Mesh Grill Mod.....with Pics! - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mesh Grill Mod.....with Pics!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #196
gcan
2008 JK Wrangler 

I went with the original black plastic gutter guard, used JB weld to secure the little plastic things. That was early spring. It's been thru an aweful lot of mud and water since then, and looks the same as the day I installed it. There isn't a gap with the plastic, so nothing falls inside. And it's stopped a (ok, small) tree branch and all the other crap in the woods here from beating up my radiator. best $10 I ever spent!

gcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #197
Gumby1
2014 JK Wrangler 

What dept do you guys get the plastic pieces that stick on? Electrical dept? Like what are they actually for? I asked a guy at Home Depot and he looked at me like I had 3 eyes when I explained what I was doing, "we don't sell Jeep parts here, try the dealer just down the road" was what I got.
Gumby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #198
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby1 View Post
What dept do you guys get the plastic pieces that stick on? Electrical dept? Like what are they actually for? I asked a guy at Home Depot and he looked at me like I had 3 eyes when I explained what I was doing, "we don't sell Jeep parts here, try the dealer just down the road" was what I got.
I don't remember specifically but anything that says electrical or computer should be the way to go. Generally for small electrical wires or computer cables
AlbertaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #199
Gumby1
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJeeper View Post
I don't remember specifically but anything that says electrical or computer should be the way to go. Generally for small electrical wires or computer cables
Perfect, I'll go have another look, thanks!
Unread 10-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #200
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Perfect, I'll go have another look, thanks!
Here's what I found for reference:

Where abouts in Alberta are you?
AlbertaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #201
Kiriesh
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
They're either ziptie mounts or cable mounts depending on who you ask. Should be in the wiring/electrical section of any hardware store. Be sure to remove the crappy adhesive pad they come with and just superglue the plastic mount directly onto the back of the grill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG using JeepForum
Kiriesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 06:11 AM   #202
Gumby1
2014 JK Wrangler 

Where abouts in Alberta are you?[/QUOTE]

I'm down in Medicine Hat
Unread 11-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #203
irishluck
2013 JK Wrangler 

I actually had to redo mine after 7 months of my guards on the grill.

The sticky pads finally came undone. Im actually redoing it right now and gluing down as well.
dscn1717.jpg

dscn1719.jpg

dscn1720.jpg

dscn1722.jpg

irishluck is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.