" STT tires, XRC 8 Winch..... Updates since May JK of The Month 42" MTR/K's, Spyder Lock beadlocks, Rockjock D60 rear, Offroadhero Combo top... Currently awaiting delivery on Rockjock D60 front, Front and rear double throwdown EVO coilover system, Fulltraction longarm system.
Story. I drove from Minnesota out to Idaho to buy this 2010 Rubicon New, it has been a fun and not very cheap hobby. Everytime I find something I want to do or crawl up that I cannot, I decide to make new upgrades. As most Jeeps this is a never ending storie, but one I am enjoying to the fullest. UPDATE: After my 1st trip to Moab this past June, and breaking a drive shaft and rear pinion, it was time to go bigger or go home... So Rockjock 60's front and rear are in order, Goodyear MTR/K 42's, a coilover system and alot of body trimming!!! Cannot wait to get back to Moab!!!!!!!!!
Pictures

jeeperjk

Mods: Currie D60's front & rear, ARBs, 5.38's, Atlas 4spd (2.72, 4.3, 11.7), JE Reel driveshafts, Rebel Coilover conversion (King coilovers), ViAir Dual 400c compressors, 2 gallon tank in RROR evap/air tank skid, manual switches for ARB lockers, sPod, LoD stubby with stinger front, Smittybilt XRC rear, Trail Mods flares, TeraFlex monster track bars front & rear, Rigid 10" Specter light bar, Superwinch LP10000 w/ synthetic line, Raceline Monster Black beadlocks, Pitbull Rocker 41.5x13.5-17's, AEV snorkel, PSC hydro assist, Poly Performance rear long arms, Clayton front long arms, MBRP exhaust, Currie AntiRock rear swaybar, K&N drop in, and a backup alarm...

Story: Some of you might remember me planning this build last year while I sat in Iraq. It started as a plan to put a D60 in the rear to compliment my front PR44 and run 38's for a while. I would've been just fine with that, but the fact that Goodyear decided not to produce any Kevlars in 38" and the difficulty I was having getting my hydro assist to fit my PR44 (since I wasn't there to get measurements, etc.), I decided to get D60's front and rear and just go big. The whole thing really snowballed on me. I never intended to go this big, but looking back, I'm glad I did. She's a beast, that's for sure.

I haven't gotten a good chance to really wheel this rig since the June JKoTM contest that I won. I went out in early July and busted my hydro lines. Got those fixed and hit the trails at Topless for Tatas in early August and one of the guys I was leading broke his ball joints and his wheel fell completely off. A couple hours of recovery later and my wheeling for that day was done. The, I got out again on 15 Sept and I broke my transfer case. That put an abrupt end to my 2012 wheeling season. It all worked out in the end, though. I got my Atlas 4spd now. I'm hoping for an excellent 2013 season now and the JKoTY would put a decent end to this year.

Pictures:

Unread 12-31-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

alexkemple

Engine: AEM Brute Force CAI, Truck Tough 240A High-Output Alternator, MBRP Offroad Exhaust
Suspension: Custom built TerFlex 6" Short arm kit with full FlexArms, built off of their 4" kit, TeraFlex Monster forged front and rear trackbars
Drivetrain: J.E. Reel 1530 Canyon Crawler driveshafts, G2 5.38 axle gears, custom re-built kevlar and billet racing transmission, G2 chromoly axle shafts
Bumpers/armor: Mopar Off-road bumper (custom cut to a stubby), Rugged Ridge XHD Rear with tire carrier (chopped for clearance), M.O.R.E. Evap skid, OffCamber (MBRP) Rock slider rails
Lighting/electrical: Truck-Lites 7" round headlights, Rigid industries Dually (A-pillar and stock fog location), IPCW Led Tail lights, 2 15" Lanzar OptiDrive 1532D subs on a 10000W Absolute amp, Rugged Ridge dual battery tray with 2 Optima red tops, Led entry lights, Green led "fun" lights, Cobra 29 Lx Le CB radio, custom built army green 6.5" speaker door enclosures
Recovery: Warn 9.5ti with 100' MasterPull synthetic line, Hi-Lift X-treme jack, Bubba rope, and a shovel
Tires: 37X13.50R17 Toyo Open Country M/T on 17X8.5 Method Race wheels
Other: Tuffy security tray, Tuffy overhead console, MasterCraft 5-point race harnesses, TrailMods fenders (they're coming off in the next week and being replaced with Poison Spyder Crusher flares), fire extinguisher

I got this Jeep 2 years ago... I have wanted a Jeep ever since my mom's best friend pulled up in his CJ7 when I was 8... He recently died unexpectedly and I began modifying anf upgrading the Jeep to do the same things that he told me stories about... This Jeep is a tribute to him. Thank you Mark Holland for the inspiration!

JTPhoto

Mods: TF 2.5" lift with RK 3.5" front springs, AEV Premium front
bumper, 35x12.50x17 PitBull Rockers on BlackRock Viper wheels, LightForce
Stryker 170 lights, Hamsar HO LED spots.
Story: The new look after a traffic accident this summer...

Wildthang54

37 inch Mickey Thompsons on a 4 inch lift

Hokies2010

Mods:
Black 2011 JKU Rubicon, 6spd
5.5" RK X-Factor Plus Mid Arm (3.5") Springs
Rock Krawler RRD Shocks
Poly Performance Inner/Outer Sleeves, C-Gussets and HD Ball Joints
Poly Performance Front and Rear Driveshafts
Superior 5.13 Gears
ARB Diff Cover
Reid HD Racing Knuckles
37 x 12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" MB72s
ACE Flat Fenders
JCR Dagger Front Stubby Stinger, Rear Stubby Bumper and Stage 2 Sliders
Warn 9.5 cti w/Synthetic line
OR-Fab Swing Away Tire Carrier w/Fuel Can mounts and 3rd Brake Light
Cobra 19 DXIV w/FireStick

Story:
I purchased my JKUR in March of 2011 and deployed to Afghanistan in Sept 2011. When I deployed the JKU was completely stock. Over the 6 months I was gone I spend countless hours here on JF reading about other member Jeeps and builds. The information and advice gained was priceless and around X-Mas I had started purchasing my mods. I redeployed home in March and began my build. It unfortunately took me longer than I had wanted to get a lot done. I had wanted to get my JKU into the Apr contest but life and work tends to slow us down. I was able to finally get my build caught up to the to the mountain of parts I had in my garage just in time for next deployment here in the beginning of Sept.

ArticRubi

I found this JK in August 2011, it's a 2008 and it had just 8,500 miles on it. Beautiful. I've always had go fast cars and full sized trucks but as soon as I took this thing off road I knew I was hooked. Build started very soon after with several suspension variations, and one regretful initial wheel and tire combo. I taught myself to weld on this heep and have continued pushing my limits both in the shop and on the trail. She is mostly a trailer queen these days, but still gets plenty of seat time as I usually schedule runs 2 or 3 times a month. We love getting out for a long weekend of camping and wheeling! I have her in the shop now currently undertaking a pretty significant project, hopefully I'll be finished in time to enter a JKOTM by next wheeling season!

Drivetrain:
* RIPP Gen II Supercharger
* RIPP Long Tube Headers
* Hushpower resonator
* Woods 1310 double carden drive shafts
* Front Axle: Dana 44, 4.88's, RCV's, Reid Knuckles, Synergy ball joints, Currie 1 5/8" 4130 tie rod, sleeved, gusseted inner knuckles, trussed
* Rear Axle: Dana 44, 4.88's, Ten Factory chromo shafts, trussed

Suspension:
* Rock Krawler 3.5" 3-link long arm front and rear
* 12" travel 2 5/8" RK coilovers front, 12" travel 2" RK emulsion shocks and 3.5" linear RK springs rear
* Homebrew bump stop brackets with Daystar 2" urethane bumps
* Synergy HD track bar brackets

Rolling:
* 37x12.50 Maxxis Trepador Competition Stickies
* 17x9.5" Spyderlocks @ 3.5" backspace

Armor and Recovery:
* River Raider full corners with ORO's
* River Raider sliders
* River Raider front tube fenders
* River Raider skids
* PSC Rock Brawler front and rear bumpers
* Synergy weld in roll cage
* Warn 9.5cti winch
* Cheap-o Uniden CB with a Firestick

Others:
* Wild Boar Fastback hard top...basically sits in my garage, it's way too nice for me
* Bestop soft doors
* Bestop bikini top, ripped to hell with smashed door surrounds. It's not a functional slider.
* Kenwood head unit so I can rage on the trails

GeorgiaJK07

*Suspension & Tires*
Rough Country 3.5" Series II Suspension Kit
N2.0 Series Shocks
18” Moto Metal 961, Custom Painted to match
35" TOYO Open Country Tires

*Armor*
Rugged Ridge XHD Modular front bumper w/ Pre-Runner guard
Smittybilt SRC Rocker Guards
Smittybilt SRC Rear Bumper

*Recovery*
Warn 9000lb Wireless Winch

*Misc.*
Bushwacker flat flares
IPC LED Smoked Tail lights and 3rd brake light
Custom matte black decals
Hi-Jack w/ rear roll bar mount
Eyelids & Grill inserts
I bought my first jeep almost 2 years ago, I had been driving a 87 ford bronco that i was dropping money into since i was 16 just to keep it running. I enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps in 2008 and deployed to Marjah, Afghanistan in the Helmand Province in 2010-2011. Saving all the extra pay i was receiving, i returned home and purchased my first jeep in March 2011 and sold my 87 bronco severel months later for $3,500 and used every penny of it for modiifications. A wrangler was something that i was always interested in even before i could drive and when the 4 door unlimited was introduced i was determined to have one. This was a reward to myself after completing my enlistment in the USMC and its a memorial to all my brothers who have served and those who didnt make it back. We lost 17 and took hundreds wounded in action, definitely something i will never forget and my Jeep is a memorial for them. I take pride in doing all the extra mods myself here in Chattanooga, TN.

Well there we have it!
The best of 2012
Happy New Year Everybody
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
xflstl
2010 JK Wrangler 

Wooo-hooo Good Luck to all!!!!!!!!!
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:47 PM   #4
jeeperjk
Web Wheeler
2009 JK Wrangler 

... and remember, a vote for me is a vote for the 2nd Amendment!

Ooops, sorry, I'm practicing for when I retire.

Vote for me!
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:48 PM   #5
jeeperjk
Web Wheeler
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xflstl View Post
Wooo-hooo Good Luck to all!!!!!!!!!
Good luck and nice rig!
Unread 01-01-2013, 01:54 AM   #6
Drix
1995 YJ Wrangler 

very nice rigs GL to all and Happy New Year!
95' YJ 4" lift 33"x12.5r15's D30/8.8 locked with 4:88's
USMC Jeep Club #6
"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918
Unread 01-01-2013, 02:03 AM   #7
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Molshove when I first came to the forum last year you were very helpful towards me and my new build offering advice and help. You got my vote man, goodluck! All the other rigs are really nice ! Just gotta support someone to encourage my build from the start.... Plus his rig is sweet and he isn't asking for votes like jeeperjk, disqualified ?

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Unread 01-01-2013, 04:32 AM   #8
KenHawk

2013 JK Wrangler 

I was there the day XFLSTL launched his Jeep! It's a very cool rig.
Unread 01-01-2013, 06:27 AM   #9
maniacal_rick
2012 JK Wrangler 

Lots of 2 doors in the JOTY. Good Luck!
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #10
Jeepin_Dad
I Like TATAs
2007 JK Wrangler 

Voted for my fellow Topless for TATAs trail guide jeeperjk. Shameless Plug - If anyone is interested registration for Topless for Tatas is now open.

https://events.r20.constantcontact.c...82e2f083&oseq=
Unread 01-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #11
GhostTownRubi
2013 JK Wrangler 

Great looking rigs...Good Luck to all. Giving me some good ideas.
Unread 01-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #12
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45º 36.663' W 123º 20.935', Oregon
Voted for DrHolliday, I've has a few great runs with him and his Jeep
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
Unread 01-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #13
Brightwhite
2012 JK Wrangler 

XFLSTL! Your rig is frickin sweet! I'm working towards something similar in black an white.
Unread 01-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #14
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB

2008 JK Wrangler 

I voted for myself, because I'm an arrogant SOB and I think my JunK is the best Definitely some nice rigs in the lineup, good luck to all!!

Build Thread

Need parts? Need product advice? Contact Jason at Krawl Off-Road
Unread 01-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #15
Chief602
2012 JK Wrangler 

These are all sweet. anybody want to guess what the total $$$ amount that has been invested in all 12 rigs? This Jeep passion thing is awesome.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.