Are MasterCraft seats worth it? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Are MasterCraft seats worth it?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 05-30-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
Deleon
2008 JK Wrangler 

Are MasterCraft seats worth it?

I'm looking at swapping to MasterCraft seats in my '08 due to my wife having a bad back and not being able to ride for too long without a good bit of pain. Will they make a difference? Any suggestions are welcome.

Deleon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2009, 10:30 PM   #2
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

ummm...i would gander to guess that those will not be more comfortable than your stock seats.

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
ZX14Rider
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleon View Post
I'm looking at swapping to MasterCraft seats in my '08 due to my wife having a bad back and not being able to ride for too long without a good bit of pain. Will they make a difference? Any suggestions are welcome.
Welcome to the site..

MasterCraft has a good rep in the Jeep world, its good stuff..Not sure on the comfort level though..
ZX14Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2009, 09:31 AM   #4
Northsidejeepin
2008 JK Wrangler 

I will let you know for sure when mine are installed, but i did sit in them on a floor display and they are so much better then stock it is ridiculous. People with strong backs will not notice the benefits as much as someone with a bad back.

I will fill you in in a few more weeks.
Northsidejeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2009, 10:18 AM   #5
Deleon
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks all,

Northside I look forward to hearing from you.
Unread 05-31-2009, 12:10 PM   #6
crusty1007

I've logged thousands of miles in a 1600 desert car in Mastercrafts. They are hands down the best seat.
I will say that if your wife has a back problem they prob won't be a fix.
It may be beneficial to get a deeper bucket (like the 3G's & such) because it will help support the upper body
more than say the "Rubicon" style replacement seat.
I would have her test the seats out & find one that fits her. They can build them to custom widths, depths & so on.
crusty1007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2009, 06:04 PM   #7
Deleon
2008 JK Wrangler 

My plan started with trying to find a shop around here to actually try some seats out, but shops are a little hard to come by in Northern, VA. If anyone knows of a good shop that sells MasterCraft or any other seat it would be much appreciated.
Unread 06-01-2009, 12:02 PM   #8
Brent_f70
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I put a set of Corbeau LG-1 seats in my JK a couple weeks back....Today was the 1st time I have driven my Grand cherokee since then. I use to like the seats in my grand much more than my JK....Today on the way to work I felt like I was sliding out of the seat, I kept tugging at the seat belt to tighten up and that is when i realized it was not the seat belt or the leather it was the fact that my corbeau's hold me in place MUCH better that any factory seat could think about.
I took the JK to Moab last weekend (6-7 hours) one way.....The seats felt GREAT!!! I say go for it but you should look at some other brand seats as well. PRP, Corbeau, twisted stich, beard, mastercraft is not the only one out there and I personally feeel some of the others are better than MC but all of them are better than stock!!
6.7 HEMI, ProRock 60's, Atlas 4 speed t-case, on board air, Teraflex long arm plus ACOS, 37 inch Maxxis Trepadors, 5.38 gears, AEV bumper, Custom AEV hood, Warn 9.5, Nemesis aluminum sliders and fenders, Or-Fab front cage, Poly Performance rear cage, Hutchinson Beadlocks, PJ rear bumper, HD Teraflex track bars, tantrum rock lights, woods shafts, corbeau LG-1 seats, Chaser Trailer........TIME TO PLAY!!! Colorado Jeep Club member #177
Brent_f70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2009, 03:47 PM   #9
Deleon
2008 JK Wrangler 

follow up

Brent,

Any updates on how the seats are working out?

Wife is having surgery next week so I have more time to find out if they are needed. Adds at least two months to the process.
Unread 04-28-2010, 06:42 AM   #10
lotus03
2009 JK Wrangler 

im looking at the Baja mastercraft seats too for a later phase build - i wonder if they are more comfortable than stock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.