Metel Cloak replacement inner fender flares with Ace wide flares? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Metel Cloak replacement inner fender flares with Ace wide flares?

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 10-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
vincenzo31313
2012 JK Wrangler 

Metel Cloak replacement inner fender flares with Ace wide flares?

Anyone know if this setup will work? I am going to get some of the new Ace wide flares but I really wnat some inner protection still. Is there another way to get some?

vincenzo31313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
MudDuck99
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

bump. i was wandering if the factory inner fender would work . If not, then maybe an aftermarket one
MudDuck99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 03:58 AM   #3
vincenzo31313
2012 JK Wrangler 

I think rugged ridge makes some too. Any protection would be good though.
vincenzo31313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #4
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

i have the rugged ridge, they are pretty good but at full stuff my tires rub on the bracket for your factory turn signal, which kinda blows. would like to see how the metal cloak ones are, when i go with their fenders maybe ill buy
awinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 04:36 AM   #5
austinjs

Check out Gen Right. They are offering replacement inner fenders for some Jeeps now. Even has a version to cover a 1" body lift.
austinjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

I know with the Narrow ACE fenders, you can run the stock inner fenders. I am sure the wide would not be a issue either. It is pretty easy to do. You have to get a little creative with the lower mount but I usually just zip tie it up. It works quite well!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
MudDuck99
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I installed the year inners today. What a pain. I had to modify all but two hols cause they were far from lining up. I cut two 2x2 hols in it for the two holes that do not have nutserts. It was a pain, you have to get a little creative but it's worth it. It's a lot cleaner look over cut factory flares.

Due to all of the mounts for the front having nuts and bolts, I'm going to have to pull the front fenders to install the front inners. Will give an update when I do
MudDuck99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.