My JKUR only has 1200 miles, so I'm hoping the shifting will become more smooth over time. couple of nits:
- pain to get into reverse, end up in 6th sometimes, really have to force it over there.
- I spend a lot of time shifting around town with the 4.10s. i did expect that would be true until i lift and get bigger tires down the road.
- 4 to 5 shifts require concentration, although this is true of most manual cars I've owned
- in general I find i spend a lot of time thinking about my shifting to get it right in the JKU. when i'm not paying close attention, shifts are clunky
- (on the other hand) the clutch is butter compared to my TJ, YJ and CJ of past years, which was like trying to play soccer with a cinder block.
as i said, I do expect all of this to improve with more break-in and my comfort with the rig. even with these issues, I wouldn't trade it tomorrow for the same jeep in auto. there are days I wish I had auto, but on the whole I just prefer rowing and selecting my own gear.
and luckily the wife can drive a stick -- when I let her...