Miles to the gallon - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Miles to the gallon

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 02-26-2007, 06:54 PM   #16
HellifIknow

Good Lord that's lousey mileage. I know it's a Jeep, but 14-17 mpg? The CJ5 I bought off the lot in 1981 got 16 mpg. I hope y'all are all driving Rubicon Unlimiteds w/ 37's, 4.10, Hardtops, and a couple of anvils in the back.

Last edited by HellifIknow; 02-26-2007 at 07:05 PM..
HellifIknow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2007, 07:19 PM   #17
DirtyJeepJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellifIknow
Good Lord that's lousey mileage. I know it's a Jeep, but 14-17 mpg? The CJ5 I bought off the lot in 1981 got 16 mpg. I hope y'all are all driving Rubicon Unlimiteds w/ 37's, 4.10, Hardtops, and a couple of anvils in the back.
i read that and had a real good laugh. good timing since i just got home from work. ( i'm driving a Rubi with 4.10's and one anvil in the back and i'm getting closer to 18 ).
DirtyJeepJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2007, 08:47 AM   #18
unlimitedgrizz

on my 4 dr. X i am getting around 16.9-17.2, alot of country driving in deep snow) plan on hwy driving today will check after 50 miles or so
unlimitedgrizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2007, 09:03 AM   #19
JoeBlevins

Remember, compare the actual miles driven to the amount of case used, not just the MPG given off of the trip computer. They can/will differ.
Unread 03-08-2007, 09:10 AM   #20
deadspot

(X 4DR, Auto, 17" wheels) - I get just under 17 with 18 at the high end and 16 at the low end... mixed driving. Those numbers are from using the trip odometer and gallons used (i.e. calculator) - It seems the computer isn't all that accurate...it is usually a bit more optimistic...
deadspot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2007, 09:20 AM   #21
Chip 7857

I get 10 mpg, off road in low range, in a 4 door Rubicon, brand new. Love the bigger gas tank.
Unread 03-08-2007, 09:23 AM   #22
TJinaJK

I like to go to the Fuel Economy site and keep track of my mileage there.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/
TJinaJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2007, 09:28 AM   #23
dodco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have a 4dr X with an auto. Stock.

Around town I get 15-16mpg

On State highways (meaning I am averaging about 55-65mph) I get 20-24mpg

On freeways 75-85mph I get 17-19mpg

I also live at 7200 ft. elevation which really affects the power. If I put my ski rack on I lose about 2 mpg.

I can not wait until summer and I put the ATV trailer on.

The mileage should really go in the toilet.

But it sure is fun to drive
dodco1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2007, 09:39 AM   #24
Omega Man
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodco1
I have a 4dr X with an auto. Stock.

Around town I get 15-16mpg

On State highways (meaning I am averaging about 55-65mph) I get 20-24mpg

On freeways 75-85mph I get 17-19mpg

I also live at 7200 ft. elevation which really affects the power. If I put my ski rack on I lose about 2 mpg.

I can not wait until summer and I put the ATV trailer on.

The mileage should really go in the toilet.

But it sure is fun to drive
This is in line with what I was figuring. Most people who are complaining about the lousy mileage are also complaining about the engine's lack of power. They are probably pushing the engine and the mileage will suffer. I would think that a 4 door X with a 3:21 rear should get around 16-17 in town and 22-24 on the highway. IF you are getting 18 mpg at 80 mph, that is good mileage.
Omega Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2007, 05:22 PM   #25
deadspot

I was thinking about that myself - knowing how the 3.8/6c is after a couple months I question if I could purchase a V8 even if it was an option. I think I would choose - at least as a daily driver now - the 6 and balance fuel economy and power. The $50 a week fill ups are getting old already!
deadspot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2007, 05:36 PM   #26
SPDSNYPR

I've been getting about 16.5 mpg in mixed driving - but I haven't gone through a single tank of gas where I didn't go crawling around a little in 4wd low range, so I'm guessing that has effected it some. Overall, it seems to go about as far on a tank of gas as my 99 TJ did.
SPDSNYPR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.