Missed the Rubi, so we bought another. '09 to '13 comparison - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Missed the Rubi, so we bought another. '09 to '13 comparison

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #1
JWA

Missed the Rubi, so we bought another. '09 to '13 comparison

Hi Guys,

My wife and I bought a Stone White two-door Rubicon in '09. It was fairly well loaded up with most options other than the nav. We both loved it and between the two of us we put more miles on it than any of our other vehicles. Last fall we needed a four-door that my mom could get into so we traded it in on a Grand Cherokee. We've missed it ever since, so we just bought a Bright White 2013 two-door Rubicon. I've always been a sports car guy, but the Wranglers are so much fun in such a variety of situations.

Obviously a lot has changed between the '09 and the '13. The Jeep engineers have been busy and improved on an already great vehicle.

The new interior is very nice and includes fixes for all of the items that we addressed on the old one. They added some storage on the center of the dash above the radio where we had put an aftermarket piece. They also put in a proper armrest on the center console eliminating the need for the extender we put in the '09. We had installed a set of the 2010 sun visors on our old one because they included mirrors (for my wife). We had also swapped to a 2010 soft top to get the easier sunrider function. Both features remain in the 2013. On the '09 my wife hated how hard the headrests were and I complained that there wasn't a proper armrest on the doors, both of which were addressed in the new interior. The many detail touches like the Jeep logos and figures in the window glazing and cupholder and the top hardware storage in the rear are all great too.

The new engine and transmission is welcomed as well. The old engine was fine, but not great. The Pentastar is plenty strong for a Wrangler and the couple extra mpg will be welcomed.

The new Premium cloth soft top is quite nice. Feels and looks great. It's a lot blacker than the vinyl top, and the finished lining on the interior looks a lot better. Seems to be a bit quieter too.

I knew that they enlarged the windows on the hard top, which is a welcomed improvement, but I didn't realize that they also widened the rear window on the soft top. The new arrangement seems to seal a bit better.

I've already ordered all of the misc. parts that we put on our '09 that we still want. The factory stye side steps, factory sill protectors, Rigrip handles, and a powered hidden antenna and Trail Rated badge to fill the antenna mount hole.

It's kinda funny seeing the new one in the garage as it just seems like we have an old friend back. We're looking forward to a whole lot of fun and adventure with the new one.

--Josh

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Congrats on getting back into another wrangler and a í13 at that. I went from a í08 to a í12 so I know the feeling youíre having between the two. What trans did you get, your profile isnít filled out and I didnít see it mentioned in your post? You did say new transmission though so Iím assuming itís an auto.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
JWA

Thanks, we're glad to be back. Yep, auto.

The full details are:

2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Bright White
Black cloth interior
Automatic Transmission
Connectivity group
Power convenience group
UConnect 430N nav
Dual top group
Remote start

I've already installed the factory hitch and wiring kit and will be installing the factory heated seat kit later in the year. Plus the items mentioned in the first post.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.