Mesh Grill Mod.....with Pics! - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mesh Grill Mod.....with Pics!

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #136
deerassassin22
2011 JK Wrangler 

Would a hot glue gun with these bases hold up, is people using super glue just wondering was thinking about doing this weekend looks like a nice weekend mod. And the metal mesh were could you get a piece long and wide enought to fit? I see everyone using gutter screen that is not very wide at lest if its what I'm thinking of.

deerassassin22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2011, 06:42 AM   #137
Gadget__Boy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionicrooster View Post
where do you find the mounting bases? i couldn't find them in home depot ?
I ended up finding them at the 2nd Lowes that I went to. The are located on the electrical isle. The cable ties are in a bag, but the bags were not hanging up. They were in a box. The part number at Lowes is 292685. They can look in their computer and show you where they are on the isle.
Gadget__Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2011, 06:35 AM   #138
Joevacs
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerassassin22 View Post
Would a hot glue gun with these bases hold up, is people using super glue just wondering was thinking about doing this weekend looks like a nice weekend mod. And the metal mesh were could you get a piece long and wide enought to fit? I see everyone using gutter screen that is not very wide at lest if its what I'm thinking of.
I trimmed one piece for each hole in the grill. I used "Plumbers GOOP" glue and it is permanent
Unread 03-26-2011, 09:14 AM   #139
JustKen
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Let me know if there are any copyright fees

sany1086.jpg
sany1087.jpg
JustKen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2011, 11:27 PM   #140
Scar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKen View Post
Let me know if there are any copyright fees

Attachment 208801
Attachment 208802
Lol nice!
Scar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #141
fritz103

This looks like a great idea. I was looking to buy a full grille insert but they're around 200 bones! This looks way more economical, thanks to tony for pointing this out to me
fritz103 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #142
LUNCHBOX_PGH
2009 JK Wrangler 

Did anyone try the plastic dip stuff used for tool handles on the metal mesh? Maybe it would help avoid cracking grill if rocks get trapped. Plus it would dry quicker than paint. I may have to try it this weekend.
LUNCHBOX_PGH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #143
scottka

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUNCHBOX_PGH View Post
Did anyone try the plastic dip stuff used for tool handles on the metal mesh? Maybe it would help avoid cracking grill if rocks get trapped. Plus it would dry quicker than paint. I may have to try it this weekend.
That's a good idea. It seems like it might be pretty difficult to get an even coat without it closing up some of the holes in the mesh though.
scottka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #144
ThunderFoot

2007 JK Wrangler 

I think you'd have better result with bedliner or POR-15 than the plastic dip. That stuff is very thick (and expensive for the quantity in the can). Of course you might get good results with a roller.
Freedom Top (Black) Soft Top (Black) 285/75R17 TOYO Open Country AT Pro-Comp 3036 17x9 Alloy Wheels TUFFY Security Drawer Delta Quad-Bar Xenon Headlights JK 6-Switch sPOD Source SuperChips Flashpaq Tune
Diode Dynamics LED License Plate Cobra 75 WX ST 4' Wilson Antenna AIRAID SynthaMax Cool Air Dam Intake System Hella FF 500 Driving Lights Hella Black Magic Driving Lights Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Tailgate Cover
9" Billet Antenna RR XHD Bumpers Fore & Aft with Storage Ends and Spare Tyre Carrier XRC8 Winch 2.5" Pro-Comp Suspension Bilstein Shocks RECON LED Smoked Turn Signals & Fender Lens

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1958
NRA Patron Life Member
ThunderFoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 12:12 PM   #145
mkfx35
2011 JK Wrangler 

Did mine today, picked everything up at Lowe's for around $20.00
img_1215.jpg

img_1217.jpg

mkfx35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2011, 02:23 AM   #146
wtf_imanut
2009 JK Wrangler 

Looks good! I use the spray on bedliner from walmart...that stuff is durable and easy for creating even coats. I've redone some weapon handles with it and they came out sweet! The trick is very thin coats but lots of them.

Last edited by wtf_imanut; 08-13-2011 at 02:25 AM.. Reason: pictures to dang big
wtf_imanut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2011, 07:36 PM   #147
tahoemn1
2010 JK Wrangler 

mesh grill

Love the idea of the grill insets i just traded my tj wrangler sport for a jk sport 4x4 unlimited and im gonna do this idea. I live in kansas and the bugs are BAD here my jp has 6600 miles on it and i want to prtect the radiator and the cooler from destruction.
tahoemn1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #148
kaisoboy
2011 JK Wrangler 

Well I just completed this mod today. The only problem is the 1x1" tie-downs were to large between the openings on the back side of the grille. So I placed two at the ends of each opening and cut the mesh to size and made them taught with four ties. Looks good and I think that it will do the trick. We'll see how this holds out in the next while!

Kaiso
kaisoboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #149
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Silver grill

Just finished my mesh grill mod, decided to go with silver but now that I'm looking at it installed I'm debating spraying it black. Comments?

Before:

During:

After:

Thanks for the idea!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #150
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

I think the black fits the jeep look a little better, but that's just me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.