Mesh Grill Mod.....with Pics! - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mesh Grill Mod.....with Pics!

Halloween Savings to die for!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 03-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #166
smittycm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRenegade View Post
Does this have to be done one strip at a time, 7 times? No way to make it a one piece install?

Dan
Can't be done in one strip if you use gutter guard. Gutter Guard is only approximately 6" wide. You'd have to find some other sort of mesh to use in order to get it done in one single strip.

Well I actually got the undercoating to work. I was able to paint a layer of Rustoleum acrylic over the top of it and it dried perfectly fine. Looks awesome! I have no idea why they didn't include some sort of mesh behind the grill from the factory.

Unread 03-31-2012, 02:28 PM   #167
JoeSchroeduh
2012 JK Wrangler 

My anchors broke loose so I approached the problem a little differently the 2nd time around.

I got the rugged ridge bezels and drilled holes top and bottom to bolt the mesh on. Decided to try white mesh instead of the black I used last time, the contrast against the bezels looks pretty cool.

JoeSchroeduh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #168
TheHeretic
Kool Kat 4x4

2005 TJ Wrangler 

That looks awesome

The only True Professional Mechanic in the Greater Toronto Area for Modified Jeeps, and trucks. If Rock Spyder hasn't seen it before, or done it before, you don't need it.

http://rockspyder4x4.com

http://koolkat4x4.org
TheHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #169
Gadget__Boy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeretic
That looks awesome

image-3696011848.jpg

Over a year later, still loving the gutter guard...
Gadget__Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #170
depdawg275
2011 JK Wrangler 

In the pink

Painted the mesh pink. Thought I would post mine as well, I had the grill inserts on the front before the grill mod. Had to cut the mesh at the clips on the rear side. Still came out good.
front-grill.jpg  
depdawg275 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #171
Dogbones
2006 TJ Wrangler 

looks good on a JK probably not so good on a TJ
Dogbones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:15 AM   #172
TJCoffield
2012 JK Wrangler 

Did this DIY mod today. It protects the radiator and looks cool. Cost about $20 at Lowes and an hour of my time, and I have plenty of supplies left. I used Gorilla glue to hold down the mounts, as I heard others had problems with the adhesive strips for the zip-ties. The gutter guard mesh rolls were in the far right-end of the store at my particular Lowes. I was extremely surprised at how easy it was to remove the front grill and do this .

2000 Jeep TJ 4.0 l6 (manual) (Forest Green)
2012 Jeep JK 3.6 V6 (manual) (Bright White)
TJCoffield is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #173
Ryanweitzel24

Carid.com
Easy install, 6 cuts and some screws.
image.jpg  
Ryanweitzel24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #174
Threepointchamp
2009 JK Wrangler 

Everybody's after pics look awesome. I can't wait to do this to mine. Great idea
Threepointchamp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #175
08Helotes
2008 JK Wrangler 

Not sure if i posted yet but heres mine! Reslly easy.. Used super glue and removed the adhesive pads, never comin off!
image-1774322099.jpg   image-1730138780.jpg  
08Helotes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #176
CONative
2013 JK Wrangler 

08Heltos - Any issues with overheating? Looks really similar to what I am getting ready to do to my grill, but wondered about the effect of restricted airflow.

Image is of the Rugged Ridge XHD Aluminum Bumper and the material I am considering for the grill. Grill will be plasti dipped black.
grill.jpg  
CONative is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #177
08Helotes
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONative
08Heltos - Any issues with overheating? Looks really similar to what I am getting ready to do to my grill, but wondered about the effect of restricted airflow.

Image is of the Rugged Ridge XHD Aluminum Bumper and the material I am considering for the grill. Grill will be plasti dipped black.

No not at all. Even in the texas heat at 105+ there were no problems!
08Helotes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #178
CONative
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Helotes View Post
No not at all. Even in the texas heat at 105+ there were no problems!
Thanks! Should be just fine in the cool air of Colorado . . . just a bit paranoid about the heat, having come from Arizona . . .
CONative is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #179
rha600
2013 JK Wrangler 

Cost me $35 but I did mine today.

I had a damn hard time with just ONE of the zip tie mounts. Even with JB weld helping to secure them.

rha600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #180
gills
2007 JK Wrangler 

Started this yesterday and was super-gluing the wire-tie bases down this afternoon when - sploosh - the tube of glue let go. Very luckily I didn't adhere to anything, but my fingers will have a peculiar coating for a couple of days.

I now know all about cyanoacrylate and was re-introduced to my old friend acetone.

I'm off to cut and spray the metal mesh (Lowe's gutter guard) black. Should look great on my Rescue Green Jeep!
2007 Sahara - Rescue Green, 2-Door, 6-spd, 4.10 gears & dual tops. AEV 2.5" lift, hood, drop brackets, snorkel & rear slider. Cobra 75 WX XT CB, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Rugged Ridge light bar, hydraulic hood struts, T&T Customs Adventure Series sliders & IPF 968 lights.
Waiting to be installed: River Raider breather extension, and not much else for this year...
gills is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.