Mixing gear brands - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mixing gear brands

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 03-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #1
wranglerboy13
2012 JK Wrangler 

Mixing gear brands

So I am looking into regearing my 2012 jku sahara to 4.10. The problem I am having is tracking down the gears themselves. I have found one for D30 from alloy USA and one from G2 for D44. I would hate to mix and match but I have googled a million times looking for 4.10 and this is the best I could come up with. I assume that because the ratio is the same it shouldn't theoretically be an issue but it is a strange thing to do. Just want some others thoughts on this. And remember I want to do the same brand front and back but I can't find them. This isn't a stupid money saving sceme. Thanks for your thoughts.

wranglerboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

you checked yukon ?
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerboy13 View Post
So I am looking into regearing my 2012 jku sahara to 4.10. The problem I am having is tracking down the gears themselves. I have found one for D30 from alloy USA and one from G2 for D44. I would hate to mix and match but I have googled a million times looking for 4.10 and this is the best I could come up with. I assume that because the ratio is the same it shouldn't theoretically be an issue but it is a strange thing to do. Just want some others thoughts on this. And remember I want to do the same brand front and back but I can't find them. This isn't a stupid money saving sceme. Thanks for your thoughts.
Alloy USA offers 4.10's for the D30 and D44 for your JK

Here are the rear ones
Here are the fronts

We offer a discount for active Jeepforum members as well as free shipping on order of $75 or more so hit me up with a PM and I can get you the code or any other help you might need!

-Zach
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
MigueloP

save some bucks

http://www.4ws.com/jeep-wrangler-jk-...ront-rear.html

They are yukon
MigueloP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #5
wranglerboy13
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks guys. I am a little embarrassed that you all found them so quickly. I was searching for online 4X4 shops that ship to canada so that may have been my downfall. Also I called the local gear shop in my city and I was quoted $3950 for a gear swap to either 4.10 or 4.56. So lets just say its cheaper for me to trade in my sahara for a rubicon. LAME!!!!
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #6
wranglerboy13
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTerrain View Post
Alloy USA offers 4.10's for the D30 and D44 for your JK

Here are the rear ones
Here are the fronts

We offer a discount for active Jeepforum members as well as free shipping on order of $75 or more so hit me up with a PM and I can get you the code or any other help you might need!

-Zach
Do you guys ship to canada?
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #7
wranglerboy13
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentastarguy View Post
you checked yukon ?
Yah I did. Didn't have any luck. On their website anyhow
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #8
wranglerboy13
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigueloP View Post
They are not available in 4.10 only 4.88 and 5.13
Unread 03-08-2013, 01:20 AM   #9
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

http://www.northridge4x4.ca/jeep-dri...-package-deals

One-stop-shop. Tell them what you want and they'll quote and send it to you with free shipping. The ONLY place to shop in Canada for Jeep parts.

Stock ratios tend to be expensive (ie. 4.10's)

Too bad you're in AB, I've got all the tools to do a regear, lol.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #10
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerboy13 View Post
Do you guys ship to canada?
Unfortunately, we don't right now. If you had an address in the US we could ship them for free, but right now we can't ship outside the US.

-Zach
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #11
jadmt
2013 JK Wrangler 

don't forget if you have 3.21 stock you will need a new front carrier as well.
jadmt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #12
jadmt
2013 JK Wrangler 

I can not see why it would matter front vs rear I know some manufacturers have a reputation for being noisey but as far as actual function there would be no issue as long as gear ration is the same. I am in the same boat I want 4.10's not 4.56 or 4.88. I have 33" tires which I like and spend a lot of time traveling 75-80mph so 4.10's are max I want to go.
jadmt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #13
RWKHausSupply
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
don't forget if you have 3.21 stock you will need a new front carrier as well.
Not only a carrier but also Spider gears. Everyone will sell you the pre JK D30 front carrier (fits perfecly as the outside diam. are all the same and spot on), but the spider gear area inside the carrier is not the same so you will need pre JK internals also.

Just FYI that some shops dont know and leave you high and dry on install day, when you think you have everything.
RWKHausSupply is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #14
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
I can not see why it would matter front vs rear I know some manufacturers have a reputation for being noisey but as far as actual function there would be no issue as long as gear ration is the same. I am in the same boat I want 4.10's not 4.56 or 4.88. I have 33" tires which I like and spend a lot of time traveling 75-80mph so 4.10's are max I want to go.
2800 @ 75 Auto in Overdrive with stock Rubi 31s running 5.13 (shade under 3000 @80) ... not sure what the concern is... 75 is 3700 in 1:1 drive for passing. Very doable. From 4.10 to 4.56 is less than 500 RPM @70mph. Most people speed wander THAT much (if they're in front of me even more it seems) anyway.

I simply deplored the 31's with 4:10, my first impression was gutless under 2000 rpm... LOVE the zip of the 5.13s and 31s!!! I run 35s from late March to early november (trail ready) and 31's in winter (work vehicle). Negligible (<1) difference in hiway mpg... actually improves around town - less throttle to get moving.

Of course 90mph is a no go if downshift is needed to hold it... with either tire! (the 35 putbulls aren't happy over 70 anyway).
Unread 03-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #15
wranglerboy13
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWKHausSupply View Post

Not only a carrier but also Spider gears. Everyone will sell you the pre JK D30 front carrier (fits perfecly as the outside diam. are all the same and spot on), but the spider gear area inside the carrier is not the same so you will need pre JK internals also.

Just FYI that some shops dont know and leave you high and dry on install day, when you think you have everything.
Yah I can't believe how uninformed the "4X4" shops are around me. I dont like having minimal info on an install and I am the one explaining to the guy what I need as far as details. Scary. Doesn't matter now, I was quoted at 3 different shops at $4000 so I guess I will be trading my beloved sahara for a rubicon somewhere along the line before I lift and add 35's. Such a crappy way to start a weekend. I can't even explain how disappointed I am.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.