Mirror with doors off? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mirror with doors off?

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #46
dcramer63
2011 JK Wrangler 

DIY Doors-Off Mirrors

$11 for mirror at Pep Boys, and $2 for the hardware at my local hardware store...

http://www.4x4xplor.com/doorless-mirror.html

Considerable vibration, but I can see objects in the mirror, and it keeps me legal while my doors are off.

dcramer63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #47
aldaman
2012 JK Wrangler 

I've been happy with my DieTech relocation bracket. It utilizes the OEM mirrors. They are vibration free and the passenger mirror is fully functional. I have heard of the other types where the use of the passenger mirror is useless....

aldaman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #48
pnk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Additional Questions

I live in Texas and have heard that driver side mirrors are required. How ever I have also heard tha tonly the rear view mirror is required. Has any one had any experince with the state and regulations?
pnk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #49
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Looks like you need both exterior mirrors:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Title 37, Part 1, Chapter 21, Rule 21.3
(4) Driver rear visibility requirement--To meet this requirement a motor vehicle must be equipped with outside mirrors on both the left and right sides of the vehicle that are located so as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway through each mirror a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of the vehicle.
http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=T&app=9&p_dir=N&p_rloc=1559 68&p_tloc=&p_ploc=1&pg=23&p_tac=&ti=37&pt=1&ch=21& rl=1
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #50
pnk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Thanks dude. Have been looking for the regs but hadn't come up with much. Looks like I need to take a trip to the junk yard and pull some mirrors.
pnk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #51
Keiff
2012 JK Wrangler 

I found this in the Texas Transportation Code:

Sec. 547.602. MIRRORS REQUIRED. A motor vehicle, including a motor vehicle used to tow another vehicle, shall be equipped with a mirror located to reflect to the operator a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet from the rear of the vehicle.

Seems to indicate that your rear-view mirror alone is sufficient in satisfying the requirements. I have no side mirrors and have driven side-by-side with police cars down the road on multiple occasions with no problems. However, I HATE not having side mirrors and plan to address this soon.
Keiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #52
GilNewJeeper
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcramer63 View Post
$11 for mirror at Pep Boys, and $2 for the hardware at my local hardware store...

http://www.4x4xplor.com/doorless-mirror.html

Considerable vibration, but I can see objects in the mirror, and it keeps me legal while my doors are off.
X2, I did the same thing.

GilNewJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #53
carlson
2012 JK Wrangler 

These are the Rugged Ridge mirrors. They do whistle a bit and you really have to tighten them down so they don't move in the wind. The bracket can stay on year around.

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/25699...7001&k=WNRmS9N
35" Goodyear Duratracs
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.