Mirror with doors off? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mirror with doors off?

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 03-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #31
blackmomba
2012 JK Wrangler 

How do you connect the Harley mirrors?

blackmomba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #32
fyr196
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm not sure where the original poster is from, but Illinois doesn't require side mirrors. As long as you have one rear facing mirror your ok in Illinois.
fyr196 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #33
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmomba View Post
Check my post.. it's a lot better method..
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 06:28 AM   #34
paul olllllllo
2008 JK Wrangler 

Location: royal oak michigan (hometown of DR. JACK KEVORKIAN)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmomba View Post
The shaft of the mirror goes through the door hinge hole. tightens with a nut on the bottom of the shaft. 5-7 second install.
Unread 03-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #35
rockytank
2009 JK Wrangler 

I use the Die-Tech Offroad mirror brackets. I like them. Price sucks on them, but they were a gift for Christmas last year, so it's all good then.
rockytank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #36
OH9JK
2009 JK Wrangler 

I run a pair of Harley long stem mirrors. Mounting bracket I fab'd up.

The door hinge location is too low for me to be usable.
2011-08-15_15-57-12_965.jpg   2011-08-15_15-57-30_499.jpg   2011-08-15_15-57-43_103.jpg  
OH9JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #37
CJsPerson
2008 JK Wrangler 

^Nice.

I off road because I have a Jeep. I don't have a Jeep because I off road. Above all my Jeep is a convertible. That's where my love is for the brand ...convertible overkill
CJsPerson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #38
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJsPerson
^Nice.
Agreed...I'm stealing this idea
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #39
AROSETO
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH9JK View Post
I run a pair of Harley long stem mirrors. Mounting bracket I fab'd up.

The door hinge location is too low for me to be usable.
What is that, like a wire loom hold down?
2005 TJ Rubicon 2dr. Khaki Dual top, 4" OME springs w/33" BFG MTs on 16" MotoMetals, Superlift rear adj. Trackbar & JKS front adj., Currie currectlync steering setup, Russel braided Stainless 4" extended brake lines, ARB bull bar w/ Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Garvin Wilderness swing away tire carrier/bumper system w/ trailrack and gas can holders, KC slimlites 130W windshield mounted, Outlaw door hinge mounted mirrors, JKS sway bar discos, TW doublecardan DS, JKS Adj. CA., 4-Hi locker switch mod.

2012 Jeep JK Sport 2dr. Sahara Tan 6sp.

Past Jeeps: 78 Golden Eagle CJ7 304, 85 CJ7 4.2L and 95 YJ 4.0L
AROSETO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #40
GunDude
2011 JK Wrangler 

Do you have more pics of your cj mirrors on your jk. Also, do have them on both sides?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJsPerson View Post
The Harley mirrors are very popular.

I needed a permanent solution and mounted RR CJ style mirrors for a TJ. Works great for me. My hard doors see maybe three months of use a year.

You can get the mirror mount blanks by themselves, I forgot where I got mine but an internet search should give you options. I painted them to match.
GunDude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #41
OH9JK
2009 JK Wrangler 

My brackets are made from a Tee hinge that I picked up at Home Depot for less than $5.00. Cut it to size and shot with a little bedliner.
hinge.jpg  
OH9JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #42
AROSETO
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My brackets are made from a Tee hinge that I picked up at Home Depot for less than $5.00. Cut it to size and shot with a little bedliner.
Ingenious, Thanks!
2005 TJ Rubicon 2dr. Khaki Dual top, 4" OME springs w/33" BFG MTs on 16" MotoMetals, Superlift rear adj. Trackbar & JKS front adj., Currie currectlync steering setup, Russel braided Stainless 4" extended brake lines, ARB bull bar w/ Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Garvin Wilderness swing away tire carrier/bumper system w/ trailrack and gas can holders, KC slimlites 130W windshield mounted, Outlaw door hinge mounted mirrors, JKS sway bar discos, TW doublecardan DS, JKS Adj. CA., 4-Hi locker switch mod.

2012 Jeep JK Sport 2dr. Sahara Tan 6sp.

Past Jeeps: 78 Golden Eagle CJ7 304, 85 CJ7 4.2L and 95 YJ 4.0L
AROSETO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2012, 06:40 AM   #43
CJsPerson
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunDude View Post
Do you have more pics of your cj mirrors on your jk. Also, do have them on both sides?
Yea. Both sides are done. Iím in a two mirror state so to drop the windshield I had too. I do have more pictures.

I off road because I have a Jeep. I don't have a Jeep because I off road. Above all my Jeep is a convertible. That's where my love is for the brand ...convertible overkill
CJsPerson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #44
socal_rubi

Quote:
Beautiful, simple, elegant design and execution. Good job, and thanks for sharing. I know how I'll be doing mine.
socal_rubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #45
Mohsen95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I had been looking for a good solution for mirrors with doors off for my YJ and I just don't seem to find a good one.

so I thought to myself "why not use the door hinges without the doors, and then install the factory mirros on the same the same way when the doors are on" and in my opinion this worked out very well.

see the images that show how I have the mirrors installed.
mirror-fr-inside.jpg   mirror-fr.jpg   mirror-lf.jpg   mirror-lr.jpg   mirror-rr.jpg  

Mohsen95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.