Missing courtesy Lamps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Missing courtesy Lamps

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 01-04-2007, 03:13 PM   #1
spolebitski

Missing courtesy Lamps

I know many people have been reporting missing courtesy lamps from under the hood and driver side foot well. When I picked up the vehicle (December) I noticed the wires under the hood and they swapped a lamp from another vehicle. I did not have a lamp in the driver side foot well. I contacted Chrysler they said it was listed on my vehicles parts but I need to contact the dealer to have this taken care of. When I contacted the dealer they said in the days after I picked up my vehicle they received a TSB stating that they were discontinuing the courtesy lamps (thus is I originally did not have the lamps to begin with).

Bottom line is that the dealer is saying these curtsey lamps are no longer available on the vehicles. What do you think? I could not find the TSB (Online) but then again I do not work in service either. If you took delivery did you have the courtesy lamps or were they missing?

spolebitski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2007, 04:15 PM   #2
doojer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spolebitski
I know many people have been reporting missing courtesy lamps from under the hood and driver side foot well. When I picked up the vehicle (December) I noticed the wires under the hood and they swapped a lamp from another vehicle. I did not have a lamp in the driver side foot well. I contacted Chrysler they said it was listed on my vehicles parts but I need to contact the dealer to have this taken care of. When I contacted the dealer they said in the days after I picked up my vehicle they received a TSB stating that they were discontinuing the courtesy lamps (thus is I originally did not have the lamps to begin with).

Bottom line is that the dealer is saying these curtsey lamps are no longer available on the vehicles. What do you think? I could not find the TSB (Online) but then again I do not work in service either. If you took delivery did you have the courtesy lamps or were they missing?
Go to jeep.com and print out the "options and upgrades" page for the 2007 Wrangler Unlimited. It clearly lists the footwell and underhood courtesy lamps as standard on every model.
[B][URL="http://my.project-jk.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=9"]2007 JK Unlimited Sahara[/URL][/B] - [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Jeep Green[/B][/COLOR], Auto, 4:10, D30 front/D44 rear, RockCrusher Diff Covers
doojer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2007, 04:50 PM   #3
Rokitt

Mine came with them. The dealer's response does not sound correct to me. I would definantely speak with someone else at the dealer on this matter.
Rokitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2007, 07:07 PM   #4
cmh2001
2013 WK 

Footwell lamp? i didn't know i was supposed to have one...
cmh2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2007, 07:29 PM   #5
spolebitski

Do you have a lamp under your hood?
spolebitski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2007, 07:32 PM   #6
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh2001
Footwell lamp? i didn't know i was supposed to have one...
I believe those are the ones shining down on both the driver's and passenger's feet inside the vehicle.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2007, 04:49 AM   #7
Rokitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky529
I believe those are the ones shining down on both the driver's and passenger's feet inside the vehicle.
Passengers feet ?? uh oh. Im missing that one.
Rokitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2007, 09:02 AM   #8
jeeptj19992001

ask the dealer to show you the tsb......if he can not show you it then get your light
Unread 01-05-2007, 09:56 AM   #9
doojer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokitt
Passengers feet ?? uh oh. Im missing that one.
There is no passenger side footwell light. Only driver's side....
[B][URL="http://my.project-jk.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=9"]2007 JK Unlimited Sahara[/URL][/B] - [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Jeep Green[/B][/COLOR], Auto, 4:10, D30 front/D44 rear, RockCrusher Diff Covers
doojer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2007, 11:06 AM   #10
paul olllllllo
2008 JK Wrangler 

Location: royal oak michigan (hometown of DR. JACK KEVORKIAN)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptj19992001
ask the dealer to show you the tsb......if he can not show you it then get your light

sounds like the dealer is blowing you off. your jeep should have the same "standard" features as the jeeps that they have on the sales lot.....look at the jeeps on your dealers lot and see if they have the light.
Unread 01-08-2007, 10:43 AM   #11
JRunner01
2007 JK Wrangler 

Missing Lamps

I just picked up my 07 Ruby 4dr last week and it too does not have a bulb under the hood. All that exists there is a wire harness zip tied to the hood with an empty socket, which I assume takes a bulb.

Havent checked for a similiar situation under the drivers footwell, but I know I have no light coming from under there.

Does anyone have a wire with a socked under the footwell with no bulb as well?

Thanks...
JRunner01
JRunner01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2007, 11:17 AM   #12
07RUBI
2007 JK Wrangler 

My 2 dr Rubi also just has the harness and no light. I think I read somewhere that a '06 under hood light works with the harness.
07RUBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2007, 11:33 AM   #13
JRunner01
2007 JK Wrangler 

Dealer is requesting a copy of my window sticker to get this issue rectified. Not sure why, the sticker doesn't indicate these two lamps as standard equipment anyway, but the website does. Unless he needs some code from the build plant. Has anyone else got their two lamps added? Also has anyone found a wire harness for the lamp under the driver foot well? I cant find one. Only under the hood I can see one clear as day.
Unread 01-17-2007, 03:33 AM   #14
JoiseyJeff

My 07 had no lamp under the hood either. However when I checked my receipt/invoice from my climate control cable repair I noticed this was on the bill as well:

INSTALL UNDERHOOD LAMP AS PER CHRYSLER
Qty 1 Part 56021441 LAMP UNDE 8014001
Qty 1 Part 6502632 RIVET NON 18050043

Looks like if you are missing the lamp just bring it to the dealer for a free one. They did this without me even asking..........
07JK Sahara Rescue Green
JoiseyJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2007, 05:56 AM   #15
JRunner01
2007 JK Wrangler 

Does anyone have or have gotten installed the lamp under the drivers foot well???

Tks...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.