Missing courtesy Lamps - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Missing courtesy Lamps

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-19-2007, 08:37 AM   #16
shawl

Courtesy lights

I just got back from local dealer and they looked up the underhood light and when you try to order the light a window pops up stating that the underhood light is not a standard option as of XXXX/2007. I had them pull up the Jeep web site and showed them that it is listed as standard equipment. They agreed to install the underhood lamp. I couldn't get them to do anything with the footwell light. I'm not really concerned about the footwell lamp as the lights in the roll bar are adequate for the situation. Chrysler needs to update their web site if they don't plan on complying with the standard equipment list. Thanks for the post, Mike

shawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2007, 10:53 AM   #17
JRunner01
2007 JK Wrangler 

Help Help

Hi guys…

For those of you who have gotten the dealerships to add the missing under the hood courtesy light, did your dealership have to update any software in the computer to enable power to be supplied to this light OR enable some other area in the truck?

According to my dealer, they added the light, but cannot get power to it using the supplied wiring that had previously existed in the hood. After they initially installed the light and it did not work, they had no idea why and claimed maybe they needed a software update to enable this option in the computer which would allow power to be supplied to it. After two weeks, they got a software update from STAR? \ Chrysler, and I went back a second time for the update, but that did not work either. They said it did not give them an option for the courtesy light under the hood in the software, as an enable \ disable option, so they are not surprised that it did not work, but have no idea how to get it to work. They are supposed to be looking into it further and will get back to me.

The tech said at this point, the only way he could make it work is if he wired a separate power line from the battery, which I don’t agree with since the wiring is already there and it should work with that wiring.

Any info greatly appreciated…

Tks…
JRunner01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2007, 11:08 AM   #18
HG97TJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spolebitski
I know many people have been reporting missing courtesy lamps from under the hood and driver side foot well. When I picked up the vehicle (December) I noticed the wires under the hood and they swapped a lamp from another vehicle. I did not have a lamp in the driver side foot well. I contacted Chrysler they said it was listed on my vehicles parts but I need to contact the dealer to have this taken care of. When I contacted the dealer they said in the days after I picked up my vehicle they received a TSB stating that they were discontinuing the courtesy lamps (thus is I originally did not have the lamps to begin with).

Bottom line is that the dealer is saying these curtsey lamps are no longer available on the vehicles. What do you think? I could not find the TSB (Online) but then again I do not work in service either. If you took delivery did you have the courtesy lamps or were they missing?
I just got back from the dealer. They installed the missing footwell courtesy light, no questions asked. Wasn't even the same dealer where i bought it back in November.

I installed the missing hood light myself. The dealer mailed it to me shorthly after I took delivery when I told them it was missing.
2.5" TF coil lift - Bilstein shocks | 35" BFG AT's on AEV Pintlers | TeraFlex HD Monster front track bar | TF Lower control arms | Rugged Ridge XHD winch bumper | Superwinch EP9 | AEV Procal | Cobra CB
HG97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2007, 11:30 AM   #19
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HG97TJ
I just got back from the dealer. They installed the missing footwell courtesy light, no questions asked. Wasn't even the same dealer where i bought it back in November.

I installed the missing hood light myself. The dealer mailed it to me shorthly after I took delivery when I told them it was missing.
Cool, I'm obviously missing both as well, so I'll get my dealer to sort them out.
Unread 02-14-2007, 12:28 PM   #20
Kellyoferin

2007 JK Wrangler 

Can't find these courtsey lamps listed as standard on http://www.jeep.com/index.html?
Kellyoferin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2007, 12:30 PM   #21
boidy7

my dealer said he didn't know anything about this and wouldn't do anything till there was a TSB for it. So needless to say I don't know what to do!
boidy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2007, 02:03 PM   #22
caliwankers

Quote:
Originally Posted by boidy7
my dealer said he didn't know anything about this and wouldn't do anything till there was a TSB for it. So needless to say I don't know what to do!
http://www.jeep.ca/en/common/pdf/specs_wrangler.pdf

This is the Jeep Brochure. If you go to page 6, towards the top, it lists LAMPs, courtesy drivers side as standard on all Unlimited's.

Cali
18" Wheels
Dual Top Group
6 Speed
caliwankers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2007, 02:10 PM   #23
boidy7

Thanks Cali, I shall try this tomm. when I get my first oil change
Unread 02-14-2007, 04:26 PM   #24
redrom01
JCOB-4-LIFE

2007 JK Wrangler 

You know I Thought it was strange when I was missing those lamps also but now im gonna be headed down to the dealer tomorrow to get them to install them.

______o00o
/__l_l_,\____\,__
l_---l_l__l----[ ]llllll[ ]
._(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)__

-Current Jeep-
2007 JK Rubi (Steel Blue)
Searching for an MJ

|¯¯l,[___],
l---L--OlllllllO¬
=~~~==oo==
()_) ()_)--<>-)_)
redrom01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 12:08 PM   #25
boidy7

My dealer will do ABSOLUTELY nothing about this and it's starting to p**s me off. anyone have any advice for what i should do. they are saying DC is telling them the hood lamps are not available anymore for '07 Jeep Wranglers. I DO NOT understand why some will have them and some won't!
Unread 02-16-2007, 05:39 PM   #26
JRunner01
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boidy7
My dealer will do ABSOLUTELY nothing about this and it's starting to p**s me off. anyone have any advice for what i should do. they are saying DC is telling them the hood lamps are not available anymore for '07 Jeep Wranglers. I DO NOT understand why some will have them and some won't!
The bottom line is DC stopped making these lights standard equip sometime back in October 06, so that is why some have them and some dont. IF you complain enough to your dealership as well as find some literature that states they are standard equip, and show this to them, you MIGHT get them to pay for the parts and install it, as did I. About a month ago these were still listed as standard options on the jeep website, but I believe they have recently been removed in order to match what DC is telling everyone, that they stopped this std equip back in October.

As I said, I got these lights installed, but my dealer is having problems getting the under hood light to work (see post above)

To those that got their under hood light installed, did the dealer do anything special with software updates to get this light to work?? I read someone here installed this light themselves, and wondering what that person did to get it to work.

Any help greatly appreciated...

Tks...
JRunner01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 06:40 PM   #27
DirtyJeepJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

i don't seem to have any working courtesy lights. i'm sure it won't be a big deal for the Dealer to fix.
DirtyJeepJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 07:57 PM   #28
redrom01
JCOB-4-LIFE

2007 JK Wrangler 

Yeah and the dealer doesnt seem to wanna fix mine either

______o00o
/__l_l_,\____\,__
l_---l_l__l----[ ]llllll[ ]
._(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)__

-Current Jeep-
2007 JK Rubi (Steel Blue)
Searching for an MJ

|¯¯l,[___],
l---L--OlllllllO¬
=~~~==oo==
()_) ()_)--<>-)_)
redrom01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2007, 06:02 AM   #29
deadspot

I am also curious about the question of whether or not adding the light takes the dealer updating the computer to get power. I have a Dec-built X and I don't have light in the foot well or under the hood. You have to wonder why on a vehicle like a jeep they would opt to stop supplying a light under the hood.
deadspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2007, 09:55 AM   #30
rescuesahara07

underhood light

I bought a sahara unlimited that was built in november 06, i got no underhood lamp and no footwell courtesy light and they are listed as standard equipment on my vehicule. Already talked to the dealer, and he will instal the underhood lamp on my next visit to the dealer, but he's got no idea what to do about the footwell courtesy light because he'got no listing of the part to order.
I've send a request to daimler chrysler and waiting for a reply...

Just got the answer from daimlerchrysler after numerous calls, and the answer is that they discontinued the footwell courtesy light and they can't provide me one........................

Last edited by rescuesahara07; 03-13-2007 at 01:13 PM..
rescuesahara07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.