mirror relocator brackets - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > mirror relocator brackets

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

mirror relocator brackets

I tried to search and it wasn't working for some reason

So I got pulled over for not having a mirror on my left side and ended up spending the night in jail (thread in GD)

Are there any brackets that also work as windshield frame armor?

If not what are the best brackets. I would like to just use harley mirrors if possible. I would stick them in the door hinges but when I have my soft doors on I can't.

Having fog light mounts would be a plus.

sorry for the repost

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
BigRed09
2009 JK Wrangler 

sorry about your luck...

i think olympic makes mirrors that fit with their tube doors and/or in the door hinge area. i'm not sure what doors you have...

Olympic 4x4 Products 117-124 - Olympic 4X4 Products Safari Mirrors for 76-09 Jeep® CJ-5, CJ-7 & CJ-8 Scrambler, Wrangler YJ, TJ, JK & Unlimited - Quadratec
BigRed09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

I have besttop doors. Maybe I can weld a little tube on the hinge and make it work......

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 09-11-2009, 01:17 PM   #4
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Lange Originals 023-111 - Lange Originals Quick Mirror II in Black for 07-09 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

now I'm off to GD to read the story!

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2009, 01:24 PM   #5
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

dang I guess I will just stop putting it off and buy the lange mirrors.

I wish I could get it local.

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 09-11-2009, 01:39 PM   #6
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Just read your thread in GD. Great story lol ;P

If you still wanted to the relocation route the Rugged Ridge relocation kit is nice. The install was a bit of a PITA, but I heard they've improved on it since I got it 2 years ago.
DeepSky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #7
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSky View Post
Just read your thread in GD. Great story lol ;P

If you still wanted to the relocation route the Rugged Ridge relocation kit is nice. The install was a bit of a PITA, but I heard they've improved on it since I got it 2 years ago.
actually I should word that better I don't want it relocated I just want to put new mirrors on.

I bought the lange quick mirror a few minutes ago though

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 09-11-2009, 04:13 PM   #8
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706 View Post
actually I should word that better I don't want it relocated I just want to put new mirrors on.

I bought the lange quick mirror a few minutes ago though
tip... the first time you put them on- before you do so, put silicone sealant in between the aluminum disc (it screws onto the part that mounts to the body).

Reason is that the disc tends to rotate back when going above 40mph. But if you put the sealant on there before hand, then the silicone provides enough friction to prevent it from being pushed back by the wind. But it's not enough friction to prevent you from moving/adjusting it.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.