Meguires PlastX - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Meguires PlastX

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 11-07-2007, 09:23 AM   #1
JeepNorth
2007 JK Wrangler 

Meguires PlastX

I had been to the dealership looking for the cleaner for the soft top windows. Their parts department isn't very helpful. They didn't stock anything and they didn't even bother to try and look it up. They don't even have the lube for the zippers so I'm positive they aren't servicing it when I take it in. (Anyone have a good zipper lube option?)

So at Walmart last week I saw Meguires PlastX for clear plastics. I found it worked really well. It removed small scratches and polished everything. Water beads really easy on it. They actually looks better than the glass windows.

It is a blueish colored micropolish. I was concerned at first because after doing it and going driving, the windows had a slight blue tinge but that seems to now be gone.

When I used the rag to do the outside, it turned gray from all the dirt. Inside was almost non existent. If you forget to wipe it off inside, it leaves swirl marks in the condensation, but isn't visible when the condensation burns off.

Here' the website blurb;

"This easy-to-use, rich gel formula quickly restores optical clarity to both rigid and flexible clear plastics. Cutting-edge advancements in Meguiar’s® exclusive Microscopic Diminishing Abrasive™ Technology (MDAT) remove light oxidation, chemical degradation, surface contamination, stains and light surface scratches with ease. Special highly water resistant polymers provide long lasting durable protection to keep your clear plastics clear and beautiful longer."

JeepNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2007, 02:00 PM   #2
mca1977jpsnet

If your looking for Mopar Jeep Chemicals:
Mopar Soft Glass Cleaner p# 5012248AA
Mopar (Zipper Lube) Zipper Cleaner and Lubricant p# 5066440AA
Mopar Convertible Cloth Top Cleaner concetrate p# 5012245AA
Mopar Convertible Cloth Top Treatment p# 5012246AA
Mopar Carpet Cleaner p# 5175050AA
Mopar Satin Select Cleaner (for OEM int silver trim and dash) p# 5174395AA

Take the p# your looking for your local dealer. If they don't have it ask them to order it. If they won't order it or say "you have to order 6 or 12 at a time" Ask them to pick one up from another dealer or ask what dealer locally has what your looking for and go to the other dealer .... for good??
mca1977jpsnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.