model year differences? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > model year differences?

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 07-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
consfearacy
2007 JK Wrangler 

model year differences?

noob question here. anyone know what has changed with each year of JK?
at some point the soft top changed design.
i know there were other small changes.
warranty options for each model year?

have searched here and around the web with no luck

consfearacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 12:21 PM   #2
camo660grizzly
2009 JK Wrangler 

07 08 are different from 09 10
Unread 07-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #3
06dak
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo660grizzly View Post
07 08 are different from 09 10
What is different? Just the top, or more than that...

Wish the answers to these things were in the FAQ sticky - would be quite handy later on when everyone starts buying JKs used!
06dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 10:23 PM   #4
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

The biggest changes are with the top's!
In 2009 they changed the front latch position on the hard top and in 2010 they changed the soft-top connection to the door surounds.
Everything else has been very minor and would still be interchangeable with all four years of JK!

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
joe002
2008 JK Wrangler 

My ’08 steering stabilizer was leaking so I want to the Dealer and looked at the 2010s on the lot and noticed they have a different bracket and a different stabilizer. The part department didn’t have the “old” stabilizer and I would have had to purchase a new bracket and stabilizer to replace my broken one.

I know in the ‘09+ the small alignment hole behind the gas cap cover is off by 90° and so the Mopar gas cap cover is not interchangeable.

I hear the 2010 automatic cuts fuel to the engine during deceleration (to increase increases gas mileage).

A list of all of the changes would be nice.
AEV Pintlers, BFG KM2s 35x12.50x17, Bulldog Fab Stubby Bump, Currie F/R Adj Trac Bars, Daystar Upper Dash, FireStik FireFly antenna, Kilby Rear Shock Skids, LoD Sig Stubby Bump, Midland 75-822 CB, Mopar Filler Door & Locking Gas Cap, Rancho LCA Skids, Rancho Oil Pan Armor, Riddler Diff Covers, custom Rubi Sliders, Sylvania X-treme Headlights, TeraFlex 2.5" Spring Lift, Warn PowerPlant HD, Woods Evap Can Relo, Woods SS Relo, Yukon 5.38s
joe002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 05:05 PM   #6
consfearacy
2007 JK Wrangler 

i was really looking for specifics. i heard that traction control was only an option on '07, after '08 its standard. don't know if that is true, but stuff like that. i am in the market and not in any rush. the TJ forum has a sticky with everything you could want to know, cant find any info on JKs.
consfearacy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.