Marathon Seat Covers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Marathon Seat Covers

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 05-06-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
sageguy
2009 JK Wrangler 

Marathon Seat Covers

Anyone have any experience with these seat covers? They look well built, but wanted to know if anyone had any information to share.
Thanks!

sageguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #2
jeeptrash
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I had a set on my YJ and i really liked them. They fit well and were durable as hell. Odd info, they are made in my hometown right next to a welding shop.
Unread 05-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sageguy View Post
Anyone have any experience with these seat covers? They look well built, but wanted to know if anyone had any information to share.
Thanks!
If you purchase and install them can you post pics please ? Thanks
fernjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
BHZDMZ
2014 JK Wrangler 

I purchased a set for my 09' Wrangler. Takes a few weeks to get them. They stand the test of time. Dad has had a set in his F350 Crew Cab for 5+ years. He takes his 3 boxers (200+ lbs) and their nails have never left a mark. Also, they give a military discount on ordering as well. Just have to call them for details. If you would like I can shoot you an email of the photos.
BHZDMZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2010, 03:55 AM   #5
sageguy
2009 JK Wrangler 

BHZ,
I'd really like to see a picture of them in your Jeep. I am about ready to order, but I'd like to see exactly what they look like.
Thanks!
sageguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2010, 08:05 AM   #6
BHZDMZ
2014 JK Wrangler 

I was able to upload a couple pictures in the gallery. You will have to search "Marathon" and they should come right up. If not I can email them directly to you. They have been on my seats for over a month with no adjustments. Getting the hair my boxer leaves behind when she goes for a ride is a heck of a lot easier as well. Also, beach sand is not an issue anymore either.
BHZDMZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #7
PDBreske
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Resurrecting this thread to post pictures of my new Marathon SuperHide seat covers in Mossy Oak Breakup camo pattern.

These are 500 Denier Cordura and they seem very tough so far. The texture is a little rough, so if you're going to be riding in shorts a lot they won't feel as soft as cotton.

The fit is just about perfect and they go on easily. There are plenty of big Velcro straps to hold them in place, although the directions for this set seem to be slightly generic, referring to a couple of elastic strings that weren't on my covers.

I ordered the map pockets on the backs of the front seats, and the day after I placed my order I got a call from the Marathon factory asking if I would also like to add a "pistol pocket" to the front seat covers. That option wasn't available on the web site when I ordered, but I happily added a pocket to the driver's seat. The map pockets have a stiffener built into the top edge to keep it from drooping under the weight of the pockets contents (and I've never seen elastic that retains its stretchiness in the heat of a car for more than a year, so this is a good idea).

Marathon makes all their covers to order, so there is a bit of a wait while they are made (mine took about seven weeks), but they fit like a glove and look great. I paid $414 for the front seats and the back seat, with two map pockets and one pistol pocket. That's about three hundred less than what I would have paid for a set of Wet Okole covers.

The only fault I could find was the rear setback cover doesn't have cutouts for the elastic bands that hold the seat belt buckles up when you fold the rear seat, so you have to pull the buckles out of the bands to get the cover to fit smoothly and every time you fold the seat bottom back into place you'll have to hold up the buckles with one hand while folding the seat with the other. Not a huge pain in the ***, but they could add a large button hole to allow those bands to go through and grab the buckles. Or you could just force the cover around the buckles, but it wouldn't look as nice after the finished installation.

One last thing: These are made in America and they are proud to show it. There is a big tag on the back of the driver's seat and the back of the rear seat back that says, "Made in USA." Love that.

The covers match the headliner and armrest cover I made.

Visor covers, too.

It pained me to punch through the new cover to re-install my fire extinguisher after the seat cover installation.
Unread 06-03-2011, 05:54 PM   #8
jrmandryck
2008 JK Wrangler 

are you happy with them?
Unread 06-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #9
jmb6420
Engr. & Mechanic

2008 JK Wrangler 

I just ordered a set the last month. Delivery is expected sometime the end of June. I've seen several sets and was impressed with the quality. I ordered the map pockets on both front seats, headrest covers, center console cover and pistol pocket. If they are as good as the other sets I've seen, I'll be happy.

They are made to order so delivery takes a little time.
08 Rubicon Red Jeep Club #629

"You can't fix stupid" Ron White

ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
jmb6420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2011, 05:48 AM   #10
PDBreske
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmandryck View Post
are you happy with them?
I've only had them for a week, but yes, I'm very happy so far.
Unread 07-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #11
CCGRUNT0331
2008 JK Wrangler 

Just installed mine on Saturday, very nice material, seems like it would hold up well, need to save up before I purchase the back seats because they run $250 front or rear
Unread 07-13-2011, 07:43 AM   #12
PDBreske
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGRUNT0331 View Post
Just installed mine on Saturday, very nice material, seems like it would hold up well, need to save up before I purchase the back seats because they run $250 front or rear
I bought mine as a set (front and rear) for two reasons. Shipping is $25 whether you buy just the front or both front and rear seats, so buying both of them at the same time saves you having to pay for shipping twice. Also, there is always a chance the materials used will be slightly different (maybe the dyes used to color the material were from different batches and won't match exactly) if your covers are made at different times. Buying them together minimizes this possibility.

Going on six weeks with my covers and I still love them.
Unread 07-13-2011, 03:09 PM   #13
CCGRUNT0331
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDBreske

I bought mine as a set (front and rear) for two reasons. Shipping is $25 whether you buy just the front or both front and rear seats, so buying both of them at the same time saves you having to pay for shipping twice. Also, there is always a chance the materials used will be slightly different (maybe the dyes used to color the material were from different batches and won't match exactly) if your covers are made at different times. Buying them together minimizes this possibility.

Going on six weeks with my covers and I still love them.
Ya ya, I didn't think I'd love the pattern but looks weird without the rear seats covered, maybe I can time it when they're having a special
Unread 07-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #14
jmb6420
Engr. & Mechanic

2008 JK Wrangler 

Or do like I did and remove the rear seat!
08 Rubicon Red Jeep Club #629

"You can't fix stupid" Ron White

ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
jmb6420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #15
aztec_doc
2013 JK Wrangler 

Are only the camo covers cordura or are they all cordura?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.