Mirror with doors off? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mirror with doors off?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
blackmomba
2012 JK Wrangler 

Mirror with doors off?

Wondering what you guys do for mirrors when you take the doors off? Just want something cheap

blackmomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
WXman
2001 WJ 

I just ordered a single Rugged Ridge brand mirror for the driver's side a little while ago. It was only $35 bucks..and attaches to the windshield frame. When I take the doors off, the mirror attaches with a hand screw. Looks simple, effective, and cheap...and I don't have to fool with relocating the factory mirrors all the time.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
TX07
2009 JK Wrangler 

I went to the Harley Davidson store here and ventured back to the service department. Asked if they had some old junk mirrors they were going to throw away and they provided me with a pair for free. Try that. They fit just like the ones you can order elsewhere.
TX07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

harley mirrors...but the only ones they had in black were as expensive as ordering a set of the lange quick mirror IIs...

What have you guys done to fill in the hole on the door? I know the relo-kits come with a plug for the door, but I don't want to relocate my mirrors...I want to perma-use the quick mirrors. Sorry for the highjack, OP
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #5
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Here's a pic of the drivers side with mirror in...
forumrunner_20120313_144122.jpg  
Unread 03-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #6
paul olllllllo
2008 JK Wrangler 

Location: royal oak michigan (hometown of DR. JACK KEVORKIAN)
Blackmomba, Best advice I ever got on this forum is to go to the harley store and buy a mirror there for 20 bucks. The mirror simply goes through the door hinge and is held in by a nut on the bottom. 5 second install. Saves you from getting those "really cool" looking mirror re-locators. When you aren't using it, just toss that baby in the cargo area until you need it.
Unread 03-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #7
tclaremont
2014 JK Wrangler 

I have a set of Harley mirrors I can sell. They were used maybe three tires. PM if interested.
-------------------------------------
tclaremont is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #8
Apostle
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
harley mirrors...but the only ones they had in black were as expensive as ordering a set of the lange quick mirror IIs...

What have you guys done to fill in the hole on the door? I know the relo-kits come with a plug for the door, but I don't want to relocate my mirrors...I want to perma-use the quick mirrors. Sorry for the highjack, OP
have you considered take the stock mirror off the base and putting this one in its place? only held on by a bolt. stick out quite a bit, and probably look goofy as f*ck, but the hole on the door would be covered

[CENTER]You'll get over it[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire[/SIZE]
Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #9
JoeSchroeduh
2012 JK Wrangler 

I just went to the Harley store and picked some up, but they only had chrome and the stems aren't quite long enough for me to be comfortable. I think I'm going to order something off amazon... I'm kinda liking these

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Motorcycle-Rearview-Davidson-Kawasaki/dp/B006GZH9QQ/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_5

I like that they are a female thread, so I don't have to worry about the length of the stem, I can just buy a longer bolt if I need it. And they have a more aggressive look, which I like as well.
JoeSchroeduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #10
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle

have you considered take the stock mirror off the base and putting this one in its place? only held on by a bolt. stick out quite a bit, and probably look goofy as f*ck, but the hole on the door would be covered
Put what, the Harley mirror in its place, or the quick mirror? I think you're right...it would look pretty goofy lol. I'm going to call rugged ridge and see if they will sell the hole plugs individually
Unread 03-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #11
Swifty
2012 JK Wrangler 

I used the extra set of mirrors from my Ninja 500. Add a nut and bolt and all is done. I can see plenty well as they are slightly convex glass.
Unread 03-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #12
CJsPerson
2008 JK Wrangler 

The Harley mirrors are very popular.

I needed a permanent solution and mounted RR CJ style mirrors for a TJ. Works great for me. My hard doors see maybe three months of use a year.

You can get the mirror mount blanks by themselves, I forgot where I got mine but an internet search should give you options. I painted them to match.

I off road because I have a Jeep. I don't have a Jeep because I off road. Above all my Jeep is a convertible. That's where my love is for the brand ...convertible overkill
CJsPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #13
Gcana333
2012 JK Wrangler 

Cj, someone told me these mirrors shake like crazy and don't stay in place. I have been considering these but was taken a back by my last thread like this.
Gcana333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #14
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

STAY AWAY FROM RUGGED RIDGE. I had this mirror for a year and it makes loud noises and will fall apart before the first year. Head to autozone, and buy their instock mirror:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...ier=31963_0_0_

Stable, quiet, perfect!
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #15
08Titan
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaremont View Post
I have a set of Harley mirrors I can sell. They were used maybe three tires. PM if interested.
I tried to pm you and it said your box is full. Can you pm me details and the price please?

2005 WK Limited 4.7, QTII, Midnight blue pearlcoat. (Hers)
08Titan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.