Mc gamechanger / tf speed bumps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Mc gamechanger / tf speed bumps

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 12-01-2013, 04:36 AM   #1
mrwildebeast
2014 JK Wrangler 

Mc gamechanger / tf speed bumps

Is anyone running with the MC gamechanger kit and Teraflex speedbumps on a JK U ?

Which speedbump kit would work without negating the 6pak up travel

mrwildebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Metalcloak 6 pack 14" travel shocks compressed length is about the same as the stock shocks compressed length (MC 14" Stock 14.5").

Do you have enough tire clearance to accommodate a shock that short?

To get the most compression, you'll need to rely on flat flares, trimming, or a body lift along with taking tire height into consideration to reduce the amount of bumpstop needed.
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

But they drop the shock mount in the front a little under 2" to make up for there fubar shock lengths....

But all good points he should consider.
Maertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 04:28 AM   #4
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maertz View Post
But they drop the shock mount in the front a little under 2" to make up for there fubar shock lengths....

But all good points he should consider.

That's only a little over a 1" difference compared to stock and that's not considering that you can run a slightly longer than stock shock on stock bump stops. Considering the tire size that is normal for a 3.5" lift, it would be easy to lose compression because of the other choices.

And you can raise the rear lower shock mount to accommodate the short compressed length and increase ground clearance....

Not "should consider"... he has to consider all the factors that effect the bump stop length. It does no good to plan your bump stops around your shocks only to realize that your other choices won't allow it. All other choices must be made based on the same goal.

Planning the bump stops around the shocks is sort of backward from the normal process.

Just take everything into consideration.
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #5
mrwildebeast
2014 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the replies guys,

I don't have the vehicle yet so i don't have any bought parts to accomodate,

I intend to run 35"s with the gamechanger lift and i'm open to a 1.25" body lift if required but i'm not sure whether im going to run into body height related clearance before full lock related clearance,but i do intend to use stubby flat fenders and some modified liners / whatever i need to do to not rub,

I was thinking of the bump stops helping more on washboard / wash roads at relatively high speeds where the speed bumps ( in the front at least could help with stability.

Slade, I take your point, i just weant to maximise what i can do with the MC/6PAKs but also not compromise higher speed performance,
Unread 12-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #6
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwildebeast View Post
Thanks for the replies guys,

I don't have the vehicle yet so i don't have any bought parts to accomodate,

I intend to run 35"s with the gamechanger lift and i'm open to a 1.25" body lift if required but i'm not sure whether im going to run into body height related clearance before full lock related clearance,but i do intend to use stubby flat fenders and some modified liners / whatever i need to do to not rub,

I was thinking of the bump stops helping more on washboard / wash roads at relatively high speeds where the speed bumps ( in the front at least could help with stability.

Slade, I take your point, i just weant to maximise what i can do with the MC/6PAKs but also not compromise higher speed performance,
With 35s you should not have much rubbing rubbing issues. Personal opinion trim your stock fenders flat. Trim the pinch seams in the rear to fit the tire at full compression. And run 4.5" back spaced or lower wheels.
If you have enough shaft on the shock left in the rear at full compression you could looking evos rock star skids with shock relocation brackets. Two birds with one stone. Then in the front fab something up. Once again your bump stop will limit up travel. So get the max out of your up travel then make the mounts so the shock is at or near full compression when the tires are fully stuffed. This way you'll maximize your droop. Hope I made sense
Unread 12-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #7
mrwildebeast
2014 JK Wrangler 

Thanks Awinski

I was looking just now at the off road evo adjustable air bump stops, i wonder if adjustable is the way to go to maximize what i build in with the other components

I think i'm going to take advice from Metalcloak as well as to what i might need to compliment the kit although i don't want to get into a A causes B, C fixes B causes D, E fixes D... Well you get the idea, I suppose i'm looking for a logical start point which i think i have as i'm pretty much set on the Gamechanger kit.

Thanks for the Reply
Unread 12-03-2013, 07:34 AM   #8
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLADE View Post

That's only a little over a 1" difference compared to stock and that's not considering that you can run a slightly longer than stock shock on stock bump stops. Considering the tire size that is normal for a 3.5" lift, it would be easy to lose compression because of the other choices.

And you can raise the rear lower shock mount to accommodate the short compressed length and increase ground clearance....

Not "should consider"... he has to consider all the factors that effect the bump stop length. It does no good to plan your bump stops around your shocks only to realize that your other choices won't allow it. All other choices must be made based on the same goal.

Planning the bump stops around the shocks is sort of backward from the normal process.

Just take everything into consideration.
I hear ya man it just seems like more people than not just wing it not taking all necessary steps now days when it comes to planning or building there rig.
Unread 12-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #9
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

why the body lift on a JK, it is just dumb.....a jk can fit freeking 35/ 37" on a no lift with Mc fenders? There is NO good reason to do this unless we are talking 42"s. You can even do a FLAT pan JK(like the belly up on a TJ) with NO body lift? you raise the COG for nothing...
Unread 12-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #10
mrwildebeast
2014 JK Wrangler 

I would only consider the body lift for clearance if i need to clear tires.

Hi Maertz, No disrespect but I am planning that's why i'm here, it's my first jeep build ( we all have to have one ) and i'm looking for as much background as i can. I'm a year away from the build and nowhere near finalized, I'm not about to spend 10k or whateveron something i didn't think about.

I'm happy to take advice from anyone who will freely give and all replies are welcome, if you think i'm suggesting something dumb then go ahead and tell me
( thanks 222doc)
Unread 12-03-2013, 08:53 AM   #11
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

None taken. There's tons of threads to help. You see these started everyday and half the people dont even listen to the advice given. It gets old. Not sure if your on jk forum but dirtman has a massive writeup on lifts, planman chimes in plenty also. Its a good read for anyone looking for info. Its called my thoughts on lifts.
Unread 12-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #12
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwildebeast View Post
I would only consider the body lift for clearance if i need to clear tires.

Hi Maertz, No disrespect but I am planning that's why i'm here, it's my first jeep build ( we all have to have one ) and i'm looking for as much background as i can. I'm a year away from the build and nowhere near finalized, I'm not about to spend 10k or whateveron something i didn't think about.

I'm happy to take advice from anyone who will freely give and all replies are welcome, if you think i'm suggesting something dumb then go ahead and tell me
( thanks 222doc)
When I come time for bumpers I can assure you genright will stand up to a horse
Unread 12-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #13
mrwildebeast
2014 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for that i'll take a look,

It's hard to know where to start, I think a fixed point to work from is a good way to go and i settled on the Gamechanger kit as being that, it was a good lift size, nothing too extreme and i love the 6paks articulation.

Would you say picking a lift kit forms a good point to start ( starting from stock '14 Rubi ) wanting 35s with a lift which would take 37s
Unread 12-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #14
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

i absolutely hate kits, the game changer is a nice kit, but there shock lengths make no sense. There built for there fenders and without there fenders you may find yourself not using all of the articulation. In some scenarios a 12" travel shock will flex just as good or better than there 14" travel shock.. Thats why you have to research what you want to do.

Heres a little more info on the metalcloak kit from Matson himself.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/b...29/index2.html

Ideally you should decide on tire size then fenders then coil\lift then bumpstops then shocks last. Kits will get you a simple easy set up, but are not ideally built for each individual jk.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.