Are MasterCraft seats worth it? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Are MasterCraft seats worth it?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-30-2009, 09:12 PM   #1
Deleon
2008 JK Wrangler 

Are MasterCraft seats worth it?

I'm looking at swapping to MasterCraft seats in my '08 due to my wife having a bad back and not being able to ride for too long without a good bit of pain. Will they make a difference? Any suggestions are welcome.

Deleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 09:30 PM   #2
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

ummm...i would gander to guess that those will not be more comfortable than your stock seats.

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2009, 07:16 AM   #3
ZX14Rider
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleon View Post
I'm looking at swapping to MasterCraft seats in my '08 due to my wife having a bad back and not being able to ride for too long without a good bit of pain. Will they make a difference? Any suggestions are welcome.
Welcome to the site..

MasterCraft has a good rep in the Jeep world, its good stuff..Not sure on the comfort level though..
ZX14Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
Northsidejeepin
2008 JK Wrangler 

I will let you know for sure when mine are installed, but i did sit in them on a floor display and they are so much better then stock it is ridiculous. People with strong backs will not notice the benefits as much as someone with a bad back.

I will fill you in in a few more weeks.
Northsidejeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2009, 09:18 AM   #5
Deleon
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks all,

Northside I look forward to hearing from you.
Unread 05-31-2009, 11:10 AM   #6
crusty1007

I've logged thousands of miles in a 1600 desert car in Mastercrafts. They are hands down the best seat.
I will say that if your wife has a back problem they prob won't be a fix.
It may be beneficial to get a deeper bucket (like the 3G's & such) because it will help support the upper body
more than say the "Rubicon" style replacement seat.
I would have her test the seats out & find one that fits her. They can build them to custom widths, depths & so on.
crusty1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2009, 05:04 PM   #7
Deleon
2008 JK Wrangler 

My plan started with trying to find a shop around here to actually try some seats out, but shops are a little hard to come by in Northern, VA. If anyone knows of a good shop that sells MasterCraft or any other seat it would be much appreciated.
Unread 06-01-2009, 11:02 AM   #8
Brent_f70
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I put a set of Corbeau LG-1 seats in my JK a couple weeks back....Today was the 1st time I have driven my Grand cherokee since then. I use to like the seats in my grand much more than my JK....Today on the way to work I felt like I was sliding out of the seat, I kept tugging at the seat belt to tighten up and that is when i realized it was not the seat belt or the leather it was the fact that my corbeau's hold me in place MUCH better that any factory seat could think about.
I took the JK to Moab last weekend (6-7 hours) one way.....The seats felt GREAT!!! I say go for it but you should look at some other brand seats as well. PRP, Corbeau, twisted stich, beard, mastercraft is not the only one out there and I personally feeel some of the others are better than MC but all of them are better than stock!!
6.7 HEMI, ProRock 60's, Atlas 4 speed t-case, on board air, Teraflex long arm plus ACOS, 37 inch Maxxis Trepadors, 5.38 gears, AEV bumper, Custom AEV hood, Warn 9.5, Nemesis aluminum sliders and fenders, Or-Fab front cage, Poly Performance rear cage, Hutchinson Beadlocks, PJ rear bumper, HD Teraflex track bars, tantrum rock lights, woods shafts, corbeau LG-1 seats, Chaser Trailer........TIME TO PLAY!!! Colorado Jeep Club member #177
Brent_f70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #9
Deleon
2008 JK Wrangler 

follow up

Brent,

Any updates on how the seats are working out?

Wife is having surgery next week so I have more time to find out if they are needed. Adds at least two months to the process.
Unread 04-28-2010, 05:42 AM   #10
lotus03
2009 JK Wrangler 

im looking at the Baja mastercraft seats too for a later phase build - i wonder if they are more comfortable than stock

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.