Modder building a custom Show Jeep -- give us your suggestions!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Modder building a custom Show Jeep -- give us your suggestions!!

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 12-13-2011, 11:00 PM   #16
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

All seem like good options I think it just comes down to wallet and personal pref.

Edit: And if only I could decide on some bumpers.

Unread 12-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #17
jkdood
2012 JK Wrangler 

Great stuff, guys! Much appreciated!

The aim is more Safari than Moab, so the Kevlar is there for brush more than bouncing off boulders. Lift/bumpers/winch (I know, Warn only) are the key areas.

So what about MBRP bumpers... we're looking at those and they look great... what does everyone think of those?

THX!

--KH
jkdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 08:13 AM   #18
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdood

The aim is more Safari than Moab, so the Kevlar is there for brush more than bouncing off boulders. Lift/bumpers/winch (I know, Warn only) are the key areas.

So what about MBRP bumpers... we're looking at those and they look great... what does everyone think of those?

THX!

--KH
I don't know that I have seen them...I'll take a look when I'm near a computer
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 08:15 AM   #19
BLK2000TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdood View Post

THX!

--KH
To me if your building a "safari" or expedition Jeep AEV is the way to go with bumpers and lift. They have a lot of accessories for their rear bumper.
BLK2000TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 08:23 AM   #20
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Saw the MBRP bumpers in a mag today. You just reminded me I want to check them out as well. The look sharp
Unread 12-14-2011, 08:35 AM   #21
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm not a huge fan of the design...like BLK said, at least as far as full width bumpers go, the AEV is better looking than the MBRP...

I'm not a huge fan of full width bumpers, but these are especially ugly (IMO), and their stubby is pretty hideous too...

Second from the bottom is AEVs full width premium bumper, and the very bottom is a much more cost effective ARB full width, which unlike the rest, doesnt have bolt on clevis mounts...
mbrp1.jpg   mbrp2.jpg   mbrp3.jpg   aev1.jpg   arb1.jpg  

Unread 12-14-2011, 08:39 AM   #22
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

AEV is nice for the overland type wheeling but very pricey. Not sure if that is a factor for you... What about the Modular XHD from Rugged Ridge?

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 08:39 AM   #23
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

If you're going to up the coin on the bumpers, I like genrights gear a lot...this one is aluminum, but is available in steel for $200 less @ $699
genright.jpg  
Unread 12-14-2011, 08:40 AM   #24
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road View Post
AEV is nice for the overland type wheeling but very pricey. Not sure if that is a factor for you... What about the Modular XHD from Rugged Ridge?

-Jason
You watch your mouth with that four-letter Chinese word, Jason

We're trying to get him away from smittybilt/Rugged Ridge/Superwinch, etc

Edit: For the road warrior on a budget, Rugged Ridge isn't bad....but as a show Jeep, nobody other than Rugged Ridge should have their bumpers bolted on. As a Jeep-enthusiast consumer, I would chuckle to myself and walk right by...just sayin
Unread 12-14-2011, 08:45 AM   #25
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

^^^^Agree

Stay with better quality. The MBRP bumper I saw was a stinger that looked alright. Than GenRight bumper looks a bit intense.
Unread 12-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #26
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

The JCR Offroad stuff is beautiful and comes bare metal, which would make your kevlar coating idea much easier to complete.

I'd go that route if I had the $ to do whatever I pleased....
Unread 12-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #27
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

LOL my bad... maybe it is the meds talking? On "OTHER" forums, we have had a lot of guys asking about them. I do like their little locking cubby endcaps. Dont think they would ever find their way on our JK but then again, neither would AEV...

Okay, going back to reading so I stay out of trouble until I am feeling better... Carry on.

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 09:21 AM   #28
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road View Post
LOL my bad... maybe it is the meds talking? On "OTHER" forums, we have had a lot of guys asking about them. I do like their little locking cubby endcaps. Dont think they would ever find their way on our JK but then again, neither would AEV...

Okay, going back to reading so I stay out of trouble until I am feeling better... Carry on.

-Jason
Angry meds
Unread 12-14-2011, 09:49 AM   #29
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

jkdood - ya'll have your work cut out for you. In building a show vehicle the object being to sell units so pupose being to grab the attention of as many people as possible you have to have "something for everyone" (that approach was easier with a ferrari replica kit as my experience was - basically the "options" came down to big block, small block, auto or 4 speed, 6 speed, super, turbo or natural, color and brakes). But with as utility a veh as the Jeep you have the rock crowd, the desert crowd, the expedition crowd, the mud crowd, the speed (SCORE not dope) crowd etc.

The problem is that most manufacturers stuff is a "matched set" so to speak. So the mix and match approach can get tricky when shape and functions are so far different between manufacturer. I have the poison spider rocker knockers, rock hard pans, garmin bumpers - some clash in design but it ends up working - but mudder don't like the pans, rocker don't like the bumpers etc.

good luck! maybe photoshop to mix and match parts first?
Unread 12-14-2011, 09:55 AM   #30
breljohn
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
If you're going to up the coin on the bumpers, I like genrights gear a lot...this one is aluminum, but is available in steel for $200 less @ $699
I love GenRight products. I have no experience with them. How good are they (for offroad use)? Thanks

They look great!
breljohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice , bar , lift , suggestions , winch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.